Don't Break The Chain (A Trophy A Day)

Oh, it's been a while since I've last posted here but I kept the streak going though, so let's see what I've done in those missing days:

Day 18: April 28th 2017

1st trophy:

37L09076d.png

Endurance I :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won on the 28th:

Wolfenstein: The New Order:

Endurance I :bronze:

Knack:

Emerald Medal :bronze:

2 trophies from games started during KYC3. In Wolfenstein I'm trying to get the perks during my current playthrough (these are relatively easy trophies to pick up and great for keeping the streak going) and at the same time I'm grinding out all the crystals in Knack, I'm almost there, only 1 diamond relic missing!

Day 19: April 29th 2017:

1st trophy:

32L6587db.png

Shotgun magazine + :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

Not much time to play on the 29th so only picked up one trophy, another one for unlocking a perk in Wolfenstein: The New Order

Day 20: April 30th 2017:

1st trophy:

8L22a9c3.png

Just A Machine :bronze: from UNO

All trophies won on the 30th:

UNO:

Just A Machine :bronze:

Head On :bronze:

Good Sight :bronze:

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

Never Tell Me The Odds :bronze:

Is There A Garbage Chute? :bronze:

A Bag Full Of Explosives :bronze:

It Belongs To Me! :bronze:

There Has Been An Awakening... :gold:

Speechless :bronze:

Little Short For A Stormtrooper? :bronze:

Just A Scavenger :bronze:

11 trophies and for the first time in a while a trophy that wasn't bronze! Some quick trophies from the Uno card game and made some nice progress in LEGO star wars, a game I hope to get the plat from soon.

Day 21: May 1st 2017:

1st trophy:

15L591713.png

Travelled Too Far. Seen Too Much :bronze: from LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

All trophies won on the 1st:

Travelled Too Far. Seen Too Much :bronze:

STOP.....Kylo Time :bronze:

The Crimson Corsair :bronze:

Used To Have A Bigger Crew :bronze:

Hello! Were You Looking For Me? :bronze:

It's True. All of it... :gold:

It's A Trap! :bronze:

The New Jedi Will Rise :silver:

I Can Fly Anything :silver:

Red Leader :silver:

Cryptosurgeon :bronze:

Another bunch of trophies from the Lego game, getting closer to the platinum there!

Got a trophy in Pocket RPG. Now all I need to 100% that game is to complete my Battlemage story and go through the entire set of dungeons with the Darkranger. Battlemage is horrible - you have to flick the right control stick to attack.

Day 22: May 2nd 2017

1st trophy:

38Lcec71f.png

Scavenger :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won the 2nd:

Scavenger :bronze:

Marksman magazine + :bronze:

Quick reload :silver:

He's No Good To Me Dead :silver:

60 Portions! :silver:

A Big Deal In The Resistance :bronze:

Less Than 12 Parsecs :silver:

Bow To The First Order! :bronze:

Force Is Strong With This One :gold:

Hey! That's Miiiiiiiine! :bronze:

Traitor! :bronze:

Show Me, Grandfather :bronze:

Family Reunion :bronze:

Chewie, We're Home :bronze:

14 trophies, so a good day, also a nice mix between bronze, silver and even a gold trophy! But the most important thing is probably that the platinum for LEGO Star Wars was almost obtained!

Day 23: May 3th 2017

1st trophy:

39L7eb4e7.png

I Like That Wookiee... :bronze: from LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

All trophies won on the 3th:

I Like That Wookiee... :bronze:

Anything Else? :bronze:

Not The Droid You're Looking For :bronze:

The Force Awakens :platinum:

Knack:

Crystal Relic Master :silver:

King Of Battle :gold:

It has been a while but I've managed to add a new shiny platinum trophy to my collection, I also made some nice progress in Knack where I've finished the grind for crystals, all that's left now are the difficulty runs (hard and very hard) and the time trials, the other trophies will come along doing the difficulty runs.

Damn, Freodline, I wish I had the energy to create a display as awesome as yours.

Got a couple of trophies in inFAMOUS Second Son after reaching the southern island. I would have pushed to get more trophies but those damn D.U.P. jeeps kept showing up and unloading their damn auto-turrets at me and one-shotting me. I hate Expert mode. ?

