‘PS4’ may come with GPGPU and DirectX11 features

Mio

Some new information may have been revealed today in regards to the “PS4” next-generation system. You can check out some images of a concept of the console (done byYanko Design), as well as some shots of what appears to be the controller design, in the slideshow at the top of this article and the details below.

As uncovered today by Playstation Lifestyle, Sony Computer Entertainment recently put up a job listing for a lead systems engineer. Among the lofty experience requirements for the occupation include GPGPU programming and DirectX11, suggesting that these features will be featured in the upcoming release of the “PS4.”

View slideshow: ‘PS4’ may come with GPGPU and DirectX11 features; evidence uncovered

Sony Computer Entertainment is expected to release the “PS4” system (which is also often referred to as “Omni” or “Orbis”) in North America sometime during the second half of next year. The console manufacturer previously launched the PSOne in 1994, Playstation 2 in 2000, Playstation Portable in 2004, Playstation 3 in 2006 and Playstation Vita in 2011.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-may-come-with-gpgpu-and-directx11-features-evidence-uncovered

If this is true, then that is quite awesome news, for those that don't know, a GPGPU, in a nutshell, basically does tasks reserved for a CPU aswell as normal GPU tasks.

What excited me most about this was the possibility to play split screen on 2 different televisions. That is awesome.

For that feature you need the sony 3d tv with 2 glasses,i dont think ps4 has anything to do with this

Judging from these pictures it looks like it uses the same disc-sliding as ps3.

i was hoping they would ditch that because mine always stutters,it even wrecked a disc once.

For that feature you need the sony 3d tv with 2 glasses,i dont think ps4 has anything to do with this

Judging from these pictures it looks like it uses the same disc-sliding as ps3.

i was hoping they would ditch that because mine always stutters,it even wrecked a disc once.

If you look through all the pictures, it appears like the ps4 will have the ability to connect to multiple displays. Picture 9.

d899b7ae5c0af4728597c304d9b0c4f4.jpg