deactivating ps3 question

melodicmizery

its been a while since ive done this so i have a few questions

i know on pc, you can only deactivate/activate consoles every 6 months, if you do it through your actual system can you do it as much as you want to still?

heres my issue, i bought twisted metal when it first came out. im one of the unfortunate people who had a custom skin. after their website went down years ago, twisted metal tries to load the skin i think and totally crashes my phat ps3. to make things worse this game has a online pass. so i had the disc and online pass on my phat, on ps plus the digital version was free so i also have that with no luck my ps3 crashes disc and digital the game just kills my system.

i recently found a cheap ps3 phat and slim at a garage sale. so far it seems like it works on both, but my issue now is the online pass for the disc wont work because its already activated on 2 systems, and the digital is already on 2 systems.

so basically i need to get twisted metal digital or online pass off of my main ps3 that has all my games i been using for years. this is a few hundred games from ps plus ever since ps plus came out. the only thing i can think of is deactivating my main ps3, so i can use the online pass and digital and the newer ps3s for me and a friend to play on double tvs instead of split screen.

so is there anywhere to just deactivate this one game or do i have to do the whole system? and when we are done with the game can i go right back and reactivate the original system with all my games and be back to how it was. i basically need to just run twisted metal on one of my new ps3s when my friend comes over and then deactivate it when he leaves so i can play my other stuff.

god i miss the days of 5 activations it made life so much easier with all the bricked ps3s ive had in my life. i wish they would of bumped it down to only 3 systems instead of 2. ps3 is such a great system for media like movies and music ive been trying to find more cheap good ones locally to have as backups before they all become extinct lol

im afraid once i hit that deactivation button its going to be like a nuke and my world is going to explode lmao

Nope, you have to deactivate the whole console but you can do it as much as you like from the system. Everything will stay on your phat PS3 and when you re-activate your account on that console, everything should work fine. Should not have any issue switching between consoles when your friend is over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skateak said:

Nope, you have to deactivate the whole console but you can do it as much as you like from the system. Everything will stay on your phat PS3 and when you re-activate your account on that console, everything should work fine. Should not have any issue switching between consoles when your friend is over.

thanks man, trying to get this game to work again has been a never ending nightmare for years that i been trying to fix lol

22 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

thanks man, trying to get this game to work again has been a never ending nightmare for years that i been trying to fix lol

Well, at least your phat didn't died on you so you can deactive and then activate it back with no problems, mine died and I lost all my save data because I had no ps+.

10 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, at least your phat didn't died on you so you can deactive and then activate it back with no problems, mine died and I lost all my save data because I had no ps+.

ah believe me i know how you feel, have had my first ps3 get a black screen of death which made me lose all my saves because it wouldnt restore the hard drive since i had a new one in it there was no firmware to restore so it formatted. then i bought a 1tb usb drive (back then that was the biggest). had my saves on that, and THAT died at the same time as my ps3!!! i literally earlier today just finished resident evil 5 after 8 YEARS because of losing my saves so many times and replaying the story so many times i had got sick of the game. and then i bought a refurbished 40gig(i upgraded it to 1tb) at gamestop as a spare ps3 for friends to play battlefield. well my main ps3 was getting full so i started using that spare 40gb, what do you know about 2 years later it got the ylod so ill never buy a refurbished console from them again i kinda had a feeling that would happen but after a year i thought i was safe i guess not lol. so ive had quite a few bricks and now i try to triple save everything on usb drives in fear of losing everything again. my one friend even got a hold of a original 20gb phat and the bluray wasnt working so i fixed it for him put a new bluray in, within a week it got a ylod and ate the game he rented haha i had to come over and swap blu rays just to get the game out so then he gave me the entire console for parts. i remember when fallout vegas came out, i had just put 100 hours into it and my playstation had froze and got corrupted and again i lost everything. i was so pissed off i had to do another 100 hours just to get back to where i was. ugh the mizery