Grounded 'Graveyard' subchapter glitch - game says its not completed on grounded??

i have encountered this problem just now and its so frustrating.

i completed the entire bills town chapter and reached up to pittsburgh and saved after the car crash and my progress shows i completed the 4th subchapter in bills town on grounded, but the 3rd one, graveyard, is still marked as being completed on easy which was my previous playthrough? why the hell is this happening?

i played the subchapter again, all the way until i reached the bloater. i saved it and then quite to the menu. checked again and it says the same thing!

i am thinking of chancing it and just continue and hope the computer knows i did it on grounded and will award me the trophy. it has to because when playing it i did get killed sometimes by the infected whereas on easier difficulties it would allow me to get them off me (in grounded its pretty much instant death when they get their hands on you). i am working in reverse and have not done the last chapter. i might do the last chapter on a new save file as i got 6 saves at the moment. really hope this doesnt screw up my chances of getting the grounded (and survivor) trophies.

Edited by rockstarjazz

4 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

i have encountered this problem just now and its so frustrating.

i completed the entire bills town chapter and reached up to pittsburgh and saved after the car crash and my progress shows i completed the 4th subchapter in bills town on grounded, but the 3rd one, graveyard, is still marked as being completed on easy which was my previous playthrough? why the hell is this happening?

i played the subchapter again, all the way until i reached the bloater. i saved it and then quite to the menu. checked again and it says the same thing!

i am thinking of chancing it and just continue and hope the computer knows i did it on grounded and will award me the trophy. it has to because when playing it i did get killed sometimes by the infected whereas on easier difficulties it would allow me to get them off me (in grounded its pretty much instant death when they get their hands on you). i am working in reverse and have not done the last chapter. i might do the last chapter on a new save file as i got 6 saves at the moment. really hope this doesnt screw up my chances of getting the grounded (and survivor) trophies.

I'd say continue playing to the very end and even if your trophy doesn't pop, restart this chapter again and again until it does. Assuming this is the only chapter that isn't marking as Grounded for you, I think you should be fine. Just make sure the rest of the game is done in Grounded. If by the time you finish everything and that is the remaining chapter that isn't marked with Grounded, you should probably begin grinding it out.

If this persists I don't really know what other advice to give you, I never encountered this glitch when I did mine and I have Platinumed The Last of Us many times on many different accounts.

The same thing happened to me when I was going for the grounded trophy. That subchapter is glitched.

Maybe you are lucky and replaying it again solves the problem, but for me it did not work. My save file was corrupted and I had to create a new save file from the nearest chapter to make it work. Here is the link to the thread I created when it happened to me: