Invisible Inc. Support group and info Hub

Hemiak

I did a mission last night (it was the easiest of the available missions) to get an "elite item" for my team. The item itself wasn't as good as I hoped (at this point I would kill for better armor piercing weapons - I just have 2 melee weapons with +1 armor piercing and 2 melee weapons with no piercing), but I found another cloaking device from a safe. It's the basic one that gives out after 4 movement tiles, but I'll take it. I have 40ish hours left on the clock, and I'm tempted to pick the farthest destinations to get it down to 0 so I can get this run over with. I found another good program for Incognita too, a firewall break program that costs 3 PWR to break exactly 3 firewalls. It ends up costing less PWR to use that. For example, if you have a safe with 4 Firewall levels, I can use the 2 PWR standard firewall break to drop it to 3 levels, then this new program for another 3 PWR to break the firewall completely. The way I had to do this before was use my level-2 firewall break program that costs 3 PWR, which would cost 6 PWR for that same safe (using it twice). Sure, it's a baby step, but like the cloaking device, I'll take it.

I think the best place to get new weapons would be one of the super nanofab levels. You get your choice of 3 melee, 3 ranged,  and 6 consumables. Just make sure you've got some cash to spend. 

I started my first run on beginner to get a handle on the game, played through to day 5, and then restarted because I didn't really like how things were progressing with my run. 

My 2nd run is on experienced, but seems quite a bit more doable so far. I took banks to unlock doors and Internationale for scouting. Early on I found Sharp, who I really like. He starts with 6 unloxkes augment slots, and gets +1 KO power (duration) for every three augments you give him. Later on I found Olivia, who gets power equal to the amount of KO damage she does. 

On my first run I took power drip and Golem for my starting programs. On paper Golem seems cool, and its still viable, I just wouldn't recommend it as a starting program. Golem costs 4 power to hack 2 firewalls, which is the same cost as lock pick 1.0 for even numbers, but 2 extra for odd numbers. Not great at the start when all the firewalls are level 1. Also a bit rough when level 3 firewalls become common. 

The good thing is that if you don't use it, every turn the cost drops by 1. This means that if you spend a few turns scouting / dealing with guards you can potentially have a 2 firewall hack for 1 or even 0 power. I found it rare that I went more than a turn or two without needing it, so I was almost always spending 3 or 4 per hack, which adds up real quick, especially if you're hacking an odd number of firewalls. 

On my current run I rook fusion and parasite. At least at the start I feel like this was a much better combination. As long as you save enough to activate fusion every time its availabe you get almost double the power every 4 turns. 

Parasite hacks one firewall per turn, and costs 0 +1 for every other parasite already installed. What this means is that at the start of the game you can hack one level 1 firewall for free, two for 1 power, or three for 3 power. Combined with Internationale's ability to remotely discover stuff, this is incredibly powerful in the early game. Even later on you can throw it on a level 4 firewall that doesn't need to immediately be taken down, and just go about your business. I also use it to soften up higher priority targets while I wait doe patrols to clear. Only problem is that by mid-late game, the time requirement becomes a much bigger consideration

I made it to day three with terrible luck in the 2ndary servers I came across. I had only found Taurus (move a daemon for 2 - which is great) and picked up Oracle (hack a random camera foe 4 - which was OK. I hit a server farm on day three and got the absolute worst selection I could imagine. I retired my agency and retried the mission because at that point I was desperate for an insta hack or two. 2nd try I ended up finding lockpick 1.0 and Data Blast (3 power to AOE hack 1 firewall). Neither of these was what I wanted but I decided to go with it and it's working out pretty good. 

Blast is pretty cool. Its cheaper than lock pick with 2 or more targets, and really shines if you have 3 or more in a small area... Assuming the devices are clear of daemons. At one point I had 5 level 3 and 4 firewalls within reach :awesome:

Currently halfway through day 5, with an agency value of just under 40k. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I think the best place to get new weapons would be one of the super nanofab levels. You get your choice of 3 melee, 3 ranged,  and 6 consumables. Just make sure you've got some cash to spend. 

I started my first run on beginner to get a handle on the game, played through to day 5, and then restarted because I didn't really like how things were progressing with my run. 

My 2nd run is on experienced, but seems quite a bit more doable so far. I took banks to unlock doors and Internationale for scouting. Early on I found Sharp, who I really like. He starts with 6 unloxkes augment slots, and gets +1 KO power (duration) for every three augments you give him. Later on I found Olivia, who gets power equal to the amount of KO damage she does. 

On my first run I took power drip and Golem for my starting programs. On paper Golem seems cool, and its still viable, I just wouldn't recommend it as a starting program. Golem costs 4 power to hack 2 firewalls, which is the same cost as lock pick 1.0 for even numbers, but 2 extra for odd numbers. Not great at the start when all the firewalls are level 1. Also a bit rough when level 3 firewalls become common. 

