TristanBrown17's Trophy Checklist {In progress}

TristanBrown17

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Really? No responses to this thread for a whole month? Ugh.

Anyway, great progress on your account. Action Henk is a pretty difficult 100% only title. With your skills I'm sure you can do Velocity 2X and Surgeon Simulator. The latter is pretty frustrating, although there's a nice workaround using Charles to downgrade Surgeon Simulator to version 1.00.

So I've had MLB the Show 20 for about a year now. Trophy list is confusing as hell with all the damn cards. Really don't understand how the card thing works. I did some stuff on it on a different account and I was given stubs that I could trade onto the marketplace or keep as part of a roster. I'm supposed to build a roster I guess. Reminds me a lot on Fantasy Football, back when that was a lot more popular.

Yeah, I've been really busy this month with classes, so my forum activity has been down and the gaming time I do get I've just been chipping away!

But you would be correct! Since my last update, I've completed 3 more games and worked on 4!

Action Henk-This side scrolling time trial game was an absolute blast to play and super rewarding once the mechanics were figured out. Using Youtube to help me figure out the mechanics necessary to achieve the rainbow times, I was able to complete the game within about a week. I expected this to have more of a racing feel initially, but the game ended up being a somewhat precise platformer that challenges you to learn and remember each track as you race against a ghost with often less than a second to spare. 

Trivial Pursuit (PS3)-I got bored and wanted a PS3 game that was somewhat easy and had a platinum. With my affinity for trivia, I decided this could be a fun game, and realized how dated some of these questions were. Hell, one of the questions asked what a con was with biodiesel, which no longer seems to be a concern to anyone. I was unable to get the Moviepack that would make this platinum easier, so I used the XMB method to allow myself time to look up questions to get that perfect board trophy!

Daytona USA-I saw that this arcade classic was on the store when I was bored and perusing the PS3, so I decided to pick it up. A nice little call-back to the way racing games used to be, the controls weren't great, but the experience was fun for about the hour or two that I played!

Lately, I've been playing Borderlands! I've finished the base game with the exception of reaching level 50 on my own, and finished two of the DLCs. Due to an increase in workload for classes, gaming has taken a backseat to ensure I can succeed in my classes and adequately prepare for my upcoming clinicals starting this summer. I will likely do the Claptrap Revolution DLC next to knock those trophies out and grind the drops, then complete as much of Knoxx's armory as possible with the exception of Cramerax. I'll likely need another playthrough of the campaign because I don't want to bother someone to power level me to 61, but that's okay. Borderlands is a goofy game and I've enjoyed it!

I also knocked out the online for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and am working to find a partner to do a coop campaign runthrough of Sniper Elite 3 so I can do the rest solo on my own time!

I hope y'all are great and as always, if there's any questions, comments, or suggestions for my profile, let me know!

9 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I also knocked out the online for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and am working to find a partner to do a coop campaign runthrough of Sniper Elite 3 so I can do the rest solo on my own time!

Maybe you can help me with the online on my alt. Finding boosting partners for old PSN games on the PS3 can take several days....

On 2/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Maybe you can help me with the online on my alt. Finding boosting partners for old PSN games on the PS3 can take several days....

Yeah! If you're referring to Sonic 2, I can definitely do that. Shouldn't be too bad to knock out quickly. You have me on PSN, so shoot me a message there! Otherwise, I lately knocked out the online for Dying Light (minus that trophy in the Bozak Horde DLC), have a potential partner for SE3 on PS4, and then have been tryna knock out Borderlands on PS3 for good so I can move on to better games xD

5 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

Yeah! If you're referring to Sonic 2, I can definitely do that. Shouldn't be too bad to knock out quickly. You have me on PSN, so shoot me a message there! Otherwise, I lately knocked out the online for Dying Light (minus that trophy in the Bozak Horde DLC), have a potential partner for SE3 on PS4, and then have been tryna knock out Borderlands on PS3 for good so I can move on to better games xD

I appreciate the gesture. My internet isn't the best so you may have to bare some lag.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I appreciate the gesture. My internet isn't the best so you may have to bare some lag.

Not an issue. I would just kinda do my thing while you get your 10 race wins and it'd be done pretty easily. The dude I worked with to get it done last week and I were awful at the game since I haven't played it since the Sega Genesis, so it was hilarious watching us try to get through the stages. :)

Weekly Update time: 

Exams went well, so I treated myself to a few games on the sale and also sat down to finish at least one game. Since the last time I posted on the forum, I finished Borderlands for PS3. A great thank you to a few buddies of mine online who helped to coordinate so that I could powerlevel to save myself a couple hours, it's nice to get this game done and crossed off my "list" of games that I've owned for way too long that I haven't played yet. With another wild week coming up soon, I'm not sure how much I'll get to play, but I'll likely chip away at Art of Rally, Dying Light, or maybe even Black Ops 3 with some of those damn camos. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, King113hit said:

Long time no talk!!! Love you buddy!!! LONG LIVE THE BURNING CABIN!! 1f609.png1f609.png??

Can't say I remember ya, but damn, that's a throwback. 

Update time: I had another really busy week with exams and practicals, and then now it's spring break, so I've been taking the time to play games and finally get some trophies again!

I grinded out Art of Rally for my next platinum since finishing Borderlands (PS3), and am nearly done with Sniper Elite 3 as soon as my coop partner is able to hop on and work with me to finish Authentic difficulty. It'll be nice to have those games knocked off my list, then there will likely be a shooter or two in my future and maybe a racing game sprinkled in there as I continue studies and finish my final academic semester!

• 1 month later...

Update Time: Hey, I'm not dead. Just was really busy there with classes and finals. In my life, I have finished the academic portion of my doctorate, and am ready to head out into the clinic and prove my competency as a clinician there. In gaming, I tried to find some time to play a game for a few minutes to relax, and here's what's been done since my last update. 

Sniper Elite 3 is finally done! A great thanks to my Irish coop partner for sticking with it and finally getting through the story. After what felt like 5 more playthroughs, all the collectibles were done, shots hit, and weapon parts obtained (stupid hidden collectible)

Journey was completed. I was initially hesitant because I had no idea what the online state of this game was with 4 of the trophies being tied to online story completion or meeting unique players, but I am so glad I picked this up and played it. Check out my recommendation section for my thoughts on this game!

MLB 22 The Show: I decided to treat myself after a particularly rough week of exams and I picked up the three sports games that I figured I would enjoy the most, NHL, Madden, and this. At the time of writing, I have the fastest 100% on this game, which honestly wasn't intentional. My previous experience in The Show games definitely helped, but this list was stupidly easy. 

Madden 22: What a buggy mess. While I enjoy Madden games and love the game of football, the inconsistency for some of these trophies to pop can be frustrating. Nonetheless, I finished this game as well in less than a day, so onwards and upwards I suppose. 

Golf Club Wasteland: I also put this game in my recommended. You play as a space man just hitting his golf club along the wasteland of Earth and Mars. However, you uncover more of the story as you move along, and the radio that plays in the background clues you in to what's occurred. Check out my recommended section for more information, but I was pleasantly surprised by this title!

Finally, what am I working on? I have no idea. I'm still resting a good bit from the exhaustion of 2 weeks of finals (passed all of them, woohoo). Which means no more class work for me for a while. I'll start studying for boards before long here, and shift into clinicals which mimic working in my profession full-time. I've found myself enjoying NHL 22, although I'm not sure I have the skills yet to complete the title, been thinking a lot about going back to polish off Black Ops 3 finally, but will honestly go with whatever sounds the most fun to me. So best of luck to all of you, and thanks for reading!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I'm back! Life has been a bit crazy, I finished my doctoral studies, took the boards, and am waiting for the results which should come later this week, which is just so fun. In between some studying for a law-based exam, I'm back to being able to play games, but will likely be moving across the United States within a couple weeks, so that'll cut into my ability to play anything. 

Trophy-wise, there has been a lot that's been completed since my last update. As of the time of writing, I'm at 199 platinums, an 85% completion rate, 268 100% games, and 475 Ultra Rare trophies. Of note, I've done the following which have helped to increase my completion as well as some harder games:

• Finished the multiplayer for NHL 22
  • Finished the Blackout associated trophies of Black Ops 4
  • Finished the PS3 version of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    • Yes, all 6 playthroughs, every card, and level 99 with both characters. 
  • Platinumed Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory 
    • Just such a great soundtrack. I have the lofi versions saved to my Spotify for when I have longer study sessions.
  • Platinumed the Golf Club 2
    • Now the whole Golf Club series is complete!
  • Played some Vita titles
    • and loved it. MLB 14 the Show, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Mouscraft, Burly Men at Sea, and more to be played
  • Set the fastest time for Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
  • Helped to get MiniGolf Adventure (PS5) a patch so the 100% could be obtained
  • Went back and finished Team Sonic Racing in a few days, and finally knocked it off the backlog. 

Please feel free to ask questions, give feedback on the current state of this trophy checklist, and reach out if you want to play coop or talk gaming!

Edited by TristanBrown17
Computer shut down.
  • Like 1