PS3 > PS4 save transfer - trophies?

GarryKE

Hi all

I'm reluctant to import my old PS3 save file just yet because I am hoping to plat the game again. But I do have all of the tiered equipment schematics and stuff that I will want on my PS3 save. Does the transfer also pop the trophies?

And just in case somebody jumps on me for trying to cheat, please don't. DA:I has been my favourite game I've ever bought, the first one I bought for my PS4 and I've been excited to plat it a second time. So I'm definitely not cheating!

Thanks

Edited by GarryKE

Whether you feel you're cheating or not, using tricks like this to get platinums kind of invalidates the reward of the platinum. If you are using tricks to get a bunch of free trophies then it's kind of a sign that you don't care about your achievements meaning anything, but you just want high trophy numbers. You should focus more on earning trophies rather than ways to cheat the system to get a bunch of free ones.

3 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Whether you feel you're cheating or not, using tricks like this to get platinums kind of invalidates the reward of the platinum. If you are using tricks to get a bunch of free trophies then it's kind of a sign that you don't care about your achievements meaning anything, but you just want high trophy numbers. You should focus more on earning trophies rather than ways to cheat the system to get a bunch of free ones.

It's no different than auto popping sound shapes, it's designed to do it that way, there's nothing cheating about it.

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's no different than auto popping sound shapes, it's designed to do it that way, there's nothing cheating about it.

It's still kind of cheesy to get basically a ton of free trophies that way. Kind of invalidates your trophy level and achievements when you cheese them like that. I mean the whole idea of trophies is to reward you for accomplishing something. Not really an accomplishment to pad your trophy level by doing cheap stuff like that to get a trophy. However that's just my opinion on it.

9 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

It's still kind of cheesy to get basically a ton of free trophies that way. Kind of invalidates your trophy level and achievements when you cheese them like that. I mean the whole idea of trophies is to reward you for accomplishing something. Not really an accomplishment to pad your trophy level by doing cheap stuff like that to get a trophy. However that's just my opinion on it.

My opinion/idea of trophies is to help me do things I never would possibly maybe consider to do or find. Its like helping me reach end-game. Besides, some trophy collectors feel or have a different idea of accomplishment, like quantity over quality. How they reach that goal doesn't matter. 

4 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

My opinion/idea of trophies is to help me do things I never would possibly maybe consider to do or find. Its like helping me reach end-game. Besides, some trophy collectors feel or have a different idea of accomplishment, like quantity over quality. How they reach that goal doesn't matter. 

I do like well made trophies that direct me to do a certain thing or investigate a certain area of a game, place I probably would have missed even from exploring, or certain mobs, side quest I should do. 

8 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I do like well made trophies that direct me to do a certain thing or investigate a certain area of a game, place I probably would have missed even from exploring, or certain mobs, side quest I should do. 

8 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Exactly so cheesing your way through trophies kind of invalidates that.

11 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Exactly so cheesing your way through trophies kind of invalidates that.

Invalidate what? Your definition of trophy collecting, hunting? People will do whatever it takes to level up. Whether itll be trophies or a character level. How many actual "cheese"a their way to more AP with the level 1 mobs and the shield in FFXV. Ok maybe that's not relevant. Haha. I personally dont care too much about trophies. If i did, it would probably annoy me that people "cheese" to try to stay ahead on leaderboards. But still, only if they talk big about their trophy list. Most don't brag though.

8 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Invalidate what? Your definition of trophy collecting, hunting? People will do whatever it takes to level up. Whether itll be trophies or a character level. How many actual "cheese"a their way to more AP with the level 1 mobs and the shield in FFXV. Ok maybe that's not relevant. Haha. I personally dont care too much about trophies. If i did, it would probably annoy me that people "cheese" to try to stay ahead on leaderboards. But still, only if they talk big about their trophy list. Most don't brag though.

It kind of defeats the purpose of "achievements" as they are called on the Xbox if you're not really "achieving" anything, but instead just cheesing your way to a higher level, it's not exactly great to the people who DO treat them as achievements and aim to earn their stuff. It's not exactly fair to those of us who earn every platinum we have the fair way. There's a difference between developing a strategy in a game with a mechanic that was intended to make a challenge easier to accomplish and taking advantage of a design flaw to get trophies in a way that the developers may not have intended.

