Jackdaw Question

In regards to the ship, the upgrades that I apply to it, will they help out in replaying previous memories? As in, will they be applied then, or not? As one I know I do have to do is a side thing for taking down a hunter ship and plunging 30 sugar I think it was.  And an upgraded ship would be nice.

There was another to kill 3 people with the swivel gun... which I figured out too late.  But at least when I redo that other mission, I know how to do it this time around.

Yep, if you upgrade the Jackdaw, the upgrades should apply when you replay past memories. I remember there being an optional objective in a memory that required you to have Heavy Shot, an upgrade I didn't have at the time. When I re-played the memory after buying Heavy Shot, it was there. :) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

In regards to the ship, the upgrades that I apply to it, will they help out in replaying previous memories? As in, will they be applied then, or not? As one I know I do have to do is a side thing for taking down a hunter ship and plunging 30 sugar I think it was.  And an upgraded ship would be nice.

There was another to kill 3 people with the swivel gun... which I figured out too late.  But at least when I redo that other mission, I know how to do it this time around.

Yep, they will. It is easier to get full sync if the get all the upgrades and then replay the missions but I was able to do them without coming back. A lot of the optional missions are sneaky and don't even tell you when they become active so I would check the objectives every few minutes. 

Just now, skateak said:

Yep, they will. It is easier to get full sync if the get all the upgrades and then replay the missions but I was able to do them without coming back. A lot of the optional missions are sneaky and don't even tell you when they become active so I would check the objectives every few minutes. 

Yeah, I've done that often, but it's good to know that the upgrades carry through to replaying them.  As a few I left alone for now, come back for them later on, especially these option ship missions so far, as taking down these ships can be tough as is.

Yeah, I have been upgrading it as best as I can so far (stopping only at elite plans which I don't have).  But also, I'll ask this here too, since it's to do with upgrades.  Harpooning animals, is upgrading the rowboat useful for that? As I did take on a shark once, which was simple enough (I had an upgraded harpoon at the very least).  But what does the rowboat itself actually do?

37 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I have been upgrading it as best as I can so far (stopping only at elite plans which I don't have).  But also, I'll ask this here too, since it's to do with upgrades.  Harpooning animals, is upgrading the rowboat useful for that? As I did take on a shark once, which was simple enough (I had an upgraded harpoon at the very least).  But what does the rowboat itself actually do?

You use the rowboat to hunt whales and sharks. Upgrade the boats to take more damage. It does come in handy when you don't know patterns. The white whale can wreck a basic rowboat easily if your timing is off. Think you have to for the plat anyway.