Anyone here on the forums play this yet?

AJ_Radio

• 3 months later...

I platinumed it on PSVita and am now playing it on PS4. This game is insanely fun but difficult. If you like old-school arcade type games and aren't afraid of getting your butt handed to you repeatedly I highly recommend it.

I absolutely loved this game.

On 4/12/2017 at 5:55 PM, Spaz said:

Volgarr looks to be a fun platfomer. The ability to throw spears and get gear that makes you look like a badass Viking is a game that looks appealing to me.

Although after watching a couple videos on Youtube, the game looks pretty difficult.

On 4/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, TristanBrown17 said:

I believe I saw Outside Xbox play this for a "World's Hardest Achievements" episode. Apparently the game is pretty damn difficult.

This game is AWESOME, I highly recommend trying it! If you have a PS4 and a Vita one purchase gets you two trophy lists AND the Vita version is Ultra Rare.

Here is a video I made of the first level.

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

This game is AWESOME, I highly recommend trying it! If you have a PS4 and a Vita one purchase gets you two trophy lists AND the Vita version is Ultra Rare.

Here is a video I made of the first level.

Awesome job man. I enjoyed your Batman Arkham Knight Community Challenge videos. Used them to help me get those last three trophies I needed for 100 percent.

How difficult and long would you say Volgarr the Viking is?

I saw Rooster Teeth post a Rage Quit video of this game on Youtube. Sounds like if you die you go back to the beginning of the level.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Awesome job man. I enjoyed your Batman Arkham Knight Community Challenge videos. Used them to help me get those last three trophies I needed for 100 percent.

How difficult and long would you say Volgarr the Viking is?

I saw Rooster Teeth post a Rage Quit video of this game on Youtube. Sounds like if you die you go back to the beginning of the level.

Thank you, I am glad to have helped!?

If you get hit you lose armor pieces first. If you have no armor pieces you die.

Each level has two "segments". If you die in segment 1 you start in the beginning. If you die in segment 2 you start at the halfway point.

It is also very important to note Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. You get a blue glow when you carry it. If you get it (and there is a hammer on each segment) it does two things;  it gives you a free hit where you take no damage and lose no armor AND it creates an explosion that does heavy damage to everything on the screen. It is advisable to exploit that explosion in difficult areas . . .until you get to the point where you can go through a level without getting hit at all.

I'm not being obnoxious saying that, with practice it WILL happen. With extremely few exceptions the number and types of enemies are identical in each area.

As far as the length, once you learn what you're doing you can beat the game in an hour. It took me 2 weeks part-timing it to learn what I was doing and platinum the Vita version. It took me a day to platinum the PS4 version after that and frankly it could have been quicker if I didn't have a job to go to.

If you have any questions let me know.

Edited by Bullstomp

I wanted to play this game, but it's not available on the European store for some reason... -_- The game looks cool, so it's a shame. I know I could play it on PS4 if I purchased it with an NA account, but this is the kind of game that suits being played on the Vita very well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I felt like punishing myself so I just bought this for the Switch; I've been playing easy games for too long and I shouldn't get comfortable with that.

On 13/08/2017 at 11:23 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I wanted to play this game, but it's not available on the European store for some reason... -_- The game looks cool, so it's a shame. I know I could play it on PS4 if I purchased it with an NA account, but this is the kind of game that suits being played on the Vita very well.

Don't know if you know by now but there is an EU PS4 version now on PSN.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Don't know if you know by now but there is an EU PS4 version now on PSN.

Aye, I do remember hearing this game got a EU release, but I totally forgot about it. Looks like it's crossbuy with Vita too, so I'll be playing it there assuming it's not just an error. I've added it to my wishlist and I'll buy it when the game goes on sale. Thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Aye, I do remember hearing this game got a EU release, but I totally forgot about it. Looks like it's crossbuy with Vita too, so I'll be playing it there assuming it's not just an error. I've added it to my wishlist and I'll buy it when the game goes on sale. Thanks for the reminder.

psnprices.com seems to think it's cross-buy as well.

I bought it on a 50% off sale on the Switch, doesn't help you directly but it may mean that it'll be on a PSN sale soon too.

Played a little bit and it's pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I played the first "world" (each world is just tqo levels, the latter ending in  a boss fight) before going on to titles that were a higher priority to me (it helps that Völgarr, by design, is something that tou don't just play for a few minutes, but you really have to get in the zone for it - getting good enough to beat the first world took me about an hour and a half, and there's no real saving until you beat another world).

I really enjoyed that first world though, and definitely will continue on this sooner rather than later. It's tough, but fair, and very rewarding. It feels awesome once you get the hang of it.

I think it's easier than Super Meat Boy. It's less about split-second platforming and more about remembering what will happen - there's only a bare few moments where the game requires you to make a lot of moves as a sequence, there's a lot of breathing room otherwise.

Edited by Simple Rick