Over Rated!

Toogie53

I played through this and found myself wondering why this is the game that everyone blabs about as far as Tell Tale Games go. It seems weird that this is the one that put them on the proverbial map. The story is pretty good, but the presentation is poor in my opinion. People's facial expressions are insane all the time. Someone says something surprising to Lee... the camera switches to Lee with a neutral expression... three seconds later Lee's eyebrows raise and eyes open wider. I found these delayed reactions to the conversation beats very annoying. They also hadn't quite figured out how to piece their story together flawlessly at this point. I'd see strange things like, people having a quiet conversation then a character will randomly shout a line of dialogue like he's angry. This is very true at the end of the game for characters like Kenny who have more involved story lines and have a multitude of possible history inputs to the current conversation. However, it happens even for new characters. Weird as hell. 

Edited by Toogie53

Hmm... I wonder if it was a just glitchy install or something. Either way, it was really throwing me off and made that game feel like a grind to the end. I usually enjoy these types of games even though they don't have a lot of challenge to them. I'm two episodes into season two and not seeing the same type of issues. I've also played other TTG titles on PS4 and Xbox and they seem fine too. It's just this specific one where I was wondering why people were so crazy about it. 

Edited by Toogie53

I love the shit out of the Walking Dead games.

However, you're absolutely right. Telltale are fucking pisspoor gamemakers and clearly just amateur filmmakers who can't work a camera at all so they went with games. The setpieces and characters and even the dialogue at times can be quite good, but the games themselves, the gameplay, the engine, the glitches, the crashes, the shitty animations, everything, all of it, in every one of their games, is fucking dreadful and it's a god damn shame.

I'm not asking for Until Dawn in every one of their games, you'd go broke, but there's a middle ground, fuckers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I love the shit out of the Walking Dead games.

However, you're absolutely right. Telltale are fucking pisspoor gamemakers and clearly just amateur filmmakers who can't work a camera at all so they went with games. The setpieces and characters and even the dialogue at times can be quite good, but the games themselves, the gameplay, the engine, the glitches, the crashes, the shitty animations, everything, all of it, in every one of their games, is fucking dreadful and it's a god damn shame.

I'm not asking for Until Dawn in every one of their games, you'd go broke, but there's a middle ground, fuckers.

I got Tales From The Borderlands from PS+ and finished it recently and all of that shit was there and I get so sick of playing their games, but the story was fan-fucking-tastic.  I can't stand their game mechanics.  It's a slog, but storywise they are pretty damn good.  

To OP, eh, opinions and all.  It's okay to not like what other people do.  I can only play one of their games a year or I get mad.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1