The Midnight Club trophy not unlocking

Am4z1n9_AZ

Unfortunately the online in this game is incredibly frustrating when it comes to unlocking trophies. I know I had issues with unlocking "Stick em up" where I had to rob all 20 stores. Despite me doing it multiple times with the same character, the trophy wouldn't unlock. In the end I had to create a new character and rob all 20 stores again before the trophy finally popped. I know it is not ideal but you could try creating a new character (makes sure you save the character in the character 1 slot) and win 5 races with a custom car again.

30 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Does the Social Club let you track this stuff?

It's been a few years since I popped my GTA V plats and don't remember, but if it does, maybe a couple just didn't count and you can try again? I don't know dude.

The Social Club only keeps track of any races you have entered (not just custom races). IIRC, the platinum awards keep track of the custom races you can win. However, I don't think this is an issue of races not counting. As @Am4z1n9_AZ mentioned, he has won a lot of races in a custom vehicle and the trophy isn't popping. A quick scan on the internet seems to suggest this is a common occurrence. I recommend that you do as I suggested in an earlier post and create a new character. Alternatively you can try the following suggestions:

Possible Solution # 1 (For any/all trophies):
1) Boot your PS4.
2) In the cross media bars (PS4's home menu), go to "Trophies" and hit X.
3) Once the trophies list loads, hit the Options button on your controller.
4) Highlight "Sync trophies with PSN" and hit X.
5) Launch GTA V/O and check to see if your trophies have popped.

Possible Solution # 2 (Only if you are missing any of the following trophies: "Three-bit Gangster, "Making Moves," "Above the Law." If you're not missing any of those three trophies, please skip to Solution # 3):
1) Launch GTA Online with the affected character.
2) Level up in personal rank (not the same as crew rank).
3) Check to see if any of these three missing trophies pop.
4) Repeat steps 2 & 3 a few times to see if the trophies pop.

Possible Solution # 3 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Launch GTA V story mode.
2) When the game loads, go to online mode ("invite-only" or "Go" will work).
3) Once Online loads, go immediately back to story mode by selecting "Leave GTA Online" in the "Online" Menu.
4) Repeat steps 2-3 a few times and see if the trophies pop.

Possible Solution # 4 (For any/all missing trophies. NOTE: only works if you have a disposable character that you don't care about losing, or no character in the other slot):
1) Create a new character in your alternate character slot (whichever slot is not your main character). NOTE: Do NOT delete your main/favorite character.
2) Watch the intro movie and don't skip anything.
3) After Lamar drops the character off in the parking lot, walk toward the blue race circle to start it. By now, the trophies may have popped. If not, walk toward the race circle, start the race, complete the race, and see if the trophies will pop.
4) Check for your trophies if you haven't already.

Possible Solution # 5 (For any/all missing trophies. NOTE: Please only try these steps if you have already successfully transferred your character(s) from a previous-generation console (PS3, X360) to a next-gen console (PS4, XB1). If you have not done a successful transfer yet, please skip these steps and try Solution # 6):
1) Boot up GTA V and load into story mode.
2) Once the game loads in, hit Start.
3) Go to "Online"
4) Highlight "Character Transfer" and hit X.
5. You'll get a black screen with a small message, hit X.
6. You will get another black screen after that with a much larger message, just hit X again and let it load into GTA Online.
7) Check your trophies again. NOTE: You may have to repeat this process several times to get all the achievements to start unlocking.

Possible Solution # 6 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Power down your console.
2) Log into Rockstar Games Social Club using a PC or mobile device.
3) Select Settings in the top right drop down menu.
4) Select Linked Accounts.
5) Un-link the PSN ID you have linked to this Social Club Account.
6) Wait for a few seconds.
7) Re-link the PSN ID you had linked to this Social Club Account.
8) Boot your console, launch GTA, and check for your trophies.

On 26/06/2017 at 3:08 PM, Miles_Warren said:

Unfortunately the online in this game is incredibly frustrating when it comes to unlocking trophies. I know I had issues with unlocking "Stick em up" where I had to rob all 20 stores. Despite me doing it multiple times with the same character, the trophy wouldn't unlock. In the end I had to create a new character and rob all 20 stores again before the trophy finally popped. I know it is not ideal but you could try creating a new character (makes sure you save the character in the character 1 slot) and win 5 races with a custom car again.

Is there a way of making a new character in slot 1 without deleting my current online character?

Honestly, I actually can't remember. It has been well over a year since I last played this game and I have a terrible memory when it comes to this stuff lol I'm trying to remember if my original created character was in slot 1 or slot 2...? Surely I wouldn't have saved him in slot 2 if I had the choice. 

Can anybody else help in this matter?

Have you tried doing the other suggestions I mentioned? I came across them when I was having trouble popping my trophy for robbing 20 stores. Somebody contacted Rockstar support and they sent him those suggestions.

Online trophies in this game is indeed buggy as hell. I personally had problems with few trophies myself but especially the one called "crew cut". Only got it after trying everything I could several times over - creating a new account and joining IGN crew straight after, powering down console, unlink/relink social club, etc.