Day 24, May 4th 2017

1st trophy:

20Lcef80b.png

Badge Of Honor :bronze: from Guns Up!

All trophies won on the 4th:

Guns Up:

Badge Of Honor :bronze:

Impact Resistant :silver:

Only 2 trophies but that opened up the opportunity to make a lot of progress in my hard run on Knack. To make sure to keep the chain going I wanted to get a trophy before spending all of my game time on that. So I saw Guns Up! released yet another DLC with 2 new trophies. The trophies were easy to collect, the first one came upon opening the game seeing I hadn't collected last season's badge yet. The second one was for upgrading a wall to level 7, which did cost me my savings ingame but only took me about 3 minutes to do. After that I could focus on Knack for the rest of the day, more about that in the next update!

19 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Damn, Freodline, I wish I had the energy to create a display as awesome as yours.

Got a couple of trophies in inFAMOUS Second Son after reaching the southern island. I would have pushed to get more trophies but those damn D.U.P. jeeps kept showing up and unloading their damn auto-turrets at me and one-shotting me. I hate Expert mode. 1f63e.png

I'm curious: Is there a reaon why you decided to combine the good karma run with the expert mode? Normally everyone suggests to do the bad karma run together on expert difficulty as you don't have to watch out for pedestrians and can shoot the D.U.P.s whereever you want. 

5 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

Obviously we're 5 months into the year, but are people able to join this whenever and post how many days they have earned a trophy consecutively? Thanks!

This isn't a contest, just a thread where you can boast on what trophies you earned during the day, so you don't "join", per se. It was just something I created to help people get support for earning trophies. :)

Anyways, yesterday I completed the first playthrough of inFAMOUS Second Son, getting the trophies for completing the game on Good Karma and Expert Difficulty, and hoo boy was Expert difficulty a pain! I died so many times I wasn't laughing. :( Tomorrow - speed run through the second playthrough to get the remaining trophies. (Tried to get Hat Trick but trying for it after you beat the final boss is next to impossible as the DUP jeeps stop coming regularly and there aren't a lot of sources of neon close to sources of video and the DUP agents refuse to get close enough for me to flash grenade them then quickly drain neon to flash bomb them and then drain video to zap them. Will try to do it on the second playthrough right after I get the Video power.)

Day 25, May 5th 2017

1st trophy:

34L3cdfef.png

Knack Beginner :bronze: from Knack

I waited untill after midnight to finish my hard difficulty run, so the trophies that would pop would make sure I'd get a trophy to keep the chain running!

All trophies earned on the 5th:

Knack:

Knack Beginner :bronze:

Knack Challenger :silver:

Diamond Medal :bronze:

Perfect Action :gold:

Speed King :gold:

Battleship:

Apprentice Seaman :bronze:

I finished my hard run on Knack popping 3 trophies at once, after that I went for the perfect action trophy and finished it off with earning 5 stars on all time trials for the speed king trophy, now all that's left is to finish the game on very hard mode. I started that today but as it's really hard and my weekend has ended I think it will take a couple of days to get it done. I also started (yet another) new game: Battleship. A fairly easy game that will allow me to take some easy trophies.

23 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Way to go! I played Knack a few times but got bored of grinding for crystals. Would have gone for it too had I not kept getting the same crystals three chests in a row.

Yes the crystal grinding really is a pain in the ass but that makes the platinum rarer and thus more interesting, I'm halfway through the 'very hard' run, I should be able to finish it wednesday at the latest. In the meanwhile I pick up some easy trophies just to keep the chain going seeing my main focus is on Knack.

Day 26, May 6th 2017:

1st trophy:

40Le2d2cd.png

Endurance II :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won on the 6th:

Endurance II :bronze:

Grenade pouch + :bronze:

2 trophies picked up pretty fast so I could continue my focus on Knack

ijusthadto.png

Anyone who gets the above reference is l33t in my book. ^_^

1Lff7569.png

Speaking of which, finally got my 15th platinum, though I missed an obvious trophy because I wasn't paying attention to the guide I was using and had to restart the story from Chapter 1, which meant having to suffer through the tutorial AGAIN. At least the robot is cute.

I'm going to take a brief siesta then bullhorn the second playthrough of inFAMOUS Second Son to get the remaining trophies and that platinum. Wish me luck! :D Don't know what to do next - tomorrow is my turn on Round 2 of the GTH Olympics and I haven't got any fast games to earn tons of trophies in... no, I don't want to do My Name is Mayo, even though it's only $0.99. ?

• Like 1

Just got halfway past my second inFAMOUS Second Son playthrough and earned a few trophies, including the one for max evil Karma. I set this playthrough on easy mode to avoid dying a lot and am only picking up things that give me blast shards so I can power up Delsin's powers to max and get through this story one final time and hopefully get my 16th platinum. :)

Day 27, May 7th 2017

1st trophy:

51Ld12a99.png

Hardened :silver: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

It's also the only trophy won on the 7th, a quick perk trophy from Wolfenstein just to keep the chain going and then back to Knack

Day 28, May 8th 2017

1st trophy:

46L0584e1.png

Grenade pouch ++ :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won on the 8th:

Grenade pouch ++ :bronze:

Assassin :silver:

Knife sheath + :bronze:

Same story as the day before, I played about a half hour of Wolfenstein to ensure getting trophies and then went back to Knack

Day 29, May 9th 2017

1st trophy:

36L0afb3d.png

Knack Master :gold: from Knack

All trophies won on the 9th:

Knack:

Knack Master :gold:

Ultimate Knack :platinum:

Yes, I did it, I finished Knack for my 57th platinum! Now I got to think what games to play next :) 

1L889b63.png

So I finally got the platinum for inFAMOUS Second Son, and ended the day(or night) with another trophy from Pocket RPG(Battlemage Award for clearing the story with the Battlemage, now working on the final character, the Darkranger).

This is a great idea and will probably help my motivation to play every day as well. I actually started 2 days ago to see if I'd be willing to sit down and get some trophies even if I have almost no time left in the day and since that worked out yesterday I'm ready to commit to getting at least one trophy every day now

Here a the trophies i got so far:

Day1

1st trophy:

Tourist :bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

All Trophies from May 9th:

Tourist :bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Novice Treasure Hunter :bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Butcher:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Ink Walker:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

The Wingless Messiah:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Airborne Division:bronze: - Mantis Burn Racing

Day 2

1st Trophy:

Move Up To The Bumper:bronze: - Mantis Burn Racing

All Trophies from May 10th:

Move Up To The Bumper:bronze: - Mantis Burn Racing

MkII? Fiesta!!:bronze: - Mantis Burn Racing

Today I will probably continue with Van Helsing and I still have the local Coop Trophy in Mantis Burn Racing as a reserve when I need to pop a quick one to keep the streak alive

On 24-4-2017 at 8:48 AM, BillyHorrible said:

12 days, 12 games, 185 trophies, 4 platinums, 4 story finishes, 2 milestones (6K trophies, fastest platinum).

1S107813.png  26Sbc01fb.png  9Sec0087.png  12S37a336.png  15S9550f3.png  35S4681fa.png  5Sba5de5.png  1Sa32875.png  33S560537.png  10S5318b7.png  11Sf00dc1.png  24S537133.png

I probably won't get any gaming time at all on Thursday (except for if I decide to play the Switch on handheld mode) and Friday is when Mario Kart gets released so I'll fail heavily after 15 or at most 16 days, it seems.

I ended the streak on 15 days, 12 games, 200 trophies, 4 platinums, 5 story finishes, 2 milestones (6K trophies, fastest platinum).

1S107813.png  26Sbc01fb.png  9Sec0087.png  12S37a336.png  15S9550f3.png  35S4681fa.png  5Sba5de5.png  1Sa32875.png  33S560537.png  10S5318b7.png  11Sf00dc1.png  24S537133.png  26S6a7b0b.png  44S3e9e22.png  52Sbd3cc8.png

After that I finished Specter Of Torment on the Switch and I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe exclusively for a while. 2nd of May was the start of my new streak, where I finished the main story of The Witcher III, completed all of Horizon Zero Dawn, and did some random trophy stuff in The Witcher III before starting its DLC.

