About those stars

RachelCharlotte

Hi, three questions for you:

1. Do we only get a star for the level if player 1 finishes first? Because someone else's first place yielded nothing.

2. How exactly are 1-3 stars earned, are they linked to the difficulty?

3. Is every star a gold star meaning that for the worlds' trophies you only need one star each?

My theory on this: Only my own placement decides whether or not I get stars and their number corresponds to the difficulty level. Is that correct?

Hi, three questions for you:

1. Do we only get a star for the level if player 1 finishes first? Because someone else's first place yielded nothing.

2. How exactly are 1-3 stars earned, are they linked to the difficulty?

3. Is every star a gold star meaning that for the worlds' trophies you only need one star each?

My theory on this: Only my own placement decides whether or not I get stars and their number corresponds to the difficulty level. Is that correct?

Hi,

Stars are linked to each difficulty. You have to earn the stars yourself if playing with multiple people (As that is the controller your account is linked to) . Gold star every track means 1 of the 3 gold stars on every picnic and race event (16 total i believe so 32 stars)

Hi,

Stars are linked to each difficulty. You have to earn the stars yourself if playing with multiple people (As that is the controller your account is linked to) . Gold star every track means 1 of the 3 gold stars on every picnic and race event (16 total i believe so 32 stars)

Hey Itsallaboutthegaming,

I noticed you have 100 % on one version, could you confirm if the other version the 2 trophies are glitched

Hey Itsallaboutthegaming,

I noticed you have 100 % on one version, could you confirm if the other version the 2 trophies are glitched

Yes its well known that the Eu version has 2 glitched trophies which Arran Langmead is working on. He has recently had PC problems and is awaiting a new one to be delivered.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the explaination. Saddens me to see how they discourage playing this game with friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the explaination. Saddens me to see how they discourage playing this game with friends.

...? You can play up to 4 player split screen. Its supposed to be a split screen experience just like the old crash racers. Also with a 2 man team, asking for servers etc is a bit much hahaha

...? You can play up to 4 player split screen. Its supposed to be a split screen experience just like the old crash racers. Also with a 2 man team, asking for servers etc is a bit much hahaha

I don't care about online multiplayer, I'm talking about completing the game. I still have to play through it on my own to get those stars or tell the others:

Either you let me come first or we keep playing the same level over and over until we win.

Why not make it so anyone can contribute?

I don't care about online multiplayer, I'm talking about completing the game. I still have to play through it on my own to get those stars or tell the others:

Either you let me come first or we keep playing the same level over and over until we win.

Why not make it so anyone can contribute?

Because trophies have always tied to a single person's account. With the ps4 you sign in as guests or other user accounts. This really should'nt be that big a deal lol

Because trophies have always tied to a single person's account. With the ps4 you sign in as guests or other user accounts. This really should'nt be that big a deal lol

I guess I must have imagined being able to get trophies and story progress with a friend in basically every other coop game then, e.g. the Lego games :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I must have imagined being able to get trophies and story progress with a friend in basically every other coop game then, e.g. the Lego games :)

In the lego games you've completed an action together. The Trophy would also not only pop for you but the other account signed into the second controller...

In the lego games you've completed an action together. The Trophy would also not only pop for you but the other account signed into the second controller...

1. Where is the difference? How do Lego games ensure that both players did an equal amount of work (if both get the trophy) or that the second player did not make it to easy for the first player (if only they get the trophy)? Do you honestly think someone at Lego would even have thought about something as ridiculous as deactivating trophies if e.g. the second player was the one to defeat a boss?

2. And that would be a problem because...? If you want to make trophies hard, do it, but since they're already incredibly easy to get there is absolutely no reason to put in this annoying hurdle in fear someone who's not deserving of them might get one or two trophies for free...

1. Where is the difference? How do Lego games ensure that both players did an equal amount of work (if both get the trophy) or that the second player did not make it to easy for the first player (if only they get the trophy)? Do you honestly think someone at Lego would even have thought about something as ridiculous as deactivating trophies if e.g. the second player was the one to defeat a boss?

2. And that would be a problem because...? If you want to make trophies hard, do it, but since they're already incredibly easy to get there is absolutely no reason to put in this annoying hurdle in fear someone who's not deserving of them might get one or two trophies for free...

I did'nt make the game or the deciding factors for the trophy, I do see your point, but just can't see why it was such an issue for you. Coming first should'nt really be hard at all anyway, especially if you were to play on easy. And if your friend does happen to be better, just swap controllers...?

I did'nt make the game or the deciding factors for the trophy, I do see your point, but just can't see why it was such an issue for you. Coming first should'nt really be hard at all anyway, especially if you were to play on easy. And if your friend does happen to be better, just swap controllers...?

It's not that it's difficult, I just don't want to have to either keep playing the same stage over and over again until the right person finishes first, because it's always one of us who wins. Seeing how the developers so insisted on a local MP focus there is no reason to have to play alone or cheat in the way you proposed at all.

• 1 month later...

You don't need all the stars to finish each area

You just need to beat the race and the picnic event on easy for each of the four levels in the three different worlds

You only need to go to medium and hard levels to actually get the trophy for playing on medium and hard