Time Trial Questions

In particular, for the motorbike levels, I understand you need to win the race as well, but do you also need to hit any boxes around? Or will just bolting to the finish line suffice for a gold relic?

Also, for the levels Hang 'Em High and Tomb Wader... what is the most efficient way to get gold on those? I've got sapphire on them, but not sure how I can improve my time is all.  Tomb Wader I know I need to improve my time a fair bit, by around 30 seconds, not sure about Hang 'Em High off the top of my head.

And before I forget, Eggipus Rex, I take it since no boxes are present in that level, you just need to book it to the end?

No you dont need to get all the boxes during the bike time trial, you can even decide to not get any at all and still get a relic if lucky.

Tomb wader is the one with the water rising right? Well i did that first try, all i was doing was slide + jump + hurricane spin to the metal crates or if possible to the stairs leading to next section. Be sure to have the running boots power up aswell

Edited by Kyl542

41 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

No you dont need to get all the boxes during the bike time trial, you can even decide to not get any at all and still get a relic if lucky.

Tomb wader is the one with the water rising right? Well i did that first try, all i was doing was slide + jump + hurricane spin to the metal crates or if possible to the stairs leading to next section. Be sure to have the running boots power up aswell

Yeah, I do have the boots, I have defeated Cortex as is, been using them boots often.

As for the bike ones, that's good to know I don't need to get all the time boxes... I'll probably then get one or two to be safe x.x

Edit: Just tried Road Crash, it seems like you would need to break as many boxes as you can, but luckily enough, not needing to win first place,  Came like 3rd or 2nd and got the sapphire relic (wasn't fast enough for the gold, tried again, did worse).

Edited by DrakeHellsing

7 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I do have the boots, I have defeated Cortex as is, been using them boots often.

As for the bike ones, that's good to know I don't need to get all the time boxes... I'll probably then get one or two to be safe x.x

Edit: Just tried Road Crash, it seems like you would need to break as many boxes as you can, but luckily enough, not needing to win first place,  Came like 3rd or 2nd and got the sapphire relic (wasn't fast enough for the gold, tried again, did worse).

The road race relics are a bit of a pain. I think I skipped a few boxes and still ended up with Gold. There's one box on Road Crash that makes it likely you will slam into one of the police cars (police car, box, police car part of the level). Try not to ever go into the dirt, it slows you down a lot. At the curvy road part, just break enough to stay on the road, just practice that part a bit. Sometimes you can use the cars as shields around curves to keep your bike on the road. Something to keep in mind.

• 5 years later...

One tip for those of you doing the relics on the races, I noticed that you can just wait for a bit at the gate (around 20-25s) before hitting the timer to not have to worry about all the annoying opponents bumping you off the road, makes those relics a little bit more manageable, but they were still the most annoying ones to do IMO...