Worth buying? (after patch 1.3)

BlueBerry_1337

Worth buying?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To buy or not to buy

• Buy
    • Buy only on sale
    • Do not buy

This game let everyone down when it released. And right now it is on sale. but is it worth buying at all? I have seen the new updates, but is it enough to entertain people? Or does it remain a boring crossover of walking-simulator and minecraft? (at least that's what it looks like to me)

What's your opinion? Is it orth buying now? Did the patch fix what the game was missing?

1 hour ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

This game let everyone down when it released.

I liked it on release , so i would not say "everyone" .  And it gets better and better with these big updates .  Yes some of the content would have been nice on release but it was decent game at start.  Crafting is more complex, base is interesting , missions and reputation gets better (even if i think they should add more depth in mission rep) .

I personly would recomment this game to people who like this typ of games. But discovering , walking , farming is all still huge part of this game and if you think that is boring than , no dont buy it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xionx said:

I liked it on release , so i would not say "everyone" .  And it gets better and better with these big updates .  Yes some of the content would have been nice on release but it was decent game at start.  Crafting is more complex, base is interesting , missions and reputation gets better (even if i think they should add more depth in mission rep) .

I personly would recomment this game to people who like this typ of games. But discovering , walking , farming is all still huge part of this game and if you think that is boring than , no dont buy it.

What I mostly meant was, so much was promised and none of it was there when the game released. That's why it let people down. But I'm not saying that it was bad, because the game did and still does look stunning. But I think it was the hype that 'ruined' its release. People expected so much, and got nothing what they were promised. That's why I'm asking, if it's worth buying now. The latest patch seems to fix its release mistakes. 

12 hours ago, MojoNJojo said:

I voted buy because it is worth it, but I agree the game is not for you. In it's current state NMS is the best non-boring crossover between walking simulator and Minecraft and you either love it or hate it.

I actually love minecraft but only for its multi-player. And I can enjoy walking simulators (I've played Dear Esther, everybody's gone to rapture, ether one). But I love them for their story. The patch seems to fix that, (multi-player sort of, and quests) that's why I'm wondering. 

56 minutes ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

What I mostly meant was, so much was promised and none of it was there when the game released. That's why it let people down. But I'm not saying that it was bad, because the game did and still does look stunning. But I think it was the hype that 'ruined' its release. People expected so much, and got nothing what they were promised. That's why I'm asking, if it's worth buying now. The latest patch seems to fix its release mistakes. 

I actually love minecraft but only for its multi-player. And I can enjoy walking simulators (I've played Dear Esther, everybody's gone to rapture, ether one). But I love them for their story. The patch seems to fix that, (multi-player sort of, and quests) that's why I'm wondering. 

I hear so frequently that people say "it was so much more promised" and when i ask what they mean they always only say "multiplayer" ..   I was following a lot about the advertising of this game and tbh i cant find "so much promised but not in the game" .

Dont get me wrong , there are a lot of disapointed people because they expected way way more , but it was huge made up hype from community.

Perfomance on pc (and ps4) was aweful at start , lot of crashes and bugs and savefile corruption. I absolutly understand the frustration about these issues, most of them are gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

I hear so frequently that people say "it was so much more promised" and when i ask what they mean they always only say "multiplayer" ..   I was following a lot about the advertising of this game and tbh i cant find "so much promised but not in the game" .

Dont get me wrong , there are a lot of disapointed people because they expected way way more , but it was huge made up hype from community.

Perfomance on pc (and ps4) was aweful at start , lot of crashes and bugs and savefile corruption. I absolutly understand the frustration about these issues, most of them are gone.

I'm shocked that people are still using that theory. Here's the list with all the things that were promised and didn't happen at launch. And no, it's not only multiplayer.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MojoNJojo said:

I'm shocked that people are still using that theory. Here's the list with all the things that were promised and didn't happen at launch. And no, it's not only multiplayer.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

Thanks , like i said , i asked few people and always just got the "multiplayer" answer. Nice to see an actual list with quotes.  Good to see they start adding stuff from this list with updates.

I just think a few things of this list is little bit harsh to criticise. Like "we want to add XY feature"  is in dev phase not a promise that it makes it into a game. Or sometimes you have to remove features because they didnt work out (like landing on astroids , or moving freighter) which can cause more problems and glitches than it would add to the game.

Dont get me wrong , they should have been more careful with promises and choosing words. But i see many dev streams and interviews were they talk about features they want add (and never find way into game) and there is no scandal about it.

But thx for link , makes me understand the critics better now.

• Like 2