Summer lesson PSVR Part 2, 3 and 4.

Alison (blonde girl) is in some videos i see but not all.

My reasoning for this is that she is more advanced to understand as she speaks English and for demo purposes it was better to show Hikari to the Japanese audience as they would be able to understand what was actually going on.

I don't know the full content yet but rest assured that as soon as i am able to play this i will post back everything that i can, and hope others who get this would chip in and do the same too.

I am not convinced that those are parts 2 and 3, because she is still in her bedroom which is where part 1 is set, subsequent parts will change location dramitically.

It might be that those are just you tube titled parts 1,2 and 3 taken separately from the same part 1.

Edit...

Quote:  ''Here’s a video showing us more from the “Hikari Miyamoto Seven Days Room” demo.''

^This basically confirms it, all 3 parts of those videos seem to be from the same part 1 episode.

Anyway here is my Summer Lesson pre-order with current countdown timer.   :)

summerlessonpre.jpg

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I've only seen that countdown clock once; when I pre-ordered Day of the Tentacle. I'm usually not for pre-ordering digital unless it's digital only and I really need the game right away, which was the case with DotT.

Is Summer Lesson digital only, and/or did you get any extra's out of it?

Edited by BillyHorrible

i believe it is digital only at this time, when i was first interested in the game some months ago i noticed that Play-asia had it listed on their website, however this has since been removed and would suggest it is indeed digital only.

Regarding extra's, sorry I have no idea, I would guess i am just getting what i paid for, which is part 1 of Summer Lesson only.

i believe it is digital only at this time, when i was first interested in the game some months ago i noticed that Play-asia had it listed on their website, however this has since been removed and would suggest it is indeed digital only.

Regarding extra's, sorry I have no idea, I would guess i am just getting what i paid for, which is part 1 of Summer Lesson only.

Well it being digital only is reason enough reason to pre-order if you want to play the game day one anyway.

Yea i really do, even though i have Japanese class that same day, i will at some point look at the game hopefully (class is more important).

I had yen saved up for Summer Lesson, and when i saw it for just under 3000 yen i was very excited, it was always day 1 for me.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Yea i really do, even though i have Japanese class that same day, i will at some point look at the game hopefully (class is more important).

I had yen saved up for Summer Lesson, and when i saw it for just under 3000 yen i was very excited, it was always day 1 for me.

Well, as long as you're happy about it then good for you :)

I fail to see the appeal but then again I love games that others fail to see the appeal of (How We Soar, Flower and Octodad to name a few) so I'm not going to judge.

Saw my first full anime series a month or two ago (Death Note, the live action movie of which I loved years ago) so who knows, a couple of years from now I might be cheering along.

More details on the best PSVR game. :awesome: http://gematsu.com/2016/10/summer-lesson-details-game-flow

■ The Player

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_001.jpg

As her tutor, the player is responsible for Hikari Miyamoto, a student who receives poor grades. In preparation for a test at the end of summer vacation, you’ll spend the last week of summer visiting her house…

■ Hikari Miyamoto

Hikari Miyamoto is a bright and energetic girl who doesn’t think about things too in-depth. But now she’s in a bit of a pinch! She is a lovable girl who works hard with her friends when it comes to club activities, but seems to be a regular in the tutoring of various subjects at school. Her parents, irritated, call a tutor and tell their daughter, “If your grades on the end of summer vacation test aren’t good, you’re putting a stop to your club activities!!” Can you help raise Hikari’s grades high enough so that she passes the test?

■ Seven Days

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_002.jpg

For a period of seven days, players will visit Hikari and do lessons. If the outcome of your lessons bear fruit, the results of Hikari’s end of summer test will change. That means, depending on the amount that Hikari grows in ability over that seven day period, the ending of the game will change.

