Slippery God Trophy

What Yuri said. People talking about rolling your fingers over the d-pad instead of lifting up and moving your finger tip every time. This does help some. Also, turn off all the music, and try to get a beat going in your head.

What made the biggest difference for me was my timing on the long "staircases" as I call them. There are four of them throughout the path, and if your timing is just a little off you'll eventually miss one of the turns. The thing that most helped on them was moving to a l/r, l/r, l/r pattern on those turns instead of trying to time it, l, r, l, r, l, r. It's hard to explain correctly, but I would basically do two moves immediately, take a (very) small pause, then repeat. Any time I tried to perfect time each turn I'd eventually fail. Again, sorry it'd hard to explain a I hope you get it.

Not sure which console you are on but I found the PS3 d-pad a lot worse to deal with than the PS4 (platted both versions)

The best advice I can offer is to grip the controller as tight in your hand as possible. The 'staircase' parts were by far the worst part of the whole thing and having a tight grip made it a lot easier to get into a flow of alternating up-left / down-right etc without falling off. Also turning the sound down helped especially on the way back as the victory jingle got stuck playing on loop over the actual music...

It's definitely a practice + perseverance thing either way. For reference it took me about 6hrs straight to get there and back on PS3 and only about 30mins on PS4 yet I played the two versions a year apart. I'm pretty sure I got back on PS4 1st try in fact. (time-stamps say 9mins between the two trophies!)

20 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

. I'm pretty sure I got back on PS4 1st try in fact. (time-stamps say 9mins between the two trophies!)

Coming back is so much easier for some reason. I reached the middle, took a short breather, and headed back. I was 90% of the way back in my first attempt and my phone rang halfway through the final staircase and I failed. :( Took me like 20 min after that. 

Edited by Hemiak

43 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Coming back is so much easier for some reason. I reached the middle, took a shirt breather, and headed back. I was 90% of the way back in my fiest attempt and my phone rang halfway through the final staircase and I failed. :( Took me like 20 min after that. 

Damn! I made sure no-one was around when I tried it both times, and my phone never goes off anyway :P

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...