Time Goal/ Shift Goal/ No Death Trophies Movies!

Kristmas2

• 3 years later...
On 05/06/2020 at 0:05 AM, Kristmas2 said:

Glad I could help man :)  Good luck on your 100%, game is amazing!

Thanks! I just finished the second DLC. That Vat Choice level was a real pain. Just the main game shift and time goals left now. I’m sure I’ll be using the videos here a fair bit more for those. ?

Edit: just got 100%. Some levels were really painful but the videos were a lifesaver!

Edited by bobthecrazydog
Update
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Apparently there is an exploit for the difficult trophies. Found this info on an xbox achievement site that has individual solutions for achievements and sometimes walkthroughs for games. I'm not sure I can post the link here, but you can find it there.

Basically, you play the levels normally with as many shifts and deaths and you don't need to be fast either. Once you unlock the final door of each level, as you walk through that door, you press start at a very specific moment and then hit restart and then accept. The game resets your deaths and shifts and time, but since you're slightly past the final door, it counts the level as finished. So you get 0 shifts, 0 deaths and a ridiculous time that is slightly above 0 second. This method works even on the final levels of chapters as long as you know when to hit start. These methods (for regular final doors and for the last levels of chapters where you power up generators) are explained in detail and with videos there. So I recommend checking it out if you're struggling. It's an xbox site, but I can confirm the method works for ps3 as well.

Edit: Only the very last levels of the base game and 2 dlc's are really different than others. I couldn't find the correct moment to pause the game on the final level of the base game, but it was a pretty easy level compared to most others so I did it legit. The final level of the Desmond dlc was similar. I had to do it legit as well, but it wasn't as easy. Took quite a few attempts. Still more reasonable than most other levels. But I managed to use the exploit on the last level of the Ike aramba dlc, paused right after the creature vanished and it worked. This level was easier than Desmond's last level, but I'm glad it worked and now it's done :)

Edited by emboliformis
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2024 at 3:10 PM, S_O_3_R_3_N said:

Thanks for the info :)

Getting the right point is difficult. Which videos did you use for orientation?

No problem. Hope it helps. I just used the videos that were posted on that achievement site. But basically, you look down with the right stick and then move forward with the d-pad very slowly and as soon as the reticle passes the border between levels, you press start and then choose restart. This works great as long as there is a regular door at the end of the level, which works for almost all the levels except a few.

• Like 1