error code

Stargazer2600

So i'm 4 days into my career mode and today, when i try to start my match i get the CE-34878-0 error every time. I looked it up and many people are getting this and there is no official patch or fix. I tried many of the suggestions people said to do like restarting my system, trying without being connected to the internet, checking for all patches and system updates. However nothing works. Anyone know anything i could try? I really REALLY don't want to lose 4 days worth of work.

25 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So i'm 4 days into my career mode and today, when i try to start my match i get the CE-34878-0 error every time. I looked it up and many people are getting this and there is no official patch or fix. I tried many of the suggestions people said to do like restarting my system, trying without being connected to the internet, checking for all patches and system updates. However nothing works. Anyone know anything i could try? I really REALLY don't want to lose 4 days worth of work.

Have you tried rebuilding your PS4 database or maybe you have a cloud save?

My deepest apologies. I know how frustrating something like this can be. If a solution is to be discovered it will likely be a fellow gamer, NOT 2k.

I likely won't get the plat for WWE 2K16 because of a glitch they wont help me with. From my experience they could care less.

20 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

no i didnt cloud save and wwe is the only game i'm having this issue with so i really dont think i need to wipe my ps4

Rebuilding the database does nothing to your game data or save data. It doesn't delete anything whatsoever. I had a few games crash on me often and when I rebuilt my database, it usually fixed the issue. It is basically like disk defraging your computer and would probably take 10 mins or less, depending on how full your hard drive is. Check it out. http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

Edited by skateak

6 minutes ago, skateak said:

Rebuilding the database does nothing to your game data or save data. It doesn't delete anything whatsoever. I had a few games crash on me often and when I rebuilt my database, it usually fixed the issue. It is basically like disk defraging your computer and would probably take 10 mins or less, depending on how full your hard drive is. http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

and this should fix it?

4 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

and this should fix it?

It might but it isn't a guaranteed fix, just in my own experience it has for me. I have never played WWE 2K17 but it has helped when I have had other games that kept crashing at a specific spot. When I was playing the Uncharted Collection, the game would crash every time I loaded into the game, new game or load game, but after I rebuilt the database, it stopped doing that and I don't think it crashed again. I actually haven't had a game crash since then. The only other advice I would have it the play offline because I have had that stop a game from crashing too but it sounds like you already tried that. Maybe a combination of rebuilding the database and playing offline.

Edited by skateak

24 minutes ago, skateak said:

It might but it isn't a guaranteed fix, just in my own experience it has for me. I have never played WWE 2K17 but it has helped when I have had other games that kept crashing at a specific spot. When I was playing the Uncharted Collection, the game would crash every time I loaded into the game, new game or load game, but after I rebuilt the database, it stopped doing that and I don't think it crashed again. I actually haven't had a game crash since then. The only other advice I would have it the play offline because I have had that stop a game from crashing too but it sounds like you already tried that. Maybe a combination of rebuilding the database and playing offline.

I rebuilt the database. Only took a few minutes annnnnd didn't work..

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago, I was over 1 year into my career mode and every time I tried to advance the game I got the same error. I tried the same suggestions and nothing worked for me, so I just gave up and started over. I'm just glad I got a good amount of the trophies by then so I don't quite have to do everything over but boy is it frustrating that stuff like this happens.

shaneyboy619.png

30 minutes ago, shaneyboy619 said:

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago, I was over 1 year into my career mode and every time I tried to advance the game I got the same error. I tried the same suggestions and nothing worked for me, so I just gave up and started over. I'm just glad I got a good amount of the trophies by then so I don't quite have to do everything over but boy is it frustrating that stuff like this happens.

shaneyboy619.png

I guess i kinda had to start over, I bypassed NXT so I missed the trophy to get that belt, but I was number 3 for the us title :/ now im 3 on NXT. This time im not doing ANY rivals and just going for titles AND im backup saving on the cloud after each PPV

Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 1