Otome game recommendations?

Lava_Yuki

So far I've played Amnesia and really enjoyed it for the suspense and character design. Despite a few of the bad endings being hard to watch (I found all the endings other than the good ending in Ikki's route to be quite upsetting tbh as he was my favourite, I almost cried even in the normal end?). I loved the characters and the way each route was different. 

Anyone any other recommendations and a rough idea of the game? So far I've noticed Code:Realize and Collar x Malice seem quite popular. Norn 9, Bad Apple Wars, the Hakuouki series and Diabolik Lovers are few others that look interesting. Anyone played any of these, and if so how did you find them? I prefer a good story as opposed to just sugary love without much else. 

Diabolik lovers and Hakuouki seem to have a lot of games like a series, so are these sequels or something that need to be played in a specific order?

I just finished Collar