■ A Common Day

Each day, the player (tutor) starts out sitting at the cafe. Rather than a workplace, the player (tutor) is a regular at a cafe that doesn’t get many visitors. This is a new room that wasn’t present in previous technical demonstrations of Summer Lesson.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_003.jpg

On the desk before you are your various work tools. These act as the menu screen itself. You can choose the controller layout most comfortable for you and open the screens you want to open.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_004.jpg

Morning

Prepare for your lessons while thinking about the abilities you want to improve as you head towards the end of the week. You should consider your course of choice since the abilities that improve change based on what you select. As her tutor, the player’s goal is bring out five abilities from Hikari: “willpower,” “inspiration,” “insight,” “inner happiness,” and “quick thinking.”

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_005.jpg

At first, there will only be three courses available (“reading comprehension,” “logical thinking,” and “memorization”), but more will unlock as you continue to play. Use your best judgment as a tutor to select which one you’ll do for the day!

10:00 – Lesson Begins

At 10:00, your lesson with Hikari will begin.

The contents of the lesson varies depending on the course you chose when you were preparing at the cafe. During the lesson, the player can choose how they plan to observe Hikari’s studies. You can observe her in quiet, cheer her on, or do some quick drills. If you can guide her in a way that matches the chosen course, she may be able to bring out greater ability.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_006.jpg

Be sure to observe Hikari in her various states of study for each course. If you choose the “memorization” course during lesson preparation, Hikari will put her efforts in studying flash cards.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_007.jpg

15:00 – Break Time

After five hours of study, Hikari will need a break. During this time, you can watch Hikari as she passes the time, as well as bring up topics to talk about. Perhaps some sort of lucky event will also occur and you’ll be able to enjoy an even greater virtual reality character experience.

Hikari may pass the time on her smartphone. Maybe you can bring your face closer to Hikari’s and peek at the screen?

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_008.jpg

You can also look at the lesson results summary, which is displayed as the tutor’s log rather than as a 2D screen. Lesson results vary depending on how well the chosen course and method of guidance go together.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_009.jpg

If you choose to talk to Hikari, you can pick from subjects such as her friends, the lesson, and her activities.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_010.jpg

17:00 – Check Your Lesson Results

When the lesson comes to an end, you’ll leave Hikari for the day and return to the cafe to check how much she’s grown for the day.

Summer-Lesson_10-06-16_011.jpg

The same basic flow repeats the next day. The extent that Hikari grows depends on you, the tutor!

• Like 1

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

This is so glorious!

THIS should be bundled with PSVR, not some poor west gamezzzzz :awesome:

It is for me ;)

Anyway about this...

''players will visit Hikari and do lessons. If the outcome of your lessons bear fruit''

Can be taken several ways :)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

On my pre-order screen as of right now it says the following:

Playable in 5 days - 4 hours - 35 minutes.

Expected auto-download on 2016-10-10

Which if this happens and I am able to 'start' the game without VR enough for it to load up the trophy list onto my PS4 I might have the full list available on Monday...

I will let you know if any of that happens, if not, we will have to wait 6 more days.

On my pre-order screen as of right now it says the following:

Playable in 5 days - 4 hours - 35 minutes.

Expected auto-download on 2016-10-10

Which if this happens and I am able to 'start' the game without VR enough for it to load up the trophy list onto my PS4 I might have the full list available on Monday...

I will let you know if any of that happens, if not, we will have to wait 6 more days.

I pre-ordered one digital game (Day Of The Tentacle). I can tell you that while it should download ahead of time, it should not let you open the game before the first second of the official release day.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

This is so glorious!

THIS should be bundled with PSVR, not some poor west gamezzzzz :awesome:

Exactly! I mean this is way more interesting than some hour long shallow "experience".I really hope this gets localised. It would actually give me a reason to get a PSVR.

I just thought of something though. How would subtitles work in VR? As far as I know, having 2D elements like a HUD or text don't really work. Maybe the characters could have speech bubbles coming out of them? I hope they figure it out, because screw listening to a game like this in English. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

Exactly! I mean this is way more interesting than some hour long shallow "experience".I really hope this gets localised. It would actually give me a reason to get a PSVR.

I just thought of something though. How would subtitles work in VR? As far as I know, having 2D elements like a HUD or text don't really work. Maybe the characters could have speech bubbles coming out of them? I hope they figure it out, because screw listening to a game like this in English. :P

Why would subtitles not work? Just have them floating about 50cm from your eyes...