The good thing is that if you don't use it, every turn the cost drops by 1. This means that if you spend a few turns scouting / dealing with guards you can potentially have a 2 firewall hack for 1 or even 0 power. I found it rare that I went more than a turn or two without needing it, so I was almost always spending 3 or 4 per hack, which adds up real quick, especially if you're hacking an odd number of firewalls. 

On my current run I rook fusion and parasite. At least at the start I feel like this was a much better combination. As long as you save enough to activate fusion every time its availabe you get almost double the power every 4 turns. 

Parasite hacks one firewall per turn, and costs 0 +1 for every other parasite already installed. What this means is that at the start of the game you can hack one level 1 firewall for free, two for 1 power, or three for 3 power. Combined with Internationale's ability to remotely discover stuff, this is incredibly powerful in the early game. Even later on you can throw it on a level 4 firewall that doesn't need to immediately be taken down, and just go about your business. I also use it to soften up higher priority targets while I wait doe patrols to clear. Only problem is that by mid-late game, the time requirement becomes a much bigger consideration

I made it to day three with terrible luck in the 2ndary servers I came across. I had only found Taurus (move a daemon for 2 - which is great) and picked up Oracle (hack a random camera foe 4 - which was OK. I hit a server farm on day three and got the absolute worst selection I could imagine. I retired my agency and retried the mission because at that point I was desperate for an insta hack or two. 2nd try I ended up finding lockpick 1.0 and Data Blast (3 power to AOE hack 1 firewall). Neither of these was what I wanted but I decided to go with it and it's working out pretty good. 

Blast is pretty cool. Its cheaper than lock pick with 2 or more targets, and really shines if you have 3 or more in a small area... Assuming the devices are clear of daemons. At one point I had 5 level 3 and 4 firewalls within reach :awesome:

Currently halfway through day 5, with an agency value of just under 40k. 

Data Blast is awesome, I got that in my first (and current) run and I still use it every mission. It's especially useful when you have a guard (or more than one) near safes and other items with firewalls on them. I've gotten a lot of bang for my buck with Data Blast. It's not great for hacking into unexplored rooms because of the "discovered area" restriction, but it is still very useful overall.

At the point I am in the game, almost everything has Daemons on it, which is a pain. I typically just bite the bullet and wait for the Daemon to run out, but last night I found some Daemons that were permanent. Ugh.

I think I came across a Super Nanofab level early in this run, but I foolishly skipped getting anything. Do you remember what those missions are called or how they are shown on the map?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much is upgrading the agents. I think that the Speed attribute is the most useful one to upgrade first, since it lets the agent move farther. Yesterday I started upgrading the attribute that allows for carrying more items. That seems to be very valuable, especially since halfway through a run (with the DLC enabled), you have to find and carry a battery pack to the exit teleporter every mission (which I discovered the hard way). Even -1 AP for one extra item makes a difference, and those item slots are handy as the game gets harder.

I believe the level is called 'Access the Nanofab Terminal'. Central will say "Not all Nonofabs are created equal" when you click on it. If ui  don't have one you could always shoot for an executive terminal to hopefully get one to pop up. Just make sure you have all the credits you need, and the agent doing your shopping has space. As soon as you leave the terminal a bunch of the cameras and stuff will reboot and the alarm will go up. 

Yeah, I'm almost done with day 5 now and Daemons are everywhere. Taurus allows you to push a Daemon to another device for 2 power, but then you might have to deal with it later. Hunter will completely kill a Daemon for 5 power, and an EMP blast will kill Daemons on any devices it effects, as well as completely destroying firewalls and drones. Just make sure there arent any guards within hearing range. Also, this doesn't allow you to actually hack turrets or cameras, and they'll reboot after 2 turns I believe. 

I was rolling in money early  with nothing to buy so I started upgrading my agents. I have everyone up to 3 or 4 strength, because being able to bring, or carry out, more stuff is awesome. All 4 are now at either 3 or 4 speed as well. Inter is at 4 hack / 2 anarchy, Banks is the opposite, and Sharp and Olivia are both 3 anarchy/2 hack. There are just so many fun anarchy toys to play with. I use Inter to hack for power if I need it, since she can do it remotely. For me personally, strength > speed early on. Plus its almost always cheaper to level strength. 

One other thing. Is it me or do the level 4 versions of items actually seem worse than level 3? Granted, its usually a pretty big step up effect wise, but the fact that you get one charge per level unless you carry power cells is rough. I honestly think its better to just get two level 3s if you can find / afford it , since you're effectively wasting a 2nd slot anyway. 

At this point my wish list includes a portable server (or two), a high level volt disruptor (just in case), parasite 2.0, and I need one more program since I haven't taken advantage of the +1 capacity you get after day 4. I'd be open to a lot of things at this point. There's actually a secondary server in my current level, which I've already hacked but haven't been able to reach yet. 

