The current weekly extreme challenge - glitched only for some?

RachelCharlotte

Around 500m there is a jump that this stupid character seems uncapable of clearing. Falling in the pit close to the beginning put me in a position where I'd get a bronze cup while making it almost all the way to the right may result in gold ? Could it be there is another diamond cup in store already?

No, unfortunately not! I tried several times, this disgusting creature jumps over the moving platform no matter where I put it, but a few people have reached distances that prove that somehow they got past this point. Is there a trick to it or did a glitch within the glitch help them out? I'm completely out of ideas.

I used to have this problem too, and unfortunately alot of it is luck and random. 

Just try doing different things;like instead of quickly throwing open gates, let Globox hug it for a while. Or dont tickle enemies. I myself had to experiment with different things before I got to the bare diamond minimum.

9 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

In general this seems like a good idea - but I don't think it can be applied here very well. The obstacle directly before is this pit with two trampolines where you have to pull up the spiky boxes so there is not much I can do differently.

I also have no idea how people are getting past this point to achieve scores like 5 km. Tried everything: not moving the horizontal platform so he jumps directly to the cushion or hugs the vertical one; moving it to the middle and quickly moving the vertical one up in case he hugs it. Anyway, nothing seems to work. Lots of people are clearly stuck there as well, since I'm on my way to getting gold only by jumping across the platforms.

This was absolutely not a glitch ! This configuration (with two pillars to push up) leads time to time (depends only on the path just after), to have too more speed and your character is unable to correctly jump on the path after. So it's "simple", you just have to slow down your character to recover the correct speed. And the technic to slow down is shown here on an old video I made on this special configuration I named "omega" :

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

This was absolutely not a glitch ! This configuration (with two pillars to push up) leads time to time (depends only on the path just after), to have too more speed and your character is unable to correctly jump on the path after. So it's "simple", you just have to slow down your character to recover the correct speed. And the technic to slow down is shown here on an old video I made on this special configuration I named "omega" :

Thanks! I forgot to post here, but I eventually figured it out by myself. Too bad I didn't have the time to practice this week since this was an "easy" plat cup. The guy on the 7th position had like 2.400m, which is VERY doable. I managed more or less 1K with very little practice. Hope future Murfy's Dungeons are as "easy".

16 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

This was absolutely not a glitch ! This configuration (with two pillars to push up) leads time to time (depends only on the path just after), to have too more speed and your character is unable to correctly jump on the path after. So it's "simple", you just have to slow down your character to recover the correct speed. And the technic to slow down is shown here on an old video I made on this special configuration I named "omega"

Thanks, that's really helpful and I don't think I ever would have thought of pushing Globox down to lose speed. Still, how can you be so sure that this is not a glitch? Obviously the developers didn't put much effort into the A.I. when Murphy is involved, but expecting this kind of manipulation of the character's speed seems to be extreme compared to the rest of the challenges.

18 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Thanks! I forgot to post here, but I eventually figured it out by myself. Too bad I didn't have the time to practice this week since this was an "easy" plat cup. The guy on the 7th position had like 2.400m, which is VERY doable. I managed more or less 1K with very little practice. Hope future Murfy's Dungeons are as "easy".

It was even 2100m, and no real difficulies until there ;) but, indeeed, when an "omega' appear (even more if this is combined with a rope rather than an horizontal platform) only very few players know how to succeed this path : so there are more spots for diamonds (but only on a weekly challenge)

5 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

Thanks, that's really helpful and I don't think I ever would have thought of pushing Globox down to lose speed. Still, how can you be so sure that this is not a glitch? Obviously the developers didn't put much effort into the A.I. when Murphy is involved, but expecting this kind of manipulation of the character's speed seems to be extreme compared to the rest of the challenges.

Not really, cause some manipulations on other paths are much difficult than that, but there are just at higher distances. This (rare) manipulation is the only one that is difficult before the repetitive paths of the second phase of the challenge. But, indeed, and compared with the WiiU touchscreen version of this challenge : contrary on vita, the character never gain a speed boost on this path, and slow down naturally (so there are no touch difficulty here on wiiU). However, on WiiU, any "4 sliders in the wind" phase is almost never doable, because of a bad speed programmation of the character (at best, no one can succeed more than 4 or 5 of these paths : it's too random and need too much manipulations, with never 100% guarantee of success), so the entire challenge could be considered as "glitched" on WiiU, each time, if you have to play it with a touch-screen configuration (100% of the extreme challenges). So this little "funny" path (yes this is fun to succeed when you know how to do it ;) ), that occurs time to time on vita is not really annoying and not a glitch path, cause you can succeed it each time at 100%, only with skills.