And not all other experiences are shallow. There's plenty of other stuff being released that's interesting, to each his own.

Why would subtitles not work? Just have them floating about 50cm from your eyes...

And not all other experiences are shallow. There's plenty of other stuff being released that's interesting, to each his own.

I guess. Surely that would cause other problems like the words getting obstructed by the environment and such though.  

Interesting? Yes, but only for a short amount of time. All of the launch VR titles look like something you'd get bored of after the first hour or so. Less about the gameplay and more about the "experience". *yawns*

I guess. Surely that would cause other problems like the words getting obstructed by the environment and such though.  

Interesting? Yes, but only for a short amount of time. All of the launch VR titles look like something you'd get bored of after the first hour or so. Less about the gameplay and more about the "experience". *yawns*

Wait... Summer Lesson itself is selecting experience over gameplay!

Speech bubbles would present another disatvantage: only being able to read subtitles when looking straight at (or rather above) someone while you really want to look around.

I don't know if you've really looked through all the launch games but there's some sweet games in there combining gameplay and experience. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, Thumper, EVE...

Wait... Summer Lesson itself is selecting experience over gameplay!

That's an exception because cute Japanese girls are justice. :P

Better that than smelling some flowers, examining a coffee mug, or whatever else you do in these VR games. :dunno:

Speech bubbles would present another disatvantage: only being able to read subtitles when looking straight at (or rather above) someone while you really want to look around.

This is why devs need to figure it out, otherwise that's more things that won't work in VR. There's already enough of that.

I don't know if you've really looked through all the launch games but there's some sweet games in there combining gameplay and experience. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, Thumper, EVE...

I have looked, but there's not much that really looks interesting to me. It's not a launch game, but Resident Evil 7 is one of the few VR experiences that interest me. That can be played without PSVR though, so ehhh.

That's an exception because cute Japanese girls are justice. 

THIS GUY KNOWS!

No subs, simply localizing the kanji :awesome:

• Like 1

Thinking about it I hope that Summer Lesson does not get, subbed or dubbed because it would just change the whole feel of the game and how it was intended to be.

I hope they (anyone?) bring out similar games to the west, this is just my opinion but to mess with the base form of the language defeats every aspect of why this game would even exist in the first place, as it is a Japanese game teaching the Japanese language to a Japanese student... it would make absolutely no sense if this was performed in English unless the student was learning English.

I cannot wait until next week to try it out, but even though I will get it on Thursday 13th I probably won't use it until the next day as I have a Japanese lesson on the 13th and nothing but nothing takes priority over that, even a Japanese student in the world of VR who is waiting for me to teach her a lesson   ;)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Thinking about it I hope that Summer Lesson does not get, subbed or dubbed (but maybe ever so lightly rubbed) because it would just change the whole feel of the game and how it was intended to be.

I agree about the dub part, but I don't see why a subbed version would be so bad. If the translation is good and is faithful to what is being said in Japanese, how would it change the whole feel of the game? Granted, it would probably be tough to translate a game about teaching Japanese, but I'm sure it could be done.

I hope they (anyone?) bring out similar games to the west but my experience of Japanese games that have been 'westernised' is one of occasional poor translation, this is just my opinion but to mess with the base form of the language defeats every aspect of why this game would even exist in the first place, as it is a Japanese game teaching the Japanese language to a Japanese student... it would make absolutely no sense if this was performed in English unless the student was learning English.

This reminds me of something...

Ignoring the God awful dub, I see what you're saying about it making no damn sense. :P

• Like 1

I agree about the dub part, but I don't see why a subbed version would be so bad. If the translation is good and is faithful to what is being said in Japanese, how would it change the whole feel of the game? Granted, it would probably be tough to translate a game about teaching Japanese, but I'm sure it could be done.

Firstly an apology, I edited my post as you was replying.

Secondly, I should have said that I don't think it would work that well with lip syncing where this would be important as the characters face would be right in front of us and the size of a teenage human, any irregularities with lip syncing would ruin this game.

Edited by JapanimeGamer