It makes it unfair to those of us who work hard to get our platinum trophies who care about the leaderboards (which is kind of the point of LEADERboards). It gets people higher on the boards than us for more or less playing dirty when we are trying to play fair. And then when we complain about it, we're just told to stop caring when we are using the leaderboard like it was intended and told that we're upset for no reason because other people are not and that our competitiveness is unwarranted when the very idea of having a leaderboard at all is for those who enjoy competition. We're shamed for wanting others to play fair like the rest of us and that to us personally we feel our accomplishments are invalidated when someone else cheats to get them and gets the same recognition and possibly even more on the leaderboard. It's frustrating. It also kind of ruins the enjoyment of the community aspect of trophy hunting. When you have a hard trophy you're trying to get and you ask for advice and people just come together to give you some tips to help you with a hard part of a game. But instead we get people asking how they can cheat/manipulate/bypass the achievement all together. It really takes the spirit out of the game.

It may not bother you, but it bothers others, and it's not exactly fair to act like our dislike of it is not valid or legitimate. It's also really sucky when not only do people do it, but when you complain, others try to justify it somehow.

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's hard to call it cheesing when it's a feature the developers added for the very reason of auto-popping

It kind of comes off as padding your trophy count without actually doing the work. More or less you're getting rewarded more trophies just for buying the game again and that is kind of cheesy.

6 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

It kind of defeats the purpose of "achievements" as they are called on the Xbox if you're not really "achieving" anything, but instead just cheesing your way to a higher level, it's not exactly great to the people who DO treat them as achievements and aim to earn their stuff. It's not exactly fair to those of us who earn every platinum we have the fair way. There's a difference between developing a strategy in a game with a mechanic that was intended to make a challenge easier to accomplish and taking advantage of a design flaw to get trophies in a way that the developers may not have intended.

It makes it unfair to those of us who work hard to get our platinum trophies who care about the leaderboards (which is kind of the point of LEADERboards). It gets people higher on the boards than us for more or less playing dirty when we are trying to play fair. And then when we complain about it, we're just told to stop caring when we are using the leaderboard like it was intended and told that we're upset for no reason because other people are not and that our competitiveness is unwarranted when the very idea of having a leaderboard at all is for those who enjoy competition. We're shamed for wanting others to play fair like the rest of us and that to us personally we feel our accomplishments are invalidated when someone else cheats to get them and gets the same recognition and possibly even more on the leaderboard. It's frustrating. It also kind of ruins the enjoyment of the community aspect of trophy hunting. When you have a hard trophy you're trying to get and you ask for advice and people just come together to give you some tips to help you with a hard part of a game. But instead we get people asking how they can cheat/manipulate/bypass the achievement all together. It really takes the spirit out of the game.

It may not bother you, but it bothers others, and it's not exactly fair to act like our dislike of it is not valid or legitimate. It's also really sucky when not only do people do it, but when you complain, others try to justify it somehow.

It kind of comes off as padding your trophy count without actually doing the work. More or less you're getting rewarded more trophies just for buying the game again and that is kind of cheesy.

You already did the work once before, besides you should spend less time worrying about what other people do, and more time asking yourself why it bothers you so much when it doesn't matter. This thread is going way off-topic too, if you want to discuss developer featured auto-popping trophies, make a separate thread about it.

• Like 1

You already did the work once before, besides you should spend less time worrying about what other people do, and more time asking yourself why it bothers you so much when it doesn't matter. This thread is going way off-topic too, if you want to discuss developer featured auto-popping trophies, make a separate thread about it.

It's relevant to the topic.

Also I do not believe auto-popping is always intended to help people pad their trophy count.

See this is the problem I have with this stuff: You get mad at people more or less cheesing the leaderboards and people get annoyed with YOU for using the system the way it was intended and just tell you to not let it bother you. It bothers me so much because it makes those of us who WORK for our trophy levels the fair and legit way feel like others who cheese the system get the recognition that we deserve. How is it fair that I get to be level 15 or so for earning every trophy I have and not padding my score at all and trying to earn every trophy the legit way but someone else who will be like level 20 will have a ton of trophies they auto-popped by just importing a save or using some kind of tricks to get more trophies without actually playing the game. You may have done the work, but you did the work for ONE set of trophies, why do you deserve a second set without doing the work again?

