Suggestion: Combined PSN Profiles

The site gets its info from Sony so unless they start doing that I don't see how the site would. Also that would lead people to combining their accounts with others to get higher on leaderboards etc.

No, the better idea is stop changing your PSN ID and just stick with the name you have

• Like 3

I've seen posts elsewhere asking if this is possible within PSN (which it's not), but there's no reason the site couldn't download both IDs separately and combine them. It would need to be a one-time thing so you wouldn't be able to merge any random accounts into yours to avoid leaderboard issues, maybe have them verified using the About Me page too.

Yes, I agree it is a much better idea to stop changing PSN ID, hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

Here's my idea: the possibility to add aliases to a profile. So the old usernames still have their own profile page and no ranking etc. gets combined but they can at least be linked to another profile page.

Now I don't have multiple accounts, but I could imagine a solution where on my PSN Profile page it says "Sicho's PSN Profile" and then next to it could be something like "(also known as XYZ and ABC)" with XYZ and ABC being clickable usernames that link to the profile pages of those usernames.

So while it would not be a merging, a player could at least let visitors now that he also has other profiles where he has trophies unlocked.

Or you could create merged accounts with the caveat that those accounts are automatically exempt from leaderboards etc.

35 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Why not just put the trophy cards for those other two accounts into your signature. That way everyone will know your previous achievements on the two dormant accounts too. 

that's true for the forums but not for visitors of his profile ;)

• Like 1

An AKA link on the profile would be a good start. I was thinking more so I could see my overall progress, total rank and trophies without having to get a calculator out. I would be willing to forfeit my leaderboard position to be able to see this information. How could I merge the figures on a signature card? how do I even do one of those funky signature cards?