Fun fact : I've never sent agents out individually. I always get all of them out at the same time. (I didn't even realize I could until I read it somewhere. :facepalm:

Fun fact 2 : You can drag an unconscious agent onto the teleport pad and they'll be taken out and healed between missions. :awesome: In case things go bad and you don't have/want to use a heal pack at the end. A uh, friend told me this, I totally didn't have to try this myself while praying. :ninja:

Edited by Hemiak

44 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I believe the level is called 'Access the Nanofab Terminal'. Central will say "Not all Nonofabs are created equal" when you click on it. If ui  don't have one you could always shoot for an executive terminal to hopefully get one to pop up. Just make sure you have all the credits you need, and the agent doing your shopping has space. As soon as you leave the terminal a bunch of the cameras and stuff will reboot and the alarm will go up.

Thanks. I know I've used terminals that have that effect, but I'm not sure if they're the same.

44 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I was rolling in money early  with nothing to buy so I started upgrading my agents. I have everyone up to 3 or 4 strength, because being able to bring, or carry out, more stuff is awesome. All 4 are now at either 3 or 4 speed as well. Inter is at 4 hack / 2 anarchy, Banks is the opposite, and Sharp and Olivia are both 3 anarchy/2 hack. There are just so many fun anarchy toys to play with. I use Inter to hack for power if I need it, since she can do it remotely. For me personally, strength > speed early on. Plus its almost always cheaper to level strength. 

One other thing. Is it me or do the level 4 versions of items actually seem worse than level 3? Granted, its usually a pretty big step up effect wise, but the fact that you get one charge per level unless you carry power cells is rough. I honestly think its better to just get two level 3s if you can find / afford it , since you're effectively wasting a 2nd slot anyway. 

At this point my wish list includes a portable server (or two), a high level volt disruptor (just in case), parasite 2.0, and I need one more program since I haven't taken advantage of the +1 capacity you get after day 4. I'd be open to a lot of things at this point. There's actually a secondary server in my current level, which I've already hacked but haven't been able to reach yet. 

Fun fact : I've never sent agents out individually. I always get all of them out at the same time. (I didn't even realize I could until I read it somewhere. :facepalm:

Fun fact 2 : You can drag an unconscious agent onto the teleport pad and they'll be taken out and healed between missions. :awesome: In case things go bad and you don't have/want to use a heal pack at the end. A uh, friend told me this, I totally didn't have to try this myself while praying. :ninja:

Speed is the most important for me, so that my agents can make it from hiding place to hiding place. That combined with cloaking devices and the occasional running makes a huge difference. However, the set-stats agents make that annoying. My 4th agent (Draco I think) can't upgrade at all, so he's stuck with 8AP or whatever it is while the rest of the team is at 12 or something.

I don't pay close attention to the level of an item. But yeah, screw items with limited uses (versus cooldowns). I always avoid them. To use an example, most of the stim packs use charges (or are single-use, I forget). But I found one that has a cooldown and it's awesome. I'd love 3 more so all my team could have them.

I have teleported agents out individually on occasion. The first time it came up was the first mission where I hacked a drone, and Central said "get that to the jet and we can sell it". Since drones only stay controlled for 2 turns (which is kind of BS honestly), I moved that thing to the teleporter ASAP because my agents weren't ready to teleport out yet. I've teleported out individually a few other times when the situation called for it. For example, when my team was spread out, and the lone agent who scouted the teleporters got spotted, I just warped that agent out and laughed at the guard who spotted me.

Spoiler

1297890.jpg?b64lines=U28gbG9uZywgc3Vja2V

Generally though, I warp all 4 agents out together.

Good to know about dragging unconscious agents out. And far be it from me to assume your evil intentions. :P

Actually I had an interesting thing happen last night. I was on a mission where the guards were using grenades or bombs or something, suddenly one of my undiscovered agents got knocked out. I decided to see what would happen so I kept going and after 2 turns she woke up, with nobody the wiser.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks. I know I've used terminals that have that effect, but I'm not sure if they're the same.

My 4th agent (Draco I think) can't upgrade at all, so he's stuck with 8AP or whatever it is while the rest of the team is at 12 or something.

I don't pay close attention to the level of an item. But yeah, screw items with limited uses (versus cooldowns). I always avoid them. 

Hide contents

1297890.jpg?b64lines=U28gbG9uZywgc3Vja2V

Good to know about dragging unconscious agents out. And far be it from me to assume your evil intentions. :P

Actually I had an interesting thing happen last night. I was on a mission where the guards were using grenades or bombs or something, suddenly one of my undiscovered agents got knocked out. I decided to see what would happen so I kept going and after 2 turns she woke up, with nobody the wiser.

I think the server terminals where you can choose like 8 programs do the same thing. 

Ugh, that sounds annoying. If I had a detention center level I might borrow or sell all his equipment, get him killed at the end of a mission, and then run the detention center next and hope for the best. Probably not as viable this late in the game, but something to think about on later runs. 

Lol. 

And my intentions weren't nefarious.  I just ran into some horrible luck one room for the exit, and didn't feel like back tracking half the level to get a med kit. I'd already stirred up the hornets nest grabbing everything I could on my way out. 