It's not simply a matter of "don't let it bother you", that is literally a mentality that is adopted to excuse people for gaming the system and being an apologist for it. I have every reason to be annoyed that others are padding their trophy count and level. Just because you're not into friendly competition doesn't mean others are wrong for being so.

I'm sorry but if you are willing to use cheap tricks to pad your trophy count then your level/trophies mean nothing. You don't earn them all, so your level/trophy count is not an accurate representation of what you have actually accomplished in games.

I'm not wrong for being annoyed by it.

2 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

It's relevant to the topic.

Also I do not believe auto-popping is always intended to help people pad their trophy count.

See this is the problem I have with this stuff: You get mad at people more or less cheesing the leaderboards and people get annoyed with YOU for using the system the way it was intended and just tell you to not let it bother you. It bothers me so much because it makes those of us who WORK for our trophy levels the fair and legit way feel like others who cheese the system get the recognition that we deserve. How is it fair that I get to be level 15 or so for earning every trophy I have and not padding my score at all and trying to earn every trophy the legit way but someone else who will be like level 20 will have a ton of trophies they auto-popped by just importing a save or using some kind of tricks to get more trophies without actually playing the game. You may have done the work, but you did the work for ONE set of trophies, why do you deserve a second set without doing the work again?

It's not simply a matter of "don't let it bother you", that is literally a mentality that is adopted to excuse people for gaming the system and being an apologist for it. I have every reason to be annoyed that others are padding their trophy count and level. Just because you're not into friendly competition doesn't mean others are wrong for being so.

I'm sorry but if you are willing to use cheap tricks to pad your trophy count then your level/trophies mean nothing. You don't earn them all, so your level/trophy count is not an accurate representation of what you have actually accomplished in games.

I'm not wrong for being annoyed by it.

This no longer has anything to do with the topic of dragon age save transfer, it's just become an outlet of your complaints at a system that is used by nearly every serious trophy hunter. Don't like it? Complain to the developers. Requesting a mod to close this thread before it gets even more out of hand

This no longer has anything to do with the topic of dragon age save transfer, it's just become an outlet of your complaints at a system that is used by nearly every serious trophy hunter. Don't like it? Complain to the developers. Requesting a mod to close this thread before it gets even more out of hand

It has everything to do with the thread. He is asking about auto-popping, I am telling him he shouldn't do it any why. Totally relevant.

It sounds more like to me that you are trying to close down any complaints towards this practice because you are an apologist towards it and can't think of a legitimate reason for why it's "wrong" for someone to be upset over others abusing the system other than "go complain about it to someone else" instead of complaining to people who are doing it/encouraging it/saying to allow it to be done. Why complain to devs to bar people from doing it (when a majority of them already do) when you could just tell the people actually doing it to stop doing it and stop making excuses to do it.

But whatever, that's my opinion. We shall agree to disagree and leave it at that, right?

1 minute ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

It has everything to do with the thread. He is asking about auto-popping, I am telling him he shouldn't do it any why. Totally relevant.

It sounds more like to me that you are trying to close down any complaints towards this practice because you are an apologist towards it and can't think of a legitimate reason for why it's "wrong" for someone to be upset over others abusing the system other than "go complain about it to someone else" instead of complaining to people who are doing it/encouraging it/saying to allow it to be done. Why complain to devs to bar people from doing it (when a majority of them already do) when you could just tell the people actually doing it to stop doing it and stop making excuses to do it.

But whatever, that's my opinion. We shall agree to disagree and leave it at that, right?

I'm not a trophy hunter, nor do I care about people that auto-pop from games, you're trying to derail a topic of someone asking if the trophies auto-pop or not from save transfers, not IF they should do it.

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

I'm not a trophy hunter, nor do I care about people that auto-pop from games, you're trying to derail a topic of someone asking if the trophies auto-pop or not from save transfers, not IF they should do it.

I just said we shall agree to disagree.

I'm leaving it at that as I said.

I'm actually trying to avoid it. If I wasn't I'd have gotten the plat already - if it worked.

On 25/12/2016 at 1:00 AM, GarryKE said:

And just in case somebody jumps on me for trying to cheat, please don't. DA:I has been my favourite game I've ever bought, the first one I bought for my PS4 and I've been excited to plat it a second time. So I'm definitely not cheating!

Please don't ruin the thread.