More than that, a real glitch is that : 

Edited by Arkiokin

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2017 at 1:37 PM, Arkiokin said:

It was even 2100m, and no real difficulies until there ;) but, indeeed, when an "omega' appear (even more if this is combined with a rope rather than an horizontal platform) only very few players know how to succeed this path : so there are more spots for diamonds (but only on a weekly challenge)

Not really, cause some manipulations on other paths are much difficult than that, but there are just at higher distances. This (rare) manipulation is the only one that is difficult before the repetitive paths of the second phase of the challenge. But, indeed, and compared with the WiiU touchscreen version of this challenge : contrary on vita, the character never gain a speed boost on this path, and slow down naturally (so there are no touch difficulty here on wiiU). However, on WiiU, any "4 sliders in the wind" phase is almost never doable, because of a bad speed programmation of the character (at best, no one can succeed more than 4 or 5 of these paths : it's too random and need too much manipulations, with never 100% guarantee of success), so the entire challenge could be considered as "glitched" on WiiU, each time, if you have to play it with a touch-screen configuration (100% of the extreme challenges). So this little "funny" path (yes this is fun to succeed when you know how to do it ;) ), that occurs time to time on vita is not really annoying and not a glitch path, cause you can succeed it each time at 100%, only with skills.

More than that, a real glitch is that : 

Interesting. On THIS week's weekly challenge, at around 1.100m, there's a formation exactly like the one at the very start of the video above: three spiked pillars on a gusty section, followed by one spiked pillar after two fiery eyeballs. On the video above, you breeze through them by simply lowering the first and third one of the first part and lowering the single one after it. If I do the exact same thing on this week's challenge, I hug the spikes and it's game over. Basically, the game requires a different tactics for the exact same obstacle. I managed to get past this a couple of times by quickly raising the first pillar and gaining momentum to jump directly to the third one (while lowering it), and then doing the same on the single one afterwards. But the timing is VERY STRICT and hard to get it right. Frankly, these challenges are quite broken and character velocity is all over the place when it comes to more complex obstacles.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

22 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Interesting. On THIS week's weekly challenge, at around 1.100m, there's a formation exactly like the one at the very start of the video above: three spiked pillars on a gusty section, followed by one spiked pillar after two fiery eyeballs. On the video above, you breeze through them by simply lowering the first and third one of the first part and lowering the single one after it. If I do the exact same thing on this week's challenge, I hug the spikes and it's game over. Basically, the game requires a different tactics for the exact same obstacle. I managed to get past this a couple of times by quickly raising the first pillar and gaining momentum to jump directly to the third one (while lowering it), and then doing the same on the single one afterwards. But the timing is VERY STRICT and hard to get it right. Frankly, these challenges are quite broken and character velocity is all over the place when it comes to more complex obstacles.

Haha, in fact it's not the same at 1100m than in the video upstairs ;) In almost all configurations, this path is always easy to suceed : you lower the first spiky pillar as soon as possible (as soon as it appears on the right of the screen, with a tiny delay of 1 or 2 seconds to do it), and lower the third, then the 4th is the only thing to do and it will always work. Always ? not at all in a single configuration : if this path is preceded by the path where you have to break 3 bone-wall then moving an horizontal platform, well you will dead with this classic lowering pillars. This is, without doubt, the hardest configuration you can find on a murfy's vita challenge. I named it an "alpha" configuration. On this challenge there are one at 1100m, another at 2600m and 2 others at 14.6km and 14.8km and that's all until 21km. Look my videos (and the commentary inside, to understand more how succeed an alpha configuration) . If the alpha configuration did'nt exist this challenge would be much more easy and I would reach each time 30km+, but it's very difficult for anyone to succeed more than 2 alphas (and very difficult for me to succeed more than 6 or 7) so...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Haha, in fact it's not the same at 1100m than in the video upstairs ;) In almost all configurations, this path is always easy to suceed : you lower the first spiky pillar as soon as possible (as soon as it appears on the right of the screen, with a tiny delay of 1 or 2 seconds to do it), and lower the third, then the 4th is the only thing to do and it will always work. Always ? not at all in a single configuration : if this path is preceded by the path where you have to break 3 bone-wall then moving an horizontal platform, well you will dead with this classic lowering pillars. This is, without doubt, the hardest configuration you can find on a murfy's vita challenge. I named it an "alpha" configuration. On this challenge there are one at 1100m, another at 2600m and 2 others at 14.6km and 14.8km and that's all until 21km. Look my videos (and the commentary inside, to understand more how succeed an alpha configuration) . If the alpha configuration did'nt exist this challenge would be much more easy and I would reach each time 30km+, but it's very difficult for anyone to succeed more than 2 alphas (and very difficult for me to succeed more than 6 or 7) so...

