Trophy Guide Creation

This is probably a dumb question so apologies but how does one create a trophy guide for a game / dlc in the Guides section of the site? 

Go to the trophy list on your profile and click on the green "Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide" button on the right. You must have at least 1 trophy unlocked to create it. Also see this Guide Manual for more information.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

Go to the trophy list on your profile and click on the green "Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide" button on the right. You must have at least 1 trophy unlocked to create it. Also see this Guide Manual for more information.

Thank you, it's a part of the site I barley explore which explains my question so I'm looking into it. Will check out the guide manual.

Since you mentioned it, remember that DLCs are separate.

You can't make a guide on base game AND DLC.

You need to make a guide for each pack separately.

Yeah I noticed, thank you anyway though.

Ok, good luck with the guide. Let me know if you have any other questions about writing guides.

Thanks again, but I think I'm having second thoughts now. I was planning on creating a guide for Rise of the Tomb Raider but I probably won't be able to make one in time before somebody else and by then it would be no point in creating 2 guides for the same game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to, but the time factor that plays into it kinda sucks haha.

Most likely. I prefer to imagine DA unleashing his tyrannical side and abusing his position as guide team member lol

Joking aside, I prefer it that way. Less switching between tabs and the like

I agree actually, having everything together in one place is a lot easier personally but I guess it may cause a bit of complications or errors / problems, so it's understandable.

Lmao, I could totally see that happening!

Thanks again, but I think I'm having second thoughts now. I was planning on creating a guide for Rise of the Tomb Raider but I probably won't be able to make one in time before somebody else and by then it would be no point in creating 2 guides for the same game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to, but the time factor that plays into it kinda sucks haha.

It's recommended to start with a DLC guide or a guide for a PSN 100% game to get familiar with the guide system. Those usually have 12 trophies or less, so it doesn't take that long to revise too. And don't worry, we allow multiples guides for the same game as long as the second one is on par or better then the first one. So don't be intimidated and give it a try, who knows there might be a hidden guide writer in you :D.

*cough* borderlands 2 *cough* ;-)

Perhaps before the rule was enforced? 

Yeah Borderlands 2 was created before the rule of separate DLC guides, just like Uncharted 3. The DLCs were really intertwined with the main trophy guide, so separating them would be a lot of work. I believe those 2 are the only ones that still have DLCs merged with the main guide.

Most likely. I prefer to imagine DA unleashing his tyrannical side and abusing his position as guide team member lol

Joking aside, I prefer it that way. Less switching between tabs and the like

Actually Borderlands 2 was the first guide I wrote and it was created long before I became a guide team member. Back then (when the guide system was just implemented) the Guide Team was really busy sorting through all the guides. Then came the announcement to separate DLCs. Many guides resisted and after a long and bloody war between the rippers and the dragons, we earned our independence :awesome:.

But seriously, I actually prefer DLCs in the main guide too.

• Like 1

It's recommended to start with a DLC guide or a guide for a PSN 100% game to get familiar with the guide system. Those usually have 12 trophies or less, so it doesn't take that long to revise too. And don't worry, we allow multiples guides for the same game as long as the second one is on par or better then the first one. So don't be intimidated and give it a try, who knows there might be a hidden guide writer in you :D.

Yeah Borderlands 2 was created before the rule of separate DLC guides, just like Uncharted 3. The DLCs were really intertwined with the main trophy guide, so separating them would be a lot of work. I believe those 2 are the only ones that still have DLCs merged with the main guide.

Actually Borderlands 2 was the first guide I wrote and it was created long before I became a guide team member. Back then (when the guide system was just implemented) the Guide Team was really busy sorting through all the guides. Then came the announcement to separate DLCs. Many guides resisted and after a long and bloody war between the rippers and the dragons, we earned our independence :awesome:.

But seriously, I actually prefer DLCs in the main guide too.

Haha alright, I think I'm good to go on which game I want to do and who knows, I might be on the Guide Team one day!  :D I will shoot you a personal message on a bit of questions if you don't mind though.

That sounds like a beautiful, bloody story. I hope you tell it to your children someday. Dragons, huh? I could probably pass into the clan with a name like mine.

Haha alright, I think I'm good to go on which game I want to do and who knows, I might be on the Guide Team one day!  :D I will shoot you a personal message on a bit of questions if you don't mind though.

That sounds like a beautiful, bloody story. I hope you tell it to your children someday. Dragons, huh? I could probably pass into the clan with a name like mine.

Awesome, that's the spirit :D. Sure, PM me any questions you have.

Yes it was, the end was a real surprise too: during the final clash we almost made it to Sly's HQ and then he sprung a trap by summoning the RYNO Guard (the 7 most elite rippers and each of them wields a different RYNO). I thought for sure that was going to be the end, but Sly didn't give the signal to attack, instead he praised our determination and offered a place among the Guide Team. So yeah, that's definitely a story for the kids, if I have them one day. You want to join the dragon army? Ok, feel free to apply :awesome:.

• Like 1