PIKACHU! The Platinum Trophy Name Game

DetectiveCJ

(I was directed here when I suggested this in the Event forum as it doesn't really qualify for a full-blown event. If this thread doesn't belong in this sub-forum because it's based on platinuming games, please let me know and I'll ask the mods to move it to the appropriate forum)

I got this idea after getting frustrated at the thought of having to platinum games, so I decided to make a game of it and also use this game as a sort of motivation to try out games that I'd rather drink mouthwash than play as they aren't my definition of fun. I'll put down my list and if anyone wants to join in, they are free to post.

Basically, the rules are as follows:

• Pika... I mean, pick a word or name that has ten letters or less. It would help if each letter in the word was unique so you could get more of a variety of games.
  • Create a list of games with titles that start with the letter in each letter of the word. These games must have platinum trophies. (If you want to do games with Q or X or some letter that has few games with platinums, you can change it to games without platinums, but the platinum requirement really forces you to go out there and try new games. ;) )
  • You are free to play the games in any order, but you must pop the platinums in the order of the letters in the word.
  • You cannot start playing (or work on) games lower on the list until you've gotten around 60% of the trophies in the games above it. So for example, in my first list below, I have to get 60-75% of the Putty Squad trophies before I can start playing inFAMOUS: Second Son.
  • You complete the challenge when you platinum all the games in the list.

Here's my example, using the name of Pokemon's official mascot, Pikachu! (This is my definitive list.)

1. Putty Squad (PS4)
  2. inFamous Second Son (PS4)
  3. Knack (PS4)
  4. Adventures in Mana (Vita)
  5. Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux (PS4)
  6. Hitman GO: Definitive Editions (Vita)
  7. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)

And here is the second of the lists I have created, once the PIKACHU list is done. It's based on another famous Pokemon, the fighting-type Lucario!

1. Lara Croft GO (PS4)
  2. Uncharted: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)
  3. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (PS4)
  4. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed (PS4)
  5. Rayman Origins (Vita)
  6. inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
  7. Oceanhorn: Monster of the Sea (PS4)

If you want to contribute your lists and progress do so. I will be putting my progress here in this thread. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Wowsers you certainly went all out on the rules didn't ya? xD I was just expecting "create a word using the starting letters of the games you've platinum'd". I'll not join in myself because I don't want to restrict my next platinums but good luck with this. :) 

On 12/9/2016 at 11:57 AM, Thropy_Hore said:

Helldivers
Arkham Asylum
Killzone HD
OlliOlli 2
Of Orcs and Men
Mirror's Edge

While that's a bit hilarious, I would not count Arkham Asylum as an "A" because it's called "Batman: Arkham Asylum", so I'll called it a "B" game.

My First Progress Update: Started with Putty Squad because I heard that it's supposed to be an easy platinum. Well, I am stymied on the last level in world 3 because I keep falling into pits and I only have two lives before I have to start over. :( But I did a few challenges and got the first page of the sticker book filled.

• Putty Squad: 17% (9 trophies of 30)
  • inFAMOUS Second Son: 0% (will start once Putty Squad have over 65% of it trophies earned)
  • Knack: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Adventures of Mana: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Casts of the Seven Godsends: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Hitman GO: Definitive Editions: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered: 9% (ON HOLD)

My Second Progress Update: Putty Squad is an easy plat to get but the game won't give it up without blood, sweat and tears - the level "Night Flight" and "The 27th Dimension" are annoying levels similar to those rocket levels in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze where you have to navigate your rocket through tight spots.I died on the bombs in "Night Flight" a ton of times trying to get under 40 seconds for the Dark Floater trophy. But I eventually got over the hump. At this time I have decided to reduce my entry requirements for new games to 50% of the trophies - just getting half of the trophies at one point and half at the other is good enough for my tolerance level right now. Besides, I have collected all of the level stickers, I just need to complete all the challenges to fill up the sticker book 100%.

• Putty Squad: 51% (22 trophies of 30)
  • inFAMOUS Second Son: 0% (will start tomorrow - will skip the cutscenes [or mute them] and play mute while listening to live streams; using the guide by the amazing macy113)
  • Knack: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Adventures of Mana: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Casts of the Seven Godsends: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Hitman GO: Definitive Editions: 0% (ON HOLD)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered: 9% (ON HOLD)
Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 3 weeks later...

My Third Progress Update: Soooo... I lied about the whole 'doing it in order' theme. I just wanted to get some platinums in before 2017 started. I did update Putty Squad, but I also blitzed through three games on the list.

• Putty Squad: 62% (24 trophies of 30)
  • inFAMOUS Second Son: 100% (PLATINUM)
  • Knack: 7% (5 trophies out of 42)
  • Adventures of Mana: 100% (PLATINUM)
  • Casts of the Seven Godsends: 15% (4 trophies out of 23)
  • Hitman GO: Definitive Editions: 100% (PLATINUM)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered: 9% (STILL ON HOLD)
Edited by DetectiveCJ