Favorite PlayStation Plus Freebie

Bullstomp

I know this whole concept runs contrary to the herd's "If it's not triple A games then Plus sucks" mentality but I want to know if any of the PSPlus offerings blew you away in a good way.

I am close to finishing "The Deadly Tower of Monsters" and I can tell you I never would have bought this game. But I can also tell you without hesitation I have had more fun with this game than many triple A titles. Good gameplay, excellent story, extremely funny. If Atlus makes a sequel I am definitely on boardB)

What PS Plus game(s) have pleasantly surprised you?

I'd say my favourite title on PS Plus, certainly on the PS4 has been Rocket League.  In terms of games I've played and enjoyed thanks to Plus I wouldn't necessarily have bought would be Fez, The Swapper and Valiant Hearts.  I really enjoyed Brothers: A tale of 2 sons on the PS3 too

One of the more memorable games I've played out of the IGC is Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4). It doesn't have a platinum, but it's not too long. Definitely worth the time for the story alone. It's a WW1 themed sidescroller. There's also a lot of information about WW1 in this game too (through the story and through collectible) if you're interested in that sort of stuff.

Some more of my favourites include

• Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4) - MetroidVania
  • Strider (PS4) - MetroidVania
  • Transistor (PS4) - ARPG with some strategy elements

These are games I would have never bought (I don't have a lot of money to spend, so I don't generally buy things I don't know much about) but imo they're all master pieces and I'm happy that I got to play them.

• Like 1

I have had some success with the more uncommon games for Vita, such as Letter Quest and to a lesser extent Tiny Troopers.

The Vita is perfect for games like Letter Quest where you can pick up/put down and resume within seconds, if you are on the move. Plus since English is only my second language, it was fun and probably more challenging for me looking for longer words than just "axe", "boat" and other short (and not so rewarding in terms of points) words.

For those who are not familiar with the title, it is a bit like Scrabble with RPG elements involved. Sort of. :P I would recommend it!

• Like 1