No PS4 Twisted Metal :(

Stargazer2600

Now idk if someone posted this before but i didnt see anything so i thought i would look into it. Twisted Metal, a franchise that helped rocket Playstation to where it is is apperantly not gonna get a PS4 release (as of now). Jaffe (who has worked on the prev ones) has said that the IP is in Sony's possesion and as far as he knows, they dont plan to have a Twisted Metal this generation.

Now, that kinda sucks since Twisted Metal had many titles on PS1, a few on PS2, a flop on PS3 (reasons for that though) and it just kinda sucks to think that it wont make it to PS4.

source

Consider how bad it flopped on PS3. I doubt we will ever see another Twisted Metal. I dont know was it the MP that killed the game or what. The original Twisted Metal never had MP, with better backstory to each driver/cars, but the 2nd it hit MP, things just died. Not to mention how meh the servers were. Ever since Jaffe gaved up on TM, I felt betrayed by him. I wont even look at his recent horrible creation Drawn to Death. but that is just my opinion, I know some who enjoys that game...#shudders.

edit: Would I want to see another Twisted Metal!? HELL YES! But I dont think Jaffe can ever lead again. He lost his mojo a long time ago. A TM for PS4 would be awesome. PS4 is a lot better in online play than Ps3 ever was and with the power of the PS4, maps would be huge and tons would be destructible. But I think thats where most devs might worry about. Making everything destructible. It's going to be A LOT of work.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

39 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Consider how bad it flopped on PS3. I doubt we will ever see another Twisted Metal. I dont know was it the MP that killed the game or what. The original Twisted Metal never had MP, with better backstory to each driver/cars, but the 2nd it hit MP, things just died. Not to mention how meh the servers were. Ever since Jaffe gaved up on TM, I felt betrayed by him. I wont even look at his recent horrible creation Drawn to Death. but that is just my opinion, I know some who enjoys that game...#shudders.

edit: Would I want to see another Twisted Metal!? HELL YES! But I dont think Jaffe can ever lead again. He lost his mojo a long time ago. A TM for PS4 would be awesome. PS4 is a lot better in online play than Ps3 ever was and with the power of the PS4, maps would be huge and tons would be destructible. But I think thats where most devs might worry about. Making everything destructible. It's going to be A LOT of work.

I heard Jaffe kinda stopped doing TM once his team died in a plane crash, he didnt feel right making them without them. Now how true that is, idk

Edited by Stargazer2600

4 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I heard Jaffe kinda stopped doing TM once his team died in a plane crash, he didnt feel right making them without them. Now how true that is, idk

That was a fake! lol...

This was a quote some his tweet awhile back..

I never did what you are accusing me of doing. We never used- and I never would- a tragedy (real or fake) to promote ANYTHING. The story of the developers dying in the plane crash (totally fake) was never used to promote that game. That was simply the story OF the game that was only every discussed OUTSIDE of the game when a reported asked me about it being true or not. It was our take on a BLAIR WITCH set up but we never used it in promoting the game (other than when an interviewer asked me point blank about it and- frankly- I don’t recall if an interviewer even asked about it before the game had already shipped and all promotion for that title was done).
++

7 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

That was a fake! lol...

This was a quote some his tweet awhile back..

I never did what you are accusing me of doing. We never used- and I never would- a tragedy (real or fake) to promote ANYTHING. The story of the developers dying in the plane crash (totally fake) was never used to promote that game. That was simply the story OF the game that was only every discussed OUTSIDE of the game when a reported asked me about it being true or not. It was our take on a BLAIR WITCH set up but we never used it in promoting the game (other than when an interviewer asked me point blank about it and- frankly- I don’t recall if an interviewer even asked about it before the game had already shipped and all promotion for that title was done).
++

gotcha, this whole time i thought that was true and why he went to GoW lol

IGN Also mentioned it here

"

It's those four levels -- or rather the text crawl that precedes them -- that had us most interested now that we finally got a build of the game in the office to properly digest. Whether it's a true story or Eat Sleep Play's idea of an urban myth inserted in the game, we don't really care. The idea that six members on the development team were all killed in a plane crash, which is why the game was cancelled, gives the four maps that much more of a mysterious appeal. Throw in the twist about a letter apparently signed by the dead team members appearing two years to the day after the crash that begs to have the levels released to the public, and the tease that the levels originally were going to be linked as a massive free-roaming world, and the content becomes even more enticing. Oh, and if the text crawl is to be believed, finishing the game on Hard will let you see the full letter. "

It really seems like a hoax to mess with people.

50 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

IGN Also mentioned it here

"

It's those four levels -- or rather the text crawl that precedes them -- that had us most interested now that we finally got a build of the game in the office to properly digest. Whether it's a true story or Eat Sleep Play's idea of an urban myth inserted in the game, we don't really care. The idea that six members on the development team were all killed in a plane crash, which is why the game was cancelled, gives the four maps that much more of a mysterious appeal. Throw in the twist about a letter apparently signed by the dead team members appearing two years to the day after the crash that begs to have the levels released to the public, and the tease that the levels originally were going to be linked as a massive free-roaming world, and the content becomes even more enticing. Oh, and if the text crawl is to be believed, finishing the game on Hard will let you see the full letter. "

It really seems like a hoax to mess with people.

Yeah i remember unlocking all that back when i first heard about it. Back then i wanted to be a paranormal investigator so, ghost messages were kinda my thing. Now i just wanna work in a mourge with dead people, pass on ghosts and hauntings lol

2 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Yeah i remember unlocking all that back when i first heard about it. Back then i wanted to be a paranormal investigator so, ghost messages were kinda my thing. Now i just wanna work in a mourge with dead people, pass on ghosts and hauntings lol

Have you watched "The Autopsy of Jane Doe". I found it intriguing..maybe it was just the hot dead lady lying there.....?

2 hours ago, sidawg2 said:

The old ones are available as PS2 Classics on PS4, but you'll never see another one. It's too expensive to make to be indie, but too niche to be a big budget title.

Yeah, a game that calibur is hard to be made on a low budget. Have you ever played or heard of Vigilante 8; was on Ps1. Pretty mucha  TM wannabe. It was pretty fun though.

6 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I dont know was it the MP that killed the game or what. The original Twisted Metal never had MP, with better backstory to each driver/cars, but the 2nd it hit MP, things just died.

I bought the game around 2 years after release and the MP was dead.  I couldn't find any matches except regular ranked matches, and even then, it was just 2 boosters player each other.  There were a lot of issues with the MP too.  Bad coding made it near impossible to get the online trophies too.

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Have you watched "The Autopsy of Jane Doe". I found it intriguing..maybe it was just the hot dead lady lying there.....1f602.png

Yeah, a game that calibur is hard to be made on a low budget. Have you ever played or heard of Vigilante 8; was on Ps1. Pretty mucha  TM wannabe. It was pretty fun though.

I remember that game.  the specials were pretty weird, like a bee attack...

5 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

You really Missed out on Black. to me that was the best TM ever

Twisted Metal black is on PS4 though, if he reallly wanted to try out.