Worth getting?

AJ_Radio

Yeah - it's a really fun platformer with some of the best, unique mechanics I've ever seen.

If you end up continuing after this one, and are interested in the rest of the series, I'd suggest refraining from playing Trine 3.

It's really, really bad.

However, the first and second are amazing games, so play those. :)

What's bad about Trine 3?

There are two versions of both Trine 1 and 2. PS4 has Enhanced Edition, PS3 has the original and I don't know what the differences are. Trine 2 has an easy version on the PS3 and a difficult one on the PS4, again don't know what the differences are.

Trine 2 was my first for the PS3.  Not as many trophies but gameplay pretty much the same.  

Trine 2: Complete Story for the PS4 is longer and with more trophies.  

Trine 3 I've heard isn't very good and I did not like the graphics.

So Trine 2 is a good buy.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

What's bad about Trine 3?

There are two versions of both Trine 1 and 2. PS4 has Enhanced Edition, PS3 has the original and I don't know what the differences are. Trine 2 has an easy version on the PS3 and a difficult one on the PS4, again don't know what the differences are.

Trine 3 got rid of the side scrolling platformer-esque games, and went for a more 3D oriented game which was a mechanic that was implemented horribly.

On top of that - They removed the skill trees out of the game that were in Trine 1 and 2 (or severely limited them, can't even remember anymore) but that removed a lot of the cool mechanics like antigravity arrows, throwing hammers, and much more as this is not an exhaustive list.

With the combination of the 3D plane, and limitations of the mechanics, the puzzles became meh, and the game itself turned out to be a mess, and just in general didn't feel like the other two Trine games at all.

In terms of differences? 

For Trine 1, the trophy lists are pretty much the same, except with a couple extra trophies concerning the extra level they added, nothing too difficult. There are a couple new items that makes some of the more annoying trophies in Trine 1 PS3 really easy in Trine 1 PS4. Overall, not much difference.

For Trine 2, the PS3 version's trophy list is ~2/10 whereas the PS4's version is ~8/10.

This is because in the PS3 version you don't even need to finish the game to obtain the platinum, you simply need to pick enough experience bottles to unlock the skill trees needed for the action trophies. Meanwhile on PS4, you need to collect every single piece of experience in all the levels in the game, on top of the fact you need to finish it on hard mode with hardcore active. (you can only respawn once a checkpoint, half health restore only, if all 3 characters are dead, start from beginning of level, and I think double damage, not sure on the last one)

If it were up to me, I'd not have claimed it was an 8/10 platinum, but the poll on the trophy guide says so, and it is what it is. 

Both the games are a worthwhile purchase if you're interested, and apologies for the wall of text, but I wanted to be a little thorough.

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 2