Hellblade is now in Alpha stage of development

Hello PlayStation fans, Dom here from Ninja Theory. I wanted to take the opportunity to update you on the progress of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, which we’ll be launching later this year on PS4.

We’ve just hit the Alpha stage in the development of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. This is significant, because it means that for the first time the entire game is playable from beginning to end.

Source

Game looks pretty cool. Hopefully it comes out later this year and doesn't get delayed again.

I don't know a whole lot about the game, but from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty interesting. Ninja Theory are a talented studio, so I'm sure it'll turn out okay. I really enjoyed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I think that was an underappreciated game. Hellblade reminds me a lot of Heavenly Sword, but maybe that's just because of the similar names and female protagonists. I'm definitely keeping my eye on the game.

Edited by Undead Wolf

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't know a whole lot about the game, but from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty interesting. Ninja Theory are a talented studio, so I'm sure it'll turn out okay. I really enjoyed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I think that was an underappreciated game. Hellblade reminds me a lot of Heavenly Sword, but maybe that's just because of the similar names and female protagonists. I'm definitely keeping my eye on the game.

Never played Heavenly Sword or Enslaved but both of them are on PS Now so I might play them soon. 

I hear the platinum for Enslaved is really easy too.

Just now, ratchetdude231 said:

Never played Heavenly Sword or Enslaved but both of them are on PS Now so I might play them soon. 

I hear the platinum for Enslaved is really easy too.

I've not played played Heavenly Sword either. Maybe if it was remastered on PS4 with trophies I would. :giggle:

The only trophy that was kind of annoying in Enslaved was the one for collecting all of the orbs. I didn't want to bother with that at the time, much like how I originally gave up on the Infamous 1 plat. I definitely want to go back and platinum it one day, though. It's a really good game. I'd totally recommend it.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've not played played Heavenly Sword either. Maybe if it was remastered on PS4 with trophies I would. :giggle:

The only trophy that was kind of annoying in Enslaved was the one for collecting all of the orbs. I didn't want to bother with that at the time, much like how I originally gave up on the Infamous 1 plat. I definitely want to go back and platinum it one day, though. It's a really good game. I'd totally recommend it.

The orbs were annoying as hell but it was such a good game. I actually played the whole thing in 3D.

2 minutes ago, skateak said:

The orbs were annoying as hell but it was such a good game. I actually played the whole thing in 3D.

Oh man, I remember when all of these PS3 games started supporting 3D. That was short lived. :P Yeah, I'm not looking forward to collecting those. I guess I'll just have to study a video guide throughout my entire playthrough. I've heard some people mention how one of the orbs didn't show up for them or something, so hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh man, I remember when all of these PS3 games started supporting 3D. That was short lived. :P Yeah, I'm not looking forward to collecting those. I guess I'll just have to study a video guide throughout my entire playthrough. I've heard some people mention how one of the orbs didn't show up for them or something, so hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

Yeah I was bummed about that but to be honest the effect wasn't that great in some games due to the weaker hardware. Some games were awesome though. Super Star Dust HD, Uncharted 3 and MotorStorm Apocalypse were all great. Black Ops was ok but it cut the framerate to 30fps so it felt weird as hell to play when you know how a COD should run. I was hoping there would be some more PS4 games supporting it now that the hardware much stronger and with how robust different game engines have got over the past 3-4 year, 3D is basically as easy as checking a box but there hasn't been many. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Zombie Army Trilogy. I was pretty surprised when I saw it in the options.

2 minutes ago, skateak said:

Yeah I was bummed about that but to be honest the effect wasn't that great in some games due to the weaker hardware. Some games were awesome though. Super Star Dust HD, Uncharted 3 and MotorStorm Apocalypse were all great. Black Ops was ok but it cut the framerate to 30fps so it felt weird as hell to play when you know how a COD should run. I was hoping there would be some more PS4 games supporting it now that the hardware much stronger and with how robust different game engines have got over the past 3-4 year, 3D is basically as easy as checking a box but there hasn't been many. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Zombie Army Trilogy. I was pretty surprised when I saw it in the options.

3D TV's never really caught on and I don't expect that to change now that companies like Samsung have stopped making them altogether. So yeah, I'd be surprised if any games released from now on included that option. Most people just saw it as a gimmick. I never tried it myself.

Going back on topic, I don't know if anyone cares, but Ninja Theory has a development diary series on YouTube detailing how they make the game. It's kinda cool.

• 2 weeks later...