Tales of Xillia - Voice Recording complete

Piggie_Pie

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/05/tales-of-voice-recording-a-tales-of-xillia-update/

There aren't that many people who are raving Tales fans like myself but this is awesome news... AND, from what i have been reading over the months, this is the Tales title to get even if you are new to the franchise... it is somewhat of a flagship for the franchise (again... all hear-say... but being a Tales fan i will be getting it regardless).

2013 is looking like a great year for me

(Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately the costs for leaving the Japanese voice acting in is practically the same as redoing the voices in English.  While you will save some money in using your programming team to set the game up for English voiceovers, you will still need them to change the text and make sure there are no errors in the message system having changed all of the text in the game.  On top of that while you don't need to hire a cast of English voice actors, they still require you to repurchase the licenses and pay royalties to the original Japanese cast.  This can get incredibly expensive when this game already has such high quality talents such as Tomokazu Sugita and Miyuki Sawashiro.