Tuning Thread

Muff

Figured maybe having a thread for tuning might help, for people who want tips on how to tune a car, a bit of help understanding what to tune if they want to fix certain issues, and even what the stuff means when dumbed down for someone who doesnt understand a bit of what the game talks about.

So then, let me start....im trying to tune my LFA to get rid of the understeer. I managed to improve it, but on Autumn Ring it still gets loose and goes wide a lot....suggestions?

Figured maybe having a thread for tuning might help, for people who want tips on how to tune a car, a bit of help understanding what to tune if they want to fix certain issues, and even what the stuff means when dumbed down for someone who doesnt understand a bit of what the game talks about.

So then, let me start....im trying to tune my LFA to get rid of the understeer. I managed to improve it, but on Autumn Ring it still gets loose and goes wide a lot....suggestions?

Does LFA stand for Loose F@*$in Automobile?

any1 know how to get rid of excessive front tyre wear (when breaking) on a fully tuned audi rs6, seems to wear out after 2 laps of nurburgring.

have you tried to turn the differential down abit as my enzo did the same but after hours of messing around with it got it nearly sorted lol

any1 know how to get rid of excessive front tyre wear (when breaking) on a fully tuned audi rs6, seems to wear out after 2 laps of nurburgring.

brake balance controller possibly or if its 4wd there is something you can buy that adjusts the power to the front or rear wheels to suit you driving style, i would think this helps with tyre wear but not certain. plus wheel cambers may need adjusting on suspension settings.

also when your in settings read the info about what each setting does and effects of the cars characteristics (this will help greatly if you already havent bothered reading it up!)

brake balance controller possibly or if its 4wd there is something you can buy that adjusts the power to the front or rear wheels to suit you driving style, i would think this helps with tyre wear but not certain. plus wheel cambers may need adjusting on suspension settings.

also when your in settings read the info about what each setting does and effects of the cars characteristics (this will help greatly if you already havent bothered reading it up!)

Yea i believe the audis are mostly 4WD, least the R8 quattro is. I forget the part name, but its with the adjustable LSD...other than that, if you havent alreay, buy...i think hard racing tires have the best endurance, idk ive only gone round nurburgring once at a time to tune a car or test it, so i use soft racing tires

• Like 1

Ooo. Good idea for a thread here.

Think I'll share my tune for a Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97 [The car I used to gold the recent 415PP Civic Seasonal]

First things first, buy the car, then take it to GT AUTO and perform the Racing Modifications to it.

[table][tr][th]Aerodynamics[/th]

[td]Front - 15[/td]

[td2]Rear - 20[/td2]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Ballast[/th]

[td]Amount - 0kg[/td]

[td2]Position - (-)10[/td2]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]Power Limiter[/th]

[td]Power Level - 78.6%[/td]

[td2][PP: 415][HP: 155][/td2]

[/tr]

[/table]

[table]

[tr]

[th=100]

Transmission

[/th]

[/tr]

[tr]

[th]1st Gear[/th]

[th]2nd Gear[/th]

[th]3rd Gear[/th]

[th]4th Gear[/th]

[th]5th Gear[/th]

[th]6th Gear[/th]

[th]Final Gear[/th]

[th]Top Speed[/th]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3.108[/td]

[td2]2.037[/td2]

[td]1.327[/td]

[td2]0.898[/td2]

[td]0.641[/td]

[td2]0.446[/td2]

[td]4.400[/td]

[td2]427 km/h[/td2]

[/tr]

[/table]

Possible Top Speed: 527 km/h ( Won't actually reach it - in fact, you'll barely come out of Gear 3 usually. )

That's it. Clubman will pose a bit of a challenge, and may require a few retries [it would no matter what - it's a tricky event.], but everything else was fairly easy with this setup.