Hum... interesting. Thanks for the reply!

I will try again later, but I don't remeber waiting more than 1 or 2 seconds before lowering the first pillar. In any case, you're the pro haha. I'll try again and share my results. Still have a few days left anyway!

EDIT: lowered the first pillar as soon as it appeared, with no delay: still hugging the second one. You mean I HAVE to wait 1-2 seconds? So it is not as soon as it appears. IMO, timing shouldn't be this strict, this is borderline programming error.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

1 hour ago, Karlsson89 said:

Unrelated question: How much time does one of those 30+ km runs take you? Even if you're successful in the first try, I'd imagine it's a lot.

for a murfy's challenge it's near 50 minutes to do 30km (10minutes for 6000m)

for a tower challenge and a pit challenge it's near 30 minutes for 10km (so 1 hour for 20km  or 5 hours for 100km on a pit for very big runs)

for a land challenge it's near 40 minutes for 30km

And for a dojo as many lums as you can challenge it's 1 hour for 10000 lums

1 hour ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Hum... interesting. Thanks for the reply!

I will try again later, but I don't remeber waiting more than 1 or 2 seconds before lowering the first pillar. In any case, you're the pro haha. I'll try again and share my results. Still have a few days left anyway!

EDIT: lowered the first pillar as soon as it appeared, with no delay: still hugging the second one. You mean I HAVE to wait 1-2 seconds? So it is not as soon as it appears. IMO, timing shouldn't be this strict, this is borderline programming error.

Waiting 1 second max should be a good delay, but ONLY for classic 4 pillars in the wind phase (you have less time if the phase is preceded by a fire eyes phase for example), and this is NOT the case for the one at 1100m (cause it's an "alpha" configuration) so the delay means NOTHING in this case, because it's not a range of time where you have to lower the first pillar but some different points of time only. More than that you have to do some more manipulations (all explanations are in the videos and in the comments of the 6400m vid: too complicated to say more here) So the timing, in general, is not very strict, it's totally doable without any problems (except in an alpha configuration, but it's a rare configuration and unlucky on this challenge it's appear at the very beginning...)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

Waiting 1 second max should be a good delay, but ONLY for classic 4 pillars in the wind phase (you have less time if the phase is preceded by a fire eyes phase for example), and this is NOT the case for the one at 1100m (cause it's an "alpha" configuration) so the delay means NOTHING in this case, because it's not a range of time where you have to lower the first pillar but some different points of time only. More than that you have to do some more manipulations (all explanations are in the videos and in the comments of the 6400m vid: too complicated to say more here) So the timing, in general, is not very strict, it's totally doable without any problems (except in an alpha configuration, but it's a rare configuration and unlucky on this challenge it's appear at the very beginning...)

I see what you mean now. So the one on this week's challenge IS what you call an alpha, with specific timing for lowering the first pillar. I read the comments on the video, thanks again. Although I do think the timing is too strict in this particular case, specially since the window is so much broader on regular 4 pillar configurations.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

Take a look on the 7400m video, where I manage to succeed 2 alpha configurations, and see how I make it (I will make another video on murfy's challenges with ALL the paths and ALL the difficulties on it. I have already recorded all the paths I need, except one (very rare) I wait for, to finalyse this complete tutorial vid. I waited since 4 months for it now, and I can wait some months again, but this vid will appear one day on youtube ^^

• Like 1