Interesting, I know if you get shot the agent won't wake up without a med kit, so just assumed the grenades worked the same way. Maybe it's a concussion grenade or something. Good thing the guy who threw it didn't find you.

FYI, if one of those grenades lands on the other side of a wall it won't hit you. Its like the pulse drones I guess, they can see you behind cover, but not an actual wall. 

3 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I think the server terminals where you can choose like 8 programs do the same thing. 

Ugh, that sounds annoying. If I had a detention center level I might borrow or sell all his equipment, get him killed at the end of a mission, and then run the detention center next and hope for the best. Probably not as viable this late in the game, but something to think about on later runs. 

Lol. 

And my intentions weren't nefarious.  I just ran into some horrible luck one room for the exit, and didn't feel like back tracking half the level to get a med kit. I'd already stirred up the hornets nest grabbing everything I could on my way out. 

Interesting, I know if you get shot the agent won't wake up without a med kit, so just assumed the grenades worked the same way. Maybe it's a concussion grenade or something. Good thing the guy who threw it didn't find you.

FYI, if one of those grenades lands on the other side of a wall it won't hit you. Its like the pulse drones I guess, they can see you behind cover, but not an actual wall. 

One thing I like to do with Draco is if I run into a lone enemy near the teleporters or in another area I'll come back to, I'll knock him out and leave Draco standing on the same tile, pinning him down. Since Draco is not super useful anyway, this keeps that one guard out of the action. I'd still prefer an agent who could move 12 spaces though. Anyway, I guess I now know why Draco was in a cell waiting to be rescued... he's too damn slow and got caught!

I saw grenades/mines later on after getting surprised by that one, but I did not see that one coming at all. And the weird thing was, I thought a guard walked through the room while she was knocked out. Anyway, it showed the icon over her head with a 2 like the drones do when you take control of them, so I correctly thought she would wake up after 2 turns.

Those pulse drones are annoying, I like to take control of them and use the 2 turns to move them as far away from me (and preferably behind several closed doors) as I can, but they often make their way back over eventually.

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

One thing I like to do with Draco is if I run into a lone enemy near the teleporters or in another area I'll come back to, I'll knock him out and leave Draco standing on the same tile, pinning him down. Since Draco is not super useful anyway, this keeps that one guard out of the action. I'd still prefer an agent who could move 12 spaces though. Anyway, I guess I now know why Draco was in a cell waiting to be rescued... he's too damn slow and got caught!

I saw grenades/mines later on after getting surprised by that one, but I did not see that one coming at all. And the weird thing was, I thought a guard walked through the room while she was knocked out. Anyway, it showed the icon over her head with a 2 like the drones do when you take control of them, so I correctly thought she would wake up after 2 turns.

Those pulse drones are annoying, I like to take control of them and use the 2 turns to move them as far away from me (and preferably behind several closed doors) as I can, but they often make their way back over eventually.

I actually read a little about Draco. Apparently if you go super trigger happy and kill a bunch of people you can max all 5 of his stats by like the 2nd day. He's sill not regarded super highly by most people but there are ways to make him more usefull. 

There are Daemons that increase guards KO resistance. I tasered a dude one turn and he actually stood up the next because guards had +2 KO resist. :o So it knocks them out, adds whatever your weapon + augment KO duration is, then subtracts their resist to set how long they'll stay down. The resist doesn't apply to paralyzers though, since they are already KO'd. 

I like to hack drones, do minimal scouting, and then bring them to an agent to get EMP blasted. Its better if you can get two or three at the same time though. 

Superhelpfultip #273 - you can KO two guys, drag one on top of the other, and pin them both. You can't drop him, but one agent can keep 2 on lockdown indefinitely. 

Edited by Hemiak

12 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I actually read a little about Draco. Apparently if you go super trigger happy and kill a bunch of people you can max all 5 of his stats by like the 2nd day. He's sill not regarded super highly by most people but there are ways to make him more usefull. 

There are Daemons that increase guards KO resistance. I tasered a dude one turn and he actually stood up the next because guards had +2 KO resist. :o So it knocks them out, adds whatever your weapon + augment KO duration is, then subtracts their resist to set how long they'll stay down. The resist doesn't apply to paralyzers though, since they are already KO'd. 

I like to hack drones, do minimal scouting, and then bring them to an agent to get EMP blasted. Its better if you can get two or three at the same time though. 

Superhelpfultip #273 - you can KO two guys, drag one on top of the other, and pin them both. You can't drop him, but one agent can keep 2 on lockdown indefinitely. 

Hmm, I guess you can increase his stats by scanning enemies? I've gotten credits and PWR by scanning, but never stat increases. Maybe that only works with dead guards, and I've only killed by accident (by hacking turrets). I don't even have any lethal weapons.

KO resistance is a pain, as are armor increases (which happen by Daemons or alarm levels sometimes). Thankfully, your tip was solid and last night I managed to get a +2 armor piercing melee disrupter.

