Summer lesson PSVR Part 2, 3 and 4.

This reply of mine is meant as an addition to what bladesoframen has written and hopefully will be of some help to someone.

I have 100% Summer Lesson so if anyone is having difficulty understanding any trophies, what their exact requirements are then just ask.

To my knowledge there is not a guide online that really explains things (in English at least).

I could write a guide but to be honest I don't have the experience of writing guides and wouldn't know how to begin, also I am very busy with my Japanese studies at home/class.

At the time of writing this only 84 people out of 1239 have completed the game (it is actually quite a short game aswell) and out of those 84 I think just 10 have none Japanese accounts, so some people seem to be struggling with the nuts and bolts of some of the trophies or they just gave up.

This is me unlocking the games only gold trophy for obtaining 999 in all subjects. (WARNING - slight spoiler cut scene at the end).

I sadly gave up for now because of how grindy the game is. I think I'm on my 8th playthrough or so right now, slowly raising my levels and getting more conversation topics, but getting quite bored in the process. I don't doubt that it is an easy game, but the lack of content doesn't really encourage me to play it. (However, I'm already thinking about playing through grindier RPGs........ I feel like such a hypocrite)

Also the game was sort of pushed as a uniquely JP VR experience, so I think it got quite a few more casual buys that weren't serious about 100% the game.

• Like 2

What i will say about Summer Lesson is this...

1. It is a little grindy.

2. You will hear the same things over and over and over and over and over and over... there is not much variety of choice really, but you still must make the correct decisions.

3. It is very short when you know what to do, and i honestly think i could beat the game from 0-100% in under 6 hours now if i tried, but i won't.

4. It might look a 'bit naughty' to some people but this does get tired and I found I just skipped much of the repeat text after having played the 12th week (press triangle to skip the meaningless speech and intro for each new week). To be honest when Hikari first (and maybe 2nd or 3rd) time bends over in front of you it is quite nice but after 12 times... well... you know what's coming...

5. Each new week is the same as the last week, there is only one week in the game, you keep replaying this over and over until you hit 100% with the same cut scenes, the same dialogue, the same everything pretty much.

6. Each week is obviously 7 days in length which in Summer Lesson means it is 7 small sections of the game with each section lasting maybe 10 minutes tops if you listen to all the speech, a week can last anything from 30 minutes - 1 hour depending on how you play the game, and honestly after hearing all of the same speech and seeing all of the same cut scenes 3 or 4 times you will be hitting that triangle button to skip a lot of it.

Make no mistake, this is a short game for some, but for others it could be a nightmare... if you choose the incorrect options or just do not fully understand the criteria you could be playing this for months and still not finish it.

I think i got the last 8 or 9 trophies in a couple of short sessions, I didn't play it overly often due to studying.

Obviously this is not a review but if it was I would score the game 3 out of 5 because it does exactly what you expect it to do, but there just is not much of it and what there is of it is actually quite narrow and can be completed quickly if you know what you are doing, or can stay interested long enough.

By the end of it you will have taught a Japanese school girl a damn good lesson, and for some, that will be all that matters ;)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

• 2 weeks later...

Expansion for Summer Lesson releases in Japan 2016-12-01

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/summer-lesson-expansion-pack-focuses-touching/

For those who do not like clicky clicks here is the nuts and bolts...

2 new 'situations' aswell as 6 new costumes for Hikari.

The two new situations involve feeding each other cake and putting medicine on Hikari’s insect bites, having an emphasis on the simulated experience of touch. Players will also get six Lucky Items to make the additional situations immediately available.

The six new costumes available in the expansion provide Hikari with some casual wear, including camisoles and summer dresses that become available after your first playthrough.

Here is the promised update on the expansion...

Version 1.02 is 1.583GB in size.

10 new trophies have been added.

100% completion as a result has dropped to 63%.

Please view my trophy card for further details about these trophies.

As I no longer own PSVR I will not be obtaining these trophies myself until well into next year, and due to the repetitive and shallow nature of the game (not to mention its blurry graphics) and the fact that I have too much studying to do for upcoming exams in the next year or two I am actually OK about that.

Feel free to message me on PSNP or PSN as I might not always see replies to posts.

JapanimeGamer

Edited by JapanimeGamer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...