Game/Trophy Discussion

Vergil

• 1 year later...
On 19/12/2016 at 4:36 AM, DPatriot said:

Anyone played this? Think this is the game, strange name lol. 

Seems SNK porting all their titles to ps4.

I had a go at this recently, beforehand I did the Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 100% which had some really annoying AI but the two games on Fuun Super Combo really take the cake. It's just such a bastard. 

For anyone wondering about the 'not over yet' trophy, there are a few combinations of characters that will square off at the end (rosa & gordon, hayate & eagle, King Lion & one of the Ninjas IIRC) if you play on at least difficulty 3 & get to the end without continues. There's only one chance at the bonus match, you can't cheese it by pressing start on controller 2 either. I got up to the bonus match, got distracted & lost. Been meaning to go back & try again but that was so fucking demoralising. I have an irrational & nostalgic love for neo geo though so hopefully I'll get back to this one day. 

I wonder what the conditions are for the Continuity Error trophy? 1CC & lvl 3 minimum as well?

It's great to see these games getting a re release in any case. Would be nice if the World Heroes Anthology & Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princess made an appearance as well but I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

I had a go at this recently, beforehand I did the Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 100% which had some really annoying AI but the two games on Fuun Super Combo really take the cake. It's just such a bastard. 

For anyone wondering about the 'not over yet' trophy, there are a few combinations of characters that will square off at the end (rosa & gordon, hayate & eagle, King Lion & one of the Ninjas IIRC) if you play on at least difficulty 3 & get to the end without continues. There's only one chance at the bonus match, you can't cheese it by pressing start on controller 2 either. I got up to the bonus match, got distracted & lost. Been meaning to go back & try again but that was so fucking demoralising. I have an irrational & nostalgic love for neo geo though so hopefully I'll get back to this one day. 

I wonder what the conditions are for the Continuity Error trophy? 1CC & lvl 3 minimum as well?

It's great to see these games getting a re release in any case. Would be nice if the World Heroes Anthology & Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princess made an appearance as well but I'll take what I can get.

I did both on level 1 very easy. So no need there. Yes however the A.I. is complete bastard on these games! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

I did both on level 1 very easy. So no need there. Yes however the A.I. is complete bastard on these games! 

Seriously? I swear I tried this & I could only trigger the bonus match on lvl 3. TBH I was probably drinking quite a lot to take the edge off. I'm going to have to go back and try it out again, thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

Seriously? I swear I tried this & I could only trigger the bonus match on lvl 3. TBH I was probably drinking quite a lot to take the edge off. I'm going to have to go back and try it out again, thanks for the info!

Yes quite positive. Need no continues though. I did it with King Lion and Gonzu. Here is a vid from my buddy @urockdan2k

Also here is some info for the 2 bonus stages on Savage Rein

1st Bonus Stage

There are 10 in total bells. First sway to the top bell (1) then down bell (2) immediately sway to the top right bells (3 and 4) as soon as you see the 5th bell, which is bottom wait till  the 6th bell drop. Immediately sway to that bell then destroy the 5th. 7th and 8th bell both bottom left, 9th and 10th bell top left.

2nd Bonus stage. This has also Cat statues.

As soon as the stage begins, wait till the bell drop behind you. Then sway top right Cat statue, sway down to Cat statue, sway top to bell, next go to bell on your left

then sway down to another bell, sway back up to Cat statue then wait for the bell to drop right next to you, destroy it then sway down to bell then immediately sway 

to the top left corner for the Cat statue

Again courtesy from @urockdan2k

• 2 years later...

For the Savage Reign bonus stages, I recently discovered that if you go to the next fight after the bonus stage, and then press Start on a player 2 controller, and then beat the second player, you are then returned back to the bonus stage. So I believe you can use this as a second chance in case you failed to break all the targets during the bonus stage. But I can't confirm this, since I already got the Trophy before I realized that this exists.

Also, for the Savage Reign "Win a match with a desperation move" Trophy, it really does mean a MATCH, and not a round. Winning your first round with a super move will not count for the Trophy. It has to be used to win your game-winning second round for it to pop.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:23 AM, Xerox191919 said:

For the Savage Reign bonus stages, I recently discovered that if you go to the next fight after the bonus stage, and then press Start on a player 2 controller, and then beat the second player, you are then returned back to the bonus stage. So I believe you can use this as a second chance in case you failed to break all the targets during the bonus stage. But I can't confirm this, since I already got the Trophy before I realized that this exists.

Also, for the Savage Reign "Win a match with a desperation move" Trophy, it really does mean a MATCH, and not a round. Winning your first round with a super move will not count for the Trophy. It has to be used to win your game-winning second round for it to pop.

I can confirm for the bonus stage that this trick works, thanks for the tip! 

To detail the process, if you fail to break all items in Bonus Stage, in the next fight you press Start on the 2nd controller after the match starts. 

If you fail the bonus minigame again, you must wait for the "rematch counter" on the 2nd controller to run out (it's in the bottom right) then retry. 

Unfortunately after trying again, the 2nd controller method voids the Bonus achievement. Everything must be done in one go, trophy actually pops at the end of the second successful Bonus stage.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1