You know, I have an EMP but I've never used it! Does that knock the drones out permanently?

Nice, awesome tip! I tried to drop them both on the same tile which didn't work, but since I'm dumb it never occurred to stand on one while holding another.

Last night I did one mission (to get better weapons), and had a really good run. I found the teleporters really early in the mission (Internationale spotted a camera in a room that was just behind my starting area but had several roundabout doors to get there, and hacking the camera showed the teleporters), and it didn't take long to find the nanofab terminal with all the nice upgrades. After I grabbed it, I went to the teleporter to leave. At this point I don't think I had been spotted yet. However, I got there and then got reminded that I have to get a portable power cell for Incognita every mission now. Doh! So I rewound (I got spotted at the beginning of the next turn, since I ran to get to the teleporter), but after trying again it didn't take long to find the power cell and extract. That was Day 5, I think I have 30 hours left or so... so 3+ missions left I guess. I assume the final mission is like the first mandatory one, where it kicks in after getting to 0 (or past it, since I think the game will let you pick a 12-hours-away mission with 5 hours left on the clock for example). I just need to hang in there a bit longer...

@MosesRockefeller

That's what I read at least. Not sure exactly how it works though. But I gathered you need to play super aggressive to get him effective. 

Glad you were able to gear up. And yeah, the emp permanently kills drones. You can even loot 1 power off them.  Everything else reboots eventually, cameras and turrets will need to be rehacked, but safes remain open. Not sure about nanofabs or secondary servers. 

I can't take credit for stacking enemies, but yeah its really nice. If you give that agent paralyzer 3 you can actually babysit three guards indefinitely. Whenever one is going to wake up, drop your guard next to the other one, use paralyze, pick the guy up, and camp again. 

Yeah, on the last day you can choose any mission even if you have even one hour left. 

Lol, I totally forgot the power cell on my first mission after day 4. :facepalm:

-----------------

I have some awesome news, and some very very sad news. 

I ended up playing for about three hours last night and was able to get from day 5 with 16 hours left, to the end of the game. I ran 3 or 4 missions, picked up a new program (Wisp which seems useful), two new augments + a third slot for Inter, I found a 2nd and then 3rd cloak III, and two more Thermal Disruptors 3s. I was also able to purchase a level 3 shock trap, and found another level 3 buster chip 

I moved some of my equipment around just berore starting but I went to the final mission with this basically. 

Agent - speed/hack/strength/anarchy 

Internationale - 5/4/5/2 - 3 augments 

2x cloak 3, EMP 3, thermal 3, stim 3, flurry gun (unlimited shots during one turn, one use per mission, fatal damage, +2 armor pierce(this is the oh shit gun)) 

Banks - 5/2/4/4 - 2 aug

Buster chip 3, stim 2, cloak 3, shock trap 3, paralyze 4, gun (2 shots, KO2 damage, +2 pierce) 

Sharp - 5/3(augment)/5/4 - 6 aug

2x thermal 3, stim 4&2, paralyze 3

Olivia - 4/2/4/4 - 1 aug

Buster 3, thermal 3, paralyze 2, shock 1, 

gun(1 shot / 6 turns, KO2, +2 pierce) 

With this crew and set up I had a pretty good time of it and everybody made it through, which isn't required for success. The game ends right after and wipes your save so sacrificing a member to succeed is an option. 

I won't spoil the mission or ending, I will however tell you that you will face guards with up to 4 armor. This means that you either need a +3 pierce weapon and an augment, or shock traps. Not sure if grenades would work, I only found one and never used it. 

After finishing I got enough XP that I unlocked like 8 new agents and I think an extra program or two.  I look forward to playing with some more of the different combinations. 

Now the bad news.... I didn't earn a single trophy. :o When I started I hit Experienced, and then looked through the settings. Apparently I scrubbed up somewhere and it counted as a custom difficulty run, thereby invalidating the difficulty trophies. :rage: 

I'm going to see if I unlocked Faust + Brimstone yet. If so I might turn of CP, and do that run with Central and either Prism or Archive Banks, to get a feel for them. If not I might just jump into my regular full expert run.  I think I'm going to do a regular expert CP run, and then a 2nd expert without CP for 0 rewinds. 

Peobably going to finish up something easy first though, last night really hurt. :(

Edited by Hemiak

13 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Now the bad news.... I didn't earn a single trophy. :o When I started I hit Experienced, and then looked through the settings. Apparently I scrubbed up somewhere and it counted as a custom difficulty run, thereby invalidating the difficulty trophies. :rage: 

I'm going to see if I unlocked Faust + Brimstone yet. If so I might turn of CP, and do that run with Central and either Prism or Archive Banks, to get a feel for them. If not I might just jump into my regular full expert run.  I think I'm going to do a regular expert CP run, and then a 2nd expert without CP for 0 rewinds. 

Peobably going to finish up something easy first though, last night really hurt. :(

Oh shit. That sucks. I was extra careful to make sure my settings were not on Custom. On the plus side, you learned how to play better, so there's that as a positive.

