Donut Drift Still Works !! (2017)

9 hours ago, gs1728 said:

The drift method still works! 

*SNIP*

YES!  Just got Platinum. Still works as of 29th November, just takes a while to get it going properly.
400k, I want in circles around the lamp.

Thankyou :D

Edited by OpenScars

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, wernothere said:

has anyone got any tips of what the stats you use for the 1 million drift race? im finding it hard hitting over 300k at the moment

Fully upgrade the car and then you have the options to downgrade using L2 and R2 (or is it L1/L2) , make sure you down grade everything. Sometimes having more speed also helps so just tweak it until you have the required score. 

Don't worry about losing your upgrades you can always add them back the same way. 

3 minutes ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Fully upgrade the car and then you have the options to downgrade using L2 and R2 (or is it L1/L2) , make sure you down grade everything. Sometimes having more speed also helps so just tweak it until you have the required score. 

Don't worry about losing your upgrades you can always add them back the same way. 

ah yeah i've done all of that but sadly im unsure how to keep up the score streak as long as the people in the videos, like i seem to just drift/slide into the walls even when im using R2 

4 minutes ago, wernothere said:

ah yeah i've done all of that but sadly im unsure how to keep up the score streak as long as the people in the videos, like i seem to just drift/slide into the walls even when im using R2 

Feather the break so you enter the slide at an angle you can control rather than by simply turning. 

Let go of accelerator, tap/feather the break and turn then instantly power on. Should give you more control over the angle of the car?

On 1/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, MickeyMixLipa said:

Feather the break so you enter the slide at an angle you can control rather than by simply turning. 

Let go of accelerator, tap/feather the break and turn then instantly power on. Should give you more control over the angle of the car1f60a.png

I finally got the platinum so thank you for the tips :) i forgot to post a few days ago but im happy it's all done now

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 08/01/2017 at 0:07 AM, PerryToxteth said:

In regards to the other DLC drift challenges, I can't seem to find anywhere on the Yellowsnow Piste track where it is wide enough to get a donut going. 

On 09/02/2017 at 6:18 PM, FalseSine280 said:

Any tips for 350000 super car event from Tropical Ice? Seems impossible to me after 4 hours of trying.

This is probably the easiest method for this track.. ?

I downgraded everything but kept speed at max. Occasionally you lose the points when you drop down, but more often than not you're fine..

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
48 minutes ago, matrelli01 said:

Sorry mate i'm reading on other site that drifting exploit (donuts) patchet as of updtate 1.03...... Is it true?????? i'm struggling with drifting special events :-(

It was made harder to exploit, but is still exploitable.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 10:56 AM, matrelli01 said:

Sorry mate i'm reading on other site that drifting exploit (donuts) patchet as of updtate 1.03...... Is it true?????? i'm struggling with drifting special events :-(

I know it was a lot harder than what the earlier videos made it look, but the date I did it, I still managed... still a pain though.

• 1 month later...
On 8-10-2022 at 9:23 PM, kingduckman said:

As of 10/08/22 the trick still works, for the two special events at least. I didn’t try on any others as I did them legit.

How? I tried several spots and car setups but the 1.000.000 event keeps stopping the drift meter at 7 or 8.000 points while donutting. I've got ~ 750.000 max trying legit for an hour. 

Got it the way legit. Only tuned acceleration to 5, rest stock. Key is to get a good position before the long straight.

Edited by HansPatat050

On 10/9/2022 at 0:23 AM, HansPatat050 said:

How? I tried several spots and car setups but the 1.000.000 event keeps stopping the drift meter at 7 or 8.000 points while donutting. I've got ~ 750.000 max trying legit for an hour. 

Got it the way legit. Only tuned acceleration to 5, rest stock. Key is to get a good position before the long straight.

I did it in the exact same spots as the videos in the OP. I had all stats at max except handling, which I put as low as it would go. I think the trick is making sure you get as close to the edge of the track as possible without falling off. The 400,000 event took me multiple tries to get the correct position but the million challenge I got the sweet spot pretty easily.

Edited by kingduckman