Version 1.02(26MB)

Single Player

1. Fixed save game corruption issues
  2. Fixed issues where game exits to Ubisoft Logo
  3. Fixed instances of music stopping under specific circumstances
  4. Fixed time-based statistics tracking
  5. Minor Japanese Trophies text fixes

Multiplayer

1. Fixed an issue where a new agent would not appear in the roster upon leveling up
  2. Fixed minor sound issue
  3. Balancing: Attacking a Victory node with a Remote Attack power-up removed
  4. Balancing: Geolocation bonus pack tweaked

I have not had to wait as long as most here (more than likely) but, I was very excited to see this available this morning. So after installing the patch I nervously clicked "Continue"... FUUUUUUUUU! It did not fix the "corrupted save file". I'm assuming now that we are screwed on the matter of our current save files and will have to start over. I guess the patch addressed the issue - on New Game saves - and will not let it happen again?

Here's some threads on the topic directly from Ubisoft's forums:

Original Thread about the Patch:

Assassins Creed Liberation save corruption bug

New thread about the patch not working:

assassin's creed liberation save bug problem continues after update

Edited by bmj14772

Kind of sucked its not fixed for all the people that have this problem

i started on a playthrough before this patch came,do i still have a chance of running into this problem after i patch it?

Should i just start over to be safe? im only just past the first sequence but i got all the online trophies.

its a good thing the patch is available, but I am sorry to hear that your save was not fixed :( what are you still missing? do you think it will tak a long time to get it back?

I was most of the way through Sequence 5. I had 100%sync in everything I had done up to that point. I just finished grinding all the collectibles I could for each persona as well as the majority of the Diary Pages; I was trying to get the boring crap done here and there so I wouldn't have a huge grind at the end. It's not the end of the world as the game isn't that difficult per se. Fortunately, the MP still worked on that save file and I was able to finish the MP trophies up. It took me over 7 hours to get to level 15 and the save corrupted right around level 13... I would have been pissed if my MP progress was lost because that shit was boooooriiing.

My issue now lies in the fact that I don't trust the game to not corrupt again... this time it may happen in Sequence 8. I don't mind a replay but, with this issue and all the others I have read about ACIII and even its new DLC release, i've lost confidence. I don't want to play through SP 3 times for the Plat.

Kind of sucked its not fixed for all the people that have this problem

i started on a playthrough before this patch came,do i still have a chance of running into this problem after i patch it?

Should i just start over to be safe? im only just past the first sequence but i got all the online trophies.

I don't know if the MP will carry over or not but, it sucked anyway. Since you are done with those trophies, I would highly recommend you start a new campaign. 1 Sequence isn't bad... you can blaze through that in 20 minutes (maybe quicker).

Edited by bmj14772

I was most of the way through Sequence 5. I had 100%sync in everything I had done up to that point. I just finished grinding all the collectibles I could for each persona as well as the majority of the Diary Pages; I was trying to get the boring crap done here and there so I wouldn't have a huge grind at the end. It's not the end of the world as the game isn't that difficult per se. Fortunately, the MP still worked on that save file and I was able to finish the MP trophies up. It took me over 7 hours to get to level 15 and the save corrupted right around level 13... I would have been pissed if my MP progress was lost because that shit was boooooriiing.

My issue now lies in the fact that I don't trust the game to not corrupt again... this time it may happen in Sequence 8. I don't mind a replay but, with this issue and all the others I have read about ACIII and even its new DLC release, i've lost confidence. I don't want to play through SP 3 times for the Plat.

I don't know if the MP will carry over or not but, it sucked anyway. Since you are done with those trophies, I would highly recommend you start a new campaign. 1 Sequence isn't bad... you can blaze through that in 20 minutes (maybe quicker).

hmm... perhaps when I finally get into the game you could help me with the MP. I have no idea wtf is going on in the MP. I tried it when the game first came out, and havent touched the game since. I probably put 30 minutes into the game itself. The online is some of the most confusing shit I've ever seen

Damn patch didnt work :|

If by "didn't work" you mean the patch didn't un-corrupt your save file then, yep; welcome to the club. You should feel confident that the issues causing the corruption have been fixed but, you will need to start over. Sorry. I'm almost all the way through the game now on my replay and further than I was when I got screwed. The bright side is it doesn't take nearly as long the 2nd time because you know how to do everything :D