Prism is the other agent I rescued before Draco, she's pretty good but not amazing. I think her special ability is getting PWR back randomly when you hack devices.

I guess the Expert 0 Rewinds run could be made a bit easier with the old "backup your savefile after every mission" trick, but that wouldn't help within missions, it would just keep you from scrubbing the whole run.

55 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh shit. That sucks. I was extra careful to make sure my settings were not on Custom. On the plus side, you learned how to play better, so there's that as a positive.

Prism is the other agent I rescued before Draco, she's pretty good but not amazing. I think her special ability is getting PWR back randomly when you hack devices.

I guess the Expert 0 Rewinds run could be made a bit easier with the old "backup your savefile after every mission" trick, but that wouldn't help within missions, it would just keep you from scrubbing the whole run.

I thought it automatically said custom after changing the rewinds :facepalm: Well you live and learn, or I guess I live and you learn. 

Prisms power is suoposed to be OK, but if you take her as a starting agent she has a disguise item that works similar to a cloak rig, but keeps running as long as you have power, which is stupid good. 

Another guy in considering is Xu. His regular version has a small emp he can use as a melee attack, once per turn. He can open safes without hacking or setting off Daemons. He can also basically punch a drone to death with this item. :awesome: Sounds like a lot of fun to use. 

Honestly I probably rewound less than 10 times in my entire experienced CP run so I feel like as long as I play it safe I should be able to finish the standard campaign without too much trouble. (Last words. :facepalm: ) Although I did reset once to get something useable out of a primary server. I'll probably back up every few missions, and def before the day 4 one. 

So instead of taking a break like a sane person I started over on expert two nights ago. I took Fusion/Parasite again and took Archive Banks and Dr. Xu. I saw a detention center on day one but at that point didn't feel like I had enough money and items to be worthwhile so I skipped it. 

Well, it disappeared after a couple hours and I didn't see another one until day three. :facepalm: I even ran an executive terminal mission on day 2 to see if I could get one, no dice. It was really interesting playing a bit of mid game with only two agents. I think in both my previous runs I had three by day two and four early in day three.

Anyway, after rescuing Sharp (Yay), another detention center popped on the map immediately. So I ran that, but ended up getting a regular prisoner. Regular prisoners have 6 ap :o , no special abilities, and (obviously) no weapons. Escorting them to the door gets you a bunch of credits. So I went into the old final mission with A.Banks, Xu, and Sharp. 

Usually mission one of day 4 goes really easy and mission 2 turns into a total cluster Fffff. On part one this time, I made some bad decisions early, but things lookes doable, so I continued. I think I had everybody but Monster knocked out at least once during the mission, and ended up dragging Xu out of the level. Even ended up using two flash grenades I found during the level. Never even used a rewind, as I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible, but man things were really dicey for about 75% of the level. 

Part two on the other hand was a complete cake walk. The room I started in had two doors, but one was locked. The next room was a huge long room with a bunch of guys, but every other turn the side I started on was completely open, and the one door I could get to easily had the objective.

I basically went there, passed about half my turns, popped the safe with Xu and exited the level. I did remember to take Monst3rs gun before finishing the level, so I have a new toy to play with. 

I've been fortunate enough to find two penetration scanners (+1 melee armor pierce) so with a thermal III and a volt III, Sharp has +5 armor pen and +4 armor pen. On the other hand I've only found level 1 paralyzers and stims, so im not actually carrying any of those. I also only found one level 3 cloak, and I found it long before I had the cash to spend on it. Definitely planning on hitting a nanofab ASAP. 

I'm rocking fusion still, I picked up data blast and lockpick 1 again. I picked up hunter this time to kill Daemons for 5 power. But with Xu's ability to bypass them on safes and vaults I honestly wish I had Taurus again instead. I also upgraded to parasite 2.0, but I kind of wish I still had the original version. 2.0 breaks 2 firewalls a turn for 2 power +1 per additional parasite. The faster hacking is nice but the higher base cost kind of hurts when I'd rather be using Banks' econ chip to get cash out of power terminals. Especially if I need to kill a Daemon on one or more level objectives. I did pick up a portable server III, but I'm still learning the best way to deploy it efficiently. 

Priority at this point is probably a couple cloak 3s, a 4th person, a few more augments, and maybe a slight tweak to Incognita's programs. A couple level 3 paralyzers or stim packs could be nice to have as well, but its kind of fun to figure out how to play without them as well. 

56 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I'll start this game up once one of you writes the Walkthrough. B)

Seriously though, is this game fun while being impossible? Or is it just head-scratching frustration?

Since I'm 90% sure the Platinum is out of my reach, I won't be writing a walkthrough. 

I would say the game is fun while being almost impossible. I haven't gotten to any super frustrating parts yet, but I also have 99 rewinds per mission, and I'm playing at a slow pace, only hitting a single mission per day (some days I actually take a break from that even). Yesterday I ended up using about 20 rewinds on one mission, and I can't imagine playing without them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Seriously though, is this game fun while being impossible? Or is it just head-scratching frustration?

