Mobeda

Help with Soul Keeper Tarot Card

6 posts in this topic

I cannot seem to complete the Atrium in under 7 minutes.  I have tried dozens of times and watched several videos.  My best time is 7.25.  I have used these tarot cards, Mercy, Rage, Double Time Bonus, Dexterity.  I use the shotgun when using cards and use the painkiller when I'm not.  I just can't manage to do it.  There is really no margin for error on this.  Is there something I'm missing?

On 2/1/2017 at 11:14 PM, Mobeda said:

I cannot seem to complete the Atrium in under 7 minutes.  I have tried dozens of times and watched several videos.  My best time is 7.25.  I have used these tarot cards, Mercy, Rage, Double Time Bonus, Dexterity.  I use the shotgun when using cards and use the painkiller when I'm not.  I just can't manage to do it.  There is really no margin for error on this.  Is there something I'm missing?

Hi, I see that you still need this trophy.

If you are out of time or you spent too much of it in a section then restart the checkpoint (I don't remember if there is this option in the pause menu, if there isn't then let youself get killed, restarting from a checkpoint will reset the timer, so you don't need to do a perfect run in one shot).

Your times should be around (area cleared=where you fight the enemies):

First area cleared, total time 00:36

Second area cleared, total time 00:58

Third area cleared, total time 1:40

Fourth area cleared, total time 3:55

Fifth area cleared, total time 6:00

Last area cleared, total time 6:55

Use Painkiller almost all the time, limit the shotgun for the big groups, use the explosive barrels if there is an opportunity.

Double time bonus & Dexterity are the only card that can help you, the others won't, keep trying because there isn't much else to say, if you want you can memorize the spawn positions of some enemies, this is very helpful... you don't need to memorize them all, just those important, I remembered all the enemies positions from the first to the third area (where I could use the explosive barrels thanks to this knowledge), on the 4th I knew when there were some enemies in the floor (here if I remember coorectly I used to stay in the main area, & I used to go on the floor only if there weren't more enemies in the main area). In the 5th area I knew when the enemies were going to end (is when few of them will spawn only on the sides) so that I could prepare myself to advance as soon as possible (I used to stay on the left side close to the ladders, I found that position pretty good for the last enemies).

I have managed to do every checkpoint in the time alloted. Except for area 4. The one where they spawn upstairs. I am about 30 seconds over on that checkpoint. I've watched several videos and it seems that pc and Xbox have completely different spawn rates. They just lag on spawning. 

On 14/3/2017 at 1:17 AM, Mobeda said:

I have managed to do every checkpoint in the time alloted. Except for area 4. The one where they spawn upstairs. I am about 30 seconds over on that checkpoint. I've watched several videos and it seems that pc and Xbox have completely different spawn rates. They just lag on spawning. 

Hi again, sorry but without quoting me I didn't notice your reply.

I see that you are still missing that trophy. Now some months are passed so my memory isn't good anymore about the game, but area 4 is that open space with several barrels scattered around and a second floor right? there is a glitch here, as soon as you enter in the area you must go to the right to activate the flying barrels otherwise the enemies won't spawn or other issues may occur.

Maybe I'm just underestimating how painful this trophy can be for someone, but if you can clear all areas in the levels in time except for area 4, then you shouldn't give up. Remember that if you load the last checkpoint the timer will reset so you can keep trying the same area over and over again until you get a good time.

Maybe you want to try the trophy when you begin to play so that your ps3 is "rested", maybe this will avoid some lag or freeze. If i'm not wrong this game is a little buggied on itself, when you hit the enemies they may not get hit at all.

On 1/2/2017 at 5:14 PM, Mobeda said:

Watch this video and do exactly what he does. I was always 25 seconds behind in the fourth area, but after watching this got the trophy after a second attempt.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, VirtualNight said:

Hi again, sorry but without quoting me I didn't notice your reply.

I see that you are still missing that trophy. Now some months are passed so my memory isn't good anymore about the game, but area 4 is that open space with several barrels scattered around and a second floor right? there is a glitch here, as soon as you enter in the area you must go to the right to activate the flying barrels otherwise the enemies won't spawn or other issues may occur.

Maybe I'm just underestimating how painful this trophy can be for someone, but if you can clear all areas in the levels in time except for area 4, then you shouldn't give up. Remember that if you load the last checkpoint the timer will reset so you can keep trying the same area over and over again until you get a good time.

Maybe you want to try the trophy when you begin to play so that your ps3 is "rested", maybe this will avoid some lag or freeze. If i'm not wrong this game is a little buggied on itself, when you hit the enemies they may not get hit at all.

Hey man I just got the trophy and the plat. What a freaking adrenaline rush. Timed trophies are not my thing. I had to take a bit of a break from trying (almost a year) and i decided to try again today. I actually beat the level in 6:59. I still can't believe it. Thanks for all your tips and advice. 

On 7/7/2017 at 0:11 AM, dimonemt said:

Watch this video and do exactly what he does. I was always 25 seconds behind in the fourth area, but after watching this got the trophy after a second attempt.

Hey thanks for the suggested video. It was probably the best video to use since it was actually on the ps3 and the other videos were not.