Which version is better?

So I just bought this game on vita but after finding out there was a ps4 version i'm don't know whether to trade it back or not for the other one...

I'm asking because well for starters the graphics are pretty amazing on ps4 (from what i saw on a video) however i'm still an avid supporter of the vita and love choosing them for portability.

I'm just wondering if each versions have certain problems that don't exist on the other.

I'm also wondering how active the online community is? I really want to play online and i'm guessing there is no cross play so is there a version with no one playing while the other has active players?

Unfortunately PS4 one.

Okay guys, I'm not sure how many of you started the game on Vita or even started the game in itself but...

It's very tough for me to say it but... get PS4 version.

Seriously. I never thought I would be saying something like this, but after playing the first area of the game, I'm unfortunately convinced of it.

It's plain to see that the game is designed for PS4. It's so big that Vita's screen is insufficient. But first and foremost, the optimization is crap.

It's fairly possible to survive FPS drops in the main city since you don't need to be there that often. Field is pretty doable but... area bosses are hell. Serious hell. This was the last thing that convinced me to say the statement above. The game becomes literally unplayable. The FPS drops to maybe 5 (yea, seriously) and more than anything, you are randomly casting and hoping for hit and that you will not be hit because dodging is absolutely out of question.

So... OSS/SSCing area bosses will be most likely impossible on Vita :/

For those of you who already purchased the Vita version... I would still say trade it for PS4 version :/ There IS supposedly patch coming but... there are two buts. First is, it's not fix in itself, it just removes additional NPCs by giving you a chance to choose how many additional parties you want to bring. So... subsequently, making the boss fights harder as you can't use NPCs as shields. And the second, MORE critical one. And one that is probably going to fix this Plat on UR, difficulty spike. That patch is going to 'raise difficulty' by cutting player damage to 1/3. Fun, right?

This also greatly affects PS4 players because they will be unable to not download this patch provided they start playing late. So, once the patch rolls, it will actually be easier to Plat it on Vita (provided you do not download the last patch, only some previous one) despite enormous technical issues.

Well... I gotta say I'm quite disappointed at how bad the Vita version is :( I'm debating whether I should buy PS4 version or get through the Vita version to see if it's actually possible to Plat the game on Vita. I'm more inclined to the latter since that brings more valuable info as there will surely be people asking if it's worth buying the game on Vita because they don't have PS4 yet.

And I'm ignoring the localization which is... BAD. Seriously BAD. They are trying way too hard to create their own story instead of actually translating what is being said o.O

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 8:04 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because it's normal to play JRPGs on the go?

there's a few that work really well on the PSTV. It's great.  with PS Plus I will just upload my progress between devices. so I can still play on a TV with a DS 4 controller. 

And some games (Such as Freedom wars, and Killzone Merc) are insurmountably easier with a DS4 controller.