Im really really enjoying it. There's so many different ways to approach missions and lots of viable options for characters, equipment, and programs. 

Im not even sure how a walkthrough for this game would work. It's random which types or missions you get, which people you find, which equipment/weapons/programs you get.

I guess kind of a tier system, could help, showing which things are more useful at different points, but with so many different ways to play it all comes down to personal preference. 

Just ran another detention center mission. Found Draco o.O . Tempted to just leave him there but I don't want to waste another mission trying to find a better replacement, then maybe end up with no one or him again. I don't have a single fatal weapon though, so at the moment he's kind of bad. I do have an automatic three speed augment sitting in storage so maybe I can equip him with that if I can't find a gun and kill some guys in my current level. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

This game is really doable, actually. I would say that it`s 5/10, maybe even 4, but a little bit time consuming.

6 hours ago, Demon133Slayer said:

This game is really doable, actually. I would say that it`s 5/10, maybe even 4, but a little bit time consuming.

And there it is folks, the proof that I'm terrible at video games.

I have a friend who sucks at the combat in the Batman Arkham games, and so to him, I am a gaming god for having mastered that. But for trophy hunters, a game that's actually hard to me isn't even 50% on the difficulty scale. As I told him, difficulty is relative. There's always someone better. :awesome:

17 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Just ran another detention center mission. Found Draco o.O . Tempted to just leave him there but I don't want to waste another mission trying to find a better replacement, then maybe end up with no one or him again. I don't have a single fatal weapon though, so at the moment he's kind of bad. I do have an automatic three speed augment sitting in storage so maybe I can equip him with that if I can't find a gun and kill some guys in my current level. 

Fatal weapons seem pretty rare in this game. I think they would be handy though, taking enemies out of commission would make missions way more doable. And on the subject of Draco, did you read somewhere that he gets better rewards from scanning dead enemies? Because if you didn't know, he can scan unconscious ones.

Also, I remember your tip about carrying an unconscious enemy and standing on a KOed one, pinning two enemies at once. It's a useful tip, but I want to add a note of warning. You cannot use a weapon while carrying a body. I had an agent pinning a KOed enemy while holding another, and she got spotted. Because the enemy was in Overwatch mode, I could not move to drop the enemy I was carrying without getting shot, and as I mentioned, I could not use my weapon even though he was next to me.

No, really, you just need to get used to it and you'll agree with me. When I ve just started this game, I thought that this platinum would be impossible, but after my second playthrough, which was on experienced difficulty with dlc, it became really doable.

So, for the tips, armor penetration is just waste of slot really. All you really need is volt disruptor 3 or neural disruptor 3 or so on. And even that is only for such situations when you just can't progress through the level without knocking down an enemy, and from my experience, these situations a really rare. Beginning from expert difficulty, even when you knock down an enemy, he will only be out for 1, maximum 2 turns, so you need to avoid it. Instead of that, you can use running trick or stand on the square where you will only be noticed, to make an enemy investigate it, so you will be able to progress further.

The best starting programs are fusion and parasite in campaign and seed and parasite in endless. Or you can start with dr xu and archive prism and for them dynamo and parasite would be good choice.

Derek is the best agent to use in campaign, as for the second agent, banks would be a good choice. 

Detention centers are really useless in campaign, you can get the third agent in dlc campaign if you want, but it is not really necessary. And in the campaign without dlc you don't need third agent at all, instead of that try to upgrade your 2 agents as much as you can.

You can actually ask some questions if you want more.

Edited by Demon133Slayer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

And there it is folks, the proof that I'm terrible at video games.

Fatal weapons seem pretty rare in this game. I think they would be handy though, taking enemies out of commission would make missions way more doable. And on the subject of Draco, did you read somewhere that he gets better rewards from scanning dead enemies? Because if you didn't know, he can scan unconscious ones.

You cannot use a weapon while carrying a body. I had an agent pinning a KOed enemy while holding another, and she got spotted. Because the enemy was in Overwatch mode, I could not move to drop the enemy I was carrying without getting shot, and as I mentioned, I could not use my weapon even though he was next to me.

Like you said it's all relative, I wouldn't even say this makes you bad at games. This is more like a puzzle than an actual game. You've got all these different parts that do different things. Understanding all the parts (the ones you control and the ones you don't as well.) and how they work makes the game much more doable. 

Yeah I read that originally, and it's also in his augment tool tip. He gets ap, or item cool downs, or money from KO enemies, and permanent stat upgrades from dead ones. There are only like 3 or 4 fatal weapons, and they're all guns that need charge packs to reload. I think maybe starting with him, or finding him really early could work out, but finding him mid/late game is just too big a hurdle without the scanner augment that boosts ranged armor pierce. You can equip him with the augments that raise a Stat to three, but honestly it's a bit of a waste of a slot on anybody else. 

Sorry if that got you in trouble. I'll add hat to the OP. 