New streak: 9 days, 2 games, 74 trophies, 1 platinum, 1 story finish.

4S744f24.png  24S45aed7.png  9S7adf12.png  20S05b9e2.png  53S9b4f51.png  45Sc60b2c.png  56S76d9ad.png  1S848de1.png  20S27f97d.png

Day 30: May 10th 2017

1st trophy:

23L2044b2.png

Knife sheath ++ :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won on the 10th:

Knife sheath ++ :bronze:

Silent shot :bronze:

Vampire :bronze:

Bullseye :bronze:

Rocket magazine + :bronze:

I decided to make Wolfenstein my new main focus game now Knack is finished and I'm getting closer to the platinum in this game anyway!

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

200 trophies and 4 plats in 15 days. And that from a person who doesn't care about trophies in first place. :P

Impressive, isn't it.

Well, I may not care for trophies but I do tend to play a lot of games. Note that I've played 12 different games so that's only a platinum in a third of those and less than 20 trophies per game, on average. Full Throttle and Late Shift alone were responsible for more than 60 of those trophies and 2 of the platinums, while being very easy and short. 110 of the remaining trophies were about playing through the whole Uncharted series again (with a guide for the collectables as I played through all of them once already anyway), excluding those all leaves us with 29 remaining trophies (including two platinums) in a total of 6 games - two platinums (AC IV Black Flag and This War Of Mine) and an average of less than five trophies per game.

That being said, I like how these past few months I've started buying less and looking at what I could do with my backlog more. Saves me money yet I'm still playing a lot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Impressive, isn't it.

I find it more impressive that you could break down everything so fast. xD

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I may not care for trophies but I do tend to play a lot of games.

It's surely an advantage if someone doesn't care that much about getting every random trophy of a game just for the sake of seeing a 100% whereas only a 30% or 40% of the trophies are related to the main part of the game itself. And quite a lot of games tend to hand out trophies like free candy during the first few hours so it surely racks up quite a big amount of them in a short itme span.

32 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That being said, I like how these past few months I've started buying less and looking at what I could do with my backlog more. Saves me money yet I'm still playing a lot.

I'm still buying quite a lot but overall it feels like it's less than the previous years. Reminding oneself of all the purchases and all the unfinished things surely helps to keep it at a healthy ratio between new purchaes and backlog games.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

I find it more impressive that you could break down everything so fast. xD

I'm a mathematician because I love (amongst others) statistics, numbers in general and basic weird stuff that makes sense once you stop to think about it.

It's surely an advantage if someone doesn't care that much about getting every random trophy of a game just for the sake of seeing a 100% whereas only a 30% or 40% of the trophies are related to the main part of the game itself. And quite a lot of games tend to hand out trophies like free candy during the first few hours so it surely racks up quite a big amount of them in a short itme span.

Yeah this is the main problem with completions for me. I don't see why I should spend five hours getting one trophy if I could spend those five hours on a whole new game or on an entire season or Archer, for instance. There are enough games that keep me entertained after the story has finished but more often than not I'm just done with it and I move on to the next game. For fuck's sake, I haven't even completed Everybody's Gone To The Rapture yet though that's trivially easy and would just take an afternoon of gaming with a guide next to me. For Jak2 and Jak 3 both I'm only missing the "all orbs" which could both be done by abusing a glitch for an hour or two. I just happen to not really give a shit B) at the very least, not until I have played through more of my backlog games.

I'm still buying quite a lot but overall it feels like it's less than the previous years. Reminding oneself of all the purchases and all the unfinished things surely helps to keep it at a healthy ratio between new purchaes and backlog games.

Yeah only concentrating on backlog games is not good for the motivation. It's one of the reasons why I got Horizon Zero Dawn (which I didn't pay for since I got it in a trade anyway): to break up the backlog work. At the moment I also have a whole bunch of games for the Switch that are out already and I really want to buy, though with that console I try to not buy anything new until I get through the last game I bought, just to keep it all a bit under control (exceptions being the eventual sales and right before going on a holiday so I have more to play). This way, I'm mostly only buying new stuff for the Switch and playing backlog games on PS4, as well as new games I got by trading old games.