As a noob to how the Persona system works...

RJP_X

Hi, I first played P4G back toward the end of 2015 and basically played through the story and raising up social parameters to max. i'm thinking about giving this game an additional 2 runs. first one focusing on social links, and 2nd one on books and rise lines. i'd rather not do them all in one as i hear it can be somewhat overwhelming? so i don't mind doing two separate plays to lessen the stress of worrying if i'm going to complete it all in time like i've seen in some people's case. :c i'm not the biggest fan of time management in general, but perhaps it would feel more relaxed if i divided up the tasks in separate plays.

However this is where my noob factor comes in, I'm not completely certain how the social link system works tbh. i think i put only around 40 hours into P4G getting the true end, but barely focusing on the social sim aspects, but i still was immensely hooked, but feel nervous coming back for another play cause i wasn't fully familiar with the system lol. then i went on and played P3 FES doing the same thing which i enjoyed immensely as well lol, but barely touched the social system.

So yeah I'd like some pointers on how I should work out play strategies and advice in general, I'd really appreciate it as I'm interested in revisiting Inaba. xD

A guide always helps for the books and the answers to max out the parameters but since you already maxed out the parameters you don't have to worry that much.

First of all I would suggest you to make a small scheme  in order to make things clear (what are you missing )   keep in mind that you have a certain time to do certain social Skills Marie for exemple and Adachi. Also to catch the sea guardian it has to be in a specific time, it's been a while since i plat the game. But you should be fine if you write down all the missable things.

I agree with everyone. Follow a guide and write down the things you're missing. Since you got the most important parts (the True Ending and the Social Perimeters) you don't want to waste a 3rd playthrough by just going through Rise's line and/or reading all the books.

It's best just get it all in one go. It's not so bad.

14 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I agree with everyone. Follow a guide and write down the things you're missing. Since you got the most important parts (the True Ending and the Social Perimeters) you don't want to waste a 3rd playthrough by just going through Rise's line and/or reading all the books.

It's best just get it all in one go. It's not so bad.

I just remember reading from posters on Gamefaqs that you'll be really pressed for time if you do everything. SL's, books, rise lines. and that you would barely have enough time to go to dungeons. That its very pressing. (which i imagine you'll want plenty of dungeon time for the compendium, rise lines, ect.) So that sounds quite intimidating if I weren't to divide the tasks between play throughs. I'm quite nervous of time constraint systems, especially when I've seen a few disappointed folks in having no time left. :c

That's why i was thinking of doing this playthrough focusing on social links so i wont have to worry about time as bad, then on the last playthrough focus on more dungeon time for rise and whatever else i need and books. Idk. :c

@RJP_XBut it's your second playthrough with max parameters, which means you have more time, which means in the evenings you'll be reading books. Also, with Risette's trophy you can stay in the dungeons as much as you want and time doesn't pass. Well,1 day passes...just stay in the dungeon. My advice would be have a Word doc open or a checklist and starting crossing lines off. I remember staying in one of the dungeons for 10 hours no problem. I checked everything I got, and I saw that I needed more diverse lines, so I made sure to keep my party level low until Heaven opened up. That's when I got the trophy. 

Social links and books go hand-in-hand. You will find evenings where you'll be free and have nothing to do. I don't understand why you want to do a separate playthrough just for books or just for Rise's lines. 

"Barely enough time to go to dungeons"? Maybe you were reading from posters who were completing their first play through because only 1 day passes as long as you stay in the dungeon, which you have to go to continue with the story. Since this is your second playthrough you should be at a level where being in a dungeon isn't too difficult.

Edited by Edunstar84

8 hours ago, RJP_X said:

I just remember reading from posters on Gamefaqs that you'll be really pressed for time if you do everything. SL's, books, rise lines. and that you would barely have enough time to go to dungeons. That its very pressing. (which i imagine you'll want plenty of dungeon time for the compendium, rise lines, ect.) So that sounds quite intimidating if I weren't to divide the tasks between play throughs. I'm quite nervous of time constraint systems, especially when I've seen a few disappointed folks in having no time left. :c

That's why i was thinking of doing this playthrough focusing on social links so i wont have to worry about time as bad, then on the last playthrough focus on more dungeon time for rise and whatever else i need and books. Idk. :c

Let me tell you this. I did everything in the first playthrough. Risecchi, compendium, books, social links, parameters and I had enough time to upgrade all party members' Personas to their ultimate forms which is additional social link level. 

In other words, it's more than possible to do everything in one playthrough. And you already have the biggest grind past you.

• Like 1