Unlocking Grounded+ Mode

I'm not for sure if it is different than the PS3 version of the game, but of I remember correctly in order to unlock the plus version of a difficulty you need to beat the regular version of the difficulty first (aka you need to beat grounded before playing grounded+).

• Like 1

I can confirm that you need to beat Grounded mode first, and not another difficulty, before you can unlock Grounded mode +. I can also confirm that Grounded mode+ is much easier than Grounded because you can carry over your upgrades and you will know the layout of the map and the enemy AI a lot better this time. Have fun!

• Like 2

You can however exploit the game and start it on easy play-through the prologue as soon as you finish it exit out and quit then all difficulties will be unlocked in the chapter select menu where you can select Grounded Mode+, this exploit has been around a while and will save you at least five play-throughs minimum. Hope it helps.

see link for video and guide for how to 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/243684-faq-howto-2-playthrough-new-game-glitch.html

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

used the exploit!

do weapons carry over? got my backpack in chapter 1, and there aren't any weapons from my previous playthrough. but somehow all my training-manuals, supplement progress, mechanic parts and artifacts did carry over.. can i equip my weapons from the previous playthrough at a certain point in the game? really wanna know, before i'm starting with the grounded+ mode, could save me a lot of time...o

EDIT// weapon do NOT carry over, you have to pick the up again. only the upgrades do carry over!

Edited by zeit86geist

• 2 weeks later...