99.99% grounded mode?

TONY-7581

Hello fellow trophy hunters and last of us vets i recently just beat grounded without playing through hard or survivor wow it  was a pain but i cant wait to go back and new game plus it. i came here for the bragging rights because i remembered that people had a hard time with this difficulty and i came to check the amount of people that actually had this trophy on here compared to the 1.61 that it said on the ps4 trophy list and lo and behold i see 99.99% what??? sooo i then checked survivor difficulty and it was significantly lower something like the the teens 13% maybe? do 99% really have it and how? i saw an explanation for this on another post but the person kinda confused me i think laying it out simply would be easier thank you

6 minutes ago, TONY-7581 said:

Hello fellow trophy hunters and last of us vets i recently just beat grounded without playing through hard or survivor wow it  was a pain but i cant wait to go back and new game plus it. i came here for the bragging rights because i remembered that people had a hard time with this difficulty and i came to check the amount of people that actually had this trophy on here compared to the 1.61 that it said on the ps4 trophy list and lo and behold i see 99.99% what??? sooo i then checked survivor difficulty and it was significantly lower something like the the teens 13% maybe? do 99% really have it and how? i saw an explanation for this on another post but the person kinda confused me i think laying it out simply would be easier thank you

It has to do with how the DLC trophies are calculated on this site. If you look at any other DLC list, the % of earners are usually a lot higher than the base list. 

6 minutes ago, TONY-7581 said:

Something like PSN counts all people who played the game (so even if they didn't start the DLC), whereas PSNProfiles would count anybody who has started the DLC trophies (hence  27,041 owners for Ground Mode trophyset, whereas there's  376,926  people who own the game. So i'd assume, if you haven't earned a trophy in the Grounded Mode, you're not counted, thereby, you have to earn a trophy to show up as an owner. Thereby it can only be 99% (really 100%)...

That's my assumption.

If you look at numbers of owners it's significantly lower. The reason the % is so high, is basically that the dlc owners won't show up before the first trophy is earned. And in this case grounded mode will always be earned, so it should actually say 100%.

20 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It's because it's a DLC trophy and this site decides to mess up numbers for the DLC rarities. The current topic to discuss it is here

Thanks for the link :)

19 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Something like PSN counts all people who played the game (so even if they didn't start the DLC), whereas PSNProfiles would count anybody who has started the DLC trophies (hence  27,041 owners for Ground Mode trophyset, whereas there's  376,926  people who own the game. So i'd assume, if you haven't earned a trophy in the Grounded Mode, you're not counted, thereby, you have to earn a trophy to show up as an owner. Thereby it can only be 99% (really 100%)...

That's my assumption.

I see thank you for taking your time to explain that i  believe i undertsand how dlc works now

Thanks to all that replied. appreciated

Edited by TONY-7581
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TONY-7581 said:

Thanks for the link :)

I see thank you for taking your time to explain that i  believe i undertsand how dlc works now

Thanks to all that replied. appreciated

Of course if you want to know the 'true' percentage, looking at the trophies straight off your PS4 is the best way.