8 hours ago, Demon133Slayer said:

Harsh, and not particularly helpful. I agree the game is doable, and physically it's an easy game, but you need to git gud at figuring out the puzzles to succeed. There's a lot to learn, and the fact that it randomly generates levels means there's no easy way for people to cheese it. 

Edit: hadn't read your second post before I replied to this. I agree armor pierce on everybody isn't particularly important, but it's nice to have at least one agent capable of taking down 4 armor enemies on the final mission. 

I finished up expert this morning. Had to rewind 2 or 3 times on the final mission due to taking risks that did not pay off. I finally found two fatal weapons, but neither had high armor pierce so I was only able to kill and scan one guy in the final 4 missions, meaning Draco went in to the final mission with 3 hack from an augment, and two anarchy. :facepalm: I actually went into the mission fully intending to use him as bait to draw pursuit away from more important agents. 

ONE COOL THING - I got the trophy for beating experienced with CP as well as the others. I was under the Impression that that the extended campaign difficulty trophies didn't stack. Also got the trophy for unlocking everything. 

I started a time attack run with Faust and Brimstone, using Central and Xu. Did the first mission without any issues, before realizing I left CP on. :o Nope. Deleted the save and I'll start over when I play tonight. 

Edited by Hemiak

7 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Like you said it's all relative, I wouldn't even say this makes you bad at games. This is more like a puzzle than an actual game. You've got all these different parts that do different things. Understanding all the parts (the ones you control and the ones you don't as well.) and how they work makes the game much more doable.

I was half-joking; it just annoys me when people say "this game isn't hard" after people talk about how hard it is. Maybe I should expect that on a trophy hunting site, where I'm probably in the minority with my low completion rate and lack of Ultra Rare trophies (much less Platinums). I have gotten to the point in life where some games are not worth struggling with, whether it's difficulty or grinding. It takes special games to hook me now, and this is one of them, despite its trickiness (maybe that's a better word than "hard" :P ).

10 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah I read that originally, and it's also in his augment tool tip. He gets ap, or item cool downs, or money from KO enemies, and permanent stat upgrades from dead ones. There are only like 3 or 4 fatal weapons, and they're all guns that need charge packs to reload. I think maybe starting with him, or finding him really early could work out, but finding him mid/late game is just too big a hurdle without the scanner augment that boosts ranged armor pierce. You can equip him with the augments that raise a Stat to three, but honestly it's a bit of a waste of a slot on anybody else.

Wait, I'm supposed to read in this game? Seriously though, I obviously missed that tool tip note. Still, I'm not sure that makes him very useful (keep in mind I don't have any lethal weapons). At this point he's just an extra body to do less important stuff, and he often ends up being a nuisance in the escape phase. I probably just need to let go and leave him behind.

13 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I finished up expert this morning. Had to rewind 2 or 3 times on the final mission due to taking risks that did not pay off. I finally found two fatal weapons, but neither had high armor pierce so I was only able to kill and scan one guy in the final 4 missions, meaning Draco went in to the final mission with 3 hack from an augment, and two anarchy. :facepalm: I actually went into the mission fully intending to use him as bait to draw pursuit away from more important agents. 

ONE COOL THING - I got the trophy for beating experienced with CP as well as the others. I was under the Impression that that the extended campaign difficulty trophies didn't stack. Also got the trophy for unlocking everything. 

I started a time attack run with Faust and Brimstone, using Central and Xu. Did the first mission without any issues, before realizing I left CP on. :o Nope. Deleted the save and I'll start over when I play tonight.

Nice, you're really making progress with the game. I'm just going to be excited to hopefully finish the Experienced campaign.

18 minutes ago, Demon133Slayer said:

For time attack with Faust and brimstone, monster and central would be the best option. You will get  5  pwr every time you shoot a guard with monster.

Since I only need to beat the standard campaign I'm not particularly worried about power. I'll get some extra whenever a Daemon spontaneously gets installed, and Xu will save me some by not hacking or dispelling safes. I know Monst3r can save me money on purchases, I just don't particularly like using him. For time attack I'm going to only try to pick up one extra agent by day 4, so I don't have to spend as much time worrying about moves each turn. I'm hoping to find an augment that increases speed to 3 to give him on the day 4 mission, so that he isn't complete dead weight like usual. 

20 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Since I only need to beat the standard campaign I'm not particularly worried about power. I'll get some extra whenever a Daemon spontaneously gets installed, and Xu will save me some by not hacking or dispelling safes. I know Monst3r can save me money on purchases, I just don't particularly like using him. For time attack I'm going to only try to pick up one extra agent by day 4, so I don't have to spend as much time worrying about moves each turn. I'm hoping to find an augment that increases speed to 3 to give him on the day 4 mission, so that he isn't complete dead weight like usual. 

The reason of using central and monster is not only because they working great together but  on the final mission you will only have your two upgraded agents and you will only have 2 agents to move, so it is really helpful in limited time with spawning daemons.