Trophy thoughts?

NaseemJohn

1 hour ago, RecodingGenesis said:

For anyone who has trouble with trophies not unlocking here is what helped me:
Break 20 swords and collect all legendary swords - I unlocked both of these on my third playthrough after deciding that I would try it without closing the application.  
Collect all relics - This glitched on me and unlocked when I picked up 6 of the 7 relics in a random NG run. For what it's worth, I didn't pick up the flame.
Complete NG+ - unlocked as soon as I started a new game, so that's cool.

I'll try out the swords one when I have the time.

The same thing happened to me on my second playthrough, although the scythe either breaks my game or doesn't show anything and glitches my attack.

I think that happened with me as well, I didn't even notice until I saw I had the trophy.

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

In terms of difficulty. Is the game challenging?

As someone who has played a variety of games (Now don't go thinking this is Dark Souls) I can easily say that this game is probably 3/10 in difficulty.

But is it challenging? A little bit, you just need to know when to dodge, and when to attack, you might notice that the hit bar can sometimes go off and you will get hit randomly, or while you are climbing a certain tree to a boss you might fall off and die, so that part is a little challenging.

But the really challenging part is the "Leviathan" Boss, it took me two deaths to figure out what I needed to do.

If you got experience its easy sauce, and if you dont? It'll be a learning curve.

Edited by Radical-Cool-Boy

11 hours ago, Radical-Cool-Boy said:

As someone who has played a variety of games (Now don't go thinking this is Dark Souls) I can easily say that this game is probably 3/10 in difficulty.

But is it challenging? A little bit, you just need to know when to dodge, and when to attack, you might notice that the hit bar can sometimes go off and you will get hit randomly, or while you are climbing a certain tree to a boss you might fall off and die, so that part is a little challenging.

But the really challenging part is the "Leviathan" Boss, it took me two deaths to figure out what I needed to do.

If you got experience its easy sauce, and if you dont? It'll be a learning curve.

Thanks. So it's gonna be an easy one for me in that case 

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking The Curse - never popped for me so looks like its glitched.

I suspect you need the previous 6 swords in your inventory with some durability left, ie if one or more are 'broken' they might not count when you pick up the 7th sword.

Developer could you please look into this. I don't want to waste my time playing through again if its not going to unlock the trophy.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:23 PM, StealthID said:

Breaking The Curse - never popped for me so looks like its glitched.

I suspect you need the previous 6 swords in your inventory with some durability left, ie if one or more are 'broken' they might not count when you pick up the 7th sword.

Developer could you please look into this. I don't want to waste my time playing through again if its not going to unlock the trophy.

Did you collect all the swords without turning off the PS4/Closing the application? Basically a 3 hour marathon of having your PS4 on and speedrunning.

Doing that apparently unlocks the trophy, but after collecting them 3 times I finally gave up on this.

8 hours ago, Radical-Cool-Boy said:

Did you collect all the swords without turning off the PS4/Closing the application?

Nope. Not really keen to do that either.

Thats probably the way to do it however, considering you had to break 20 swords in one session for it to register (that was a brilliantly fun 1 hour of grinding).

On 05/06/2017 at 0:30 AM, Red_HoodXX said:

I'll be picking this up once I finish Prey. 

Strongly advise against it. Combat has some of the dodgiest hit detection I've seen in a game, and the graphics are horribly low resolution (must be 480p or so). Not to mention the trophy problems.

Wasted 3hrs trying to get all the swords in one session, only to encounter a game breaking bug on the way to the last sword.???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StealthID said:

Strongly advise against it. Combat has some of the dodgiest hit detection I've seen in a game, and the graphics are horribly low resolution (must be 480p or so). Not to mention the trophy problems.

Wasted 3hrs trying to get all the swords in one session, only to encounter a game breaking bug on the way to the last sword.1f621.png1f621.png1f621.png

Must really suck. Gonna

hold out on this one cause I hate buggy trophies they tend to really piss me off 

• 8 months later...

I made a boss guide for this game since I couldn't find a text one anywhere:

The Pale Mask King - Just make the "Pacific" gesture to him and the fight is over.

Leviathan - Very tough if you don't have a few health upgrades since the grab attack will one-shot kill you otherwise. Keep an eye out for the boss in the center of the stage and wait for him to raise a hand out of the giant seed he's in: this signals an attack. He only has 2 attacks, but if you get greedy slashing the small seed in the back of the map (which is how you damage him), you'll die quickly since your health is lowered for this fight, the result of an unavoidable status effect needed to reach him.

Cloud Water: Reaching her is the toughest part. There are probably 30 ascending jumps you need to make to reach the boss stage. Cloud Water only appears after you hit her doppleganger - just one slash on the shadow casting the spears will cause the real Cloud Water to appear. Using the Pistol relic on her is devastating and will kill her in about 5-6 hits. Simply dodge the spears, slash the doppleganger, then go to town on the real Cloud Water, repeat. Be aggressive in this fight. The spears are not as damaging as they might look.

Gorthat - Kite him around the map and periodically shoot him with the Pistol after it recharges. He will shoot slow javelins at you and occasionally poison parts of the map, but these are the only ways he can damage you at range. It's a slow fight but an easy one. 

The First Mistake - The toughest boss in the game, and the "Rom, the Vacuous Spider" of Blade & Bones. He has a guided tentacle attack that can seem to hit you anywhere, until you realize that it's telegraphed by the noise it makes. Whenever part of the screen you hear the noise coming from, dodge in the opposite direction. All his other attack are directly out of the "Old Iron King" fight from Dark Souls 2: a bunch of slow ground pounds where you can wail on his hands. Again, once you learn how to predict the tentacle attack, the fight goes from an 8/10 to a 3/10.

The Traitor - Wait until he kneels to do his flame turret attack then get in 1-2 good hits. While you're waiting for him to use this attack, chip away at his health with the trusty Pistol.

King Watcher - Very neat boss fight. He's a combination of Artorias from Dark Souls and Dragonrider from Dark Souls 2, with a difficulty level somewhere in between. The King seems to be insane or have some severe head trauma as he'll stop and shake his head every few attacks giving you a clear window to attack. When he reaches about 20% health, he'll attack much quicker, but deplete his own health and kill himself in the process. His attacks are a vertical smash that will shoot debris forward, a charge attack, a slam attack into the ground, and two quick slashes from front to back when you try to get behind him. He's very slow but the debris attack has deceptively long range. 

Final Boss - Niro: This guy has the biggest health pool I've ever seen on a Souls-style boss. It took me about 200 hits to kill him on Normal. Luckily, he didn't hit me once due to his very telegraphed move set. Wait until he flies into the air and slams into the ground, then go slash him twice. Then run away. He only moves around the map by doing this attack, so as long as you're not standing still, he'll spam this move over and over allowing you to easily and safely kill him. This is a 7 to 10 minute boss fight simply due to his health pool. 

Overall some decent boss design. There are some trophies that glitch in a good way (only need 6 out of 7 relics, the NG+ trophy popping immediately after starting NG+), but the "Breaking the Curse" trophy is frustrating in how it forces you to collect all 7 swords in one sitting. The game had some great ideas and art design but way too many typos on the loading screens and lore stones. Also I only found one "style" during my whole playthrough - I wish this mechanic was used more. I'd like to see more from the devs of this game, as long as they add more polish to their next game. 

Edited by Red_HoodXX

• 6 months later...