Tips for Beating Night Terror?

In the first banned footage DLC, I am finding Night Terror insanely hard. Should I unlock everything before I attempt it? Also how much does the infinite ammo cost? I feel like that would help tremendously. I already have the circular saw unlocked for it, and I'm mostly going for the trophy so score isn't a concern.

If you're not worried about score, then the circular saw is the way to go.  If you are at the point where you are starting with 1500 scrap, I'd advise immediately using the corrosive on the door next to the starting room so that you have 3 compactors going right from the start.  I'd use minimum ammo in the first round (really in all rounds) and for the last few crawlers, use the turret.  Round two, about halfway through, you should have enough for the circular saw.  To beat Jack with it, make sure to set off the nerve gas traps and he'll get stunned and you can basically make it easy mode on him.  Just some tips for using the saw, for all enemies (except the spitting giant molded) I'd advise getting in a corner and crouching.  It seems to make it to where they can't hit you and stops their attacks.  For the fat molded, you can't use the saw, so I'd recommend using the mag 44 on them, as well as Jack in the last round.  Just make sure it is upgraded a time or two.  Using the saw, you should have plenty of scrap left over to buy adrenaline, health upgrades, and speed upgrades (at least one speed is VERY important).  I know this is a lot to take in, but you'll get the hang of it in no time!  Good Luck!

• Like 2

I'm about to get into this myself, and was curious - does the melee skill damage upgrade also.enhance damage done using the circular saw? Or is melee only considered using knives, not the saw?

It'd probably make it much, much easier to get a good double or more damage out of the saw, cutting down everything in its path.

It's pretty much free after unlocking the circular saw and mag 44. Here's how I did it:

First wave, start the two compactors, get the knife. Crouch by the door and start hacking away. This works OK on the four legged molded too, you'll often hit them through the wall/door when they try to jump at your face. They tend to follow walking molded into the room when it shows up though, so then just backtrack and go nuts with the knife. Once you get the circular saw you're home free and can just waste everything in two seconds flat except the fats and Jack. Use L2+R2 to hold the saw out all the time, don't slash it.

Always have adrenaline on you. Restock so you have at least 2 first aid meds at the start of each wave.

As soon as you can get the circular saw, then get melee upgrade 1 & 2. Get the mag 44 and ~20 ammo, use only on fat molded and armored if you're cornered.

Use the gas traps on jack, first fight use the one next to the second compactor. At the earliest possibility get the door to the workshop open and start the third compactor. Save the gas trap in here for the last jack fight.

Use mag 44 headshots on the fats. You should be able to get at least 1 mag 44 upgrade too, 2 if you don't waste too much mag 44 ammo or medkits.

You won't have the mag 44 on the first few fats, so lure them into turrets and tripwires to take them down. Run back to the shop and get the shotgun if the turrets don't kill them to finish them off.

On jack, lure him into the nerve gas trap, then melee him with the knife or saw. You can basically stunlock him by walking away from the trap and luring him back into it. I got about 5 knife slashes in before he came out of the stun. Rinse and repeat. He dies pretty fast on the first fight with melee upgrade 2. During the last fight more molded will spawn periodically, take them out with the saw as soon as they get through the door.

With this strat it's pretty much only jack that can cause you much trouble if he refuses to path into the nerve gas properly, but you should have mag 44 ammo left over to take him down in the last phase. You can also lure him away and put up more turrets if you have the scrap.
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

I'm late to the party, but for night terror I immediately unlocked the door to the dissection room to create a big circle and then just ran around the map, avoid fighting. When it says to kill all enemies use a machine gun and make use of the traps (use the final turrets for Jack's final form).

For Jack's first form use the six barrels at your disposal (the 7th is behind a locked door but you don't need to use it.

• Like 1