Seeking advice on how to play

IntroPhenom

I just put in this game this week, and I desperately need some pointers.  Please know I haven't played shooters, and suck with aiming controls in general.  I'm unfamiliar with the series as well as tactics/typical approaches regarding games with heavy gun use, duck and cover, and military-like combat.

After several attempts, I couldn't get past the very first set of enemies.  I pull that first guy off of the ledge, no problem, but that's the extent of my success.  Any advice would be great.

Hmmm, hard to think of an "advise" for this kind of game, plus it's been a long time since I finished the game.

There's a trick for most of 3rd person shooters and Uncharted games are not an exception. Instead of using covers properly you can stand behind the wall (or physical object) - aim - and slowly peek from the side of the wall. This way you can still hit enemies while minimizing the chance of getting hit.

As for trophies - keep an eye for bounties (I think they look like coins) as you play through the game.

• Like 1

Well, I guess all I could say is stay in cover and carefully keep popping out to take down enemies. They'll try to flank you sometimes or chuck grenades your way so always be on the look out for where else you can safely take cover. Just don't leave yourself exposed out in the open as much as you can. It's okay to blindfire sometimes (shoot without aiming). 

I kinda understand where you're at. Uncharted was a bit too hectic for me when I first played it back on the PS3 several years ago. You just gotta get used to the pacing and be able to quickly and accurate shoot enemies down. Be aggressive sometimes, be conservative sometimes. Know where enemies will spawn. Stuff like that. Simply giving these sort of games some time and you should get better at them, but not if you keep making the same mistakes over and over.

• Like 2

Given you know you're not very good with shooting mechanics, other than practice, the only advice I could give you is to bump the difficulty down to easy until such times as you feel you've improved.   I suppose you could YT some gameplay to get a feel for how and when to react, but how helpful that might be...   If you're going for trophies then sadly you're going to have a hard time with Uncharted games, but again, simple practice and adopting different strategies, if necessary, is the only way you will improve.   There's nothing wrong with using easy mode to learn the mechanics of a particular game or genre, it's what I'd advise, considering the hard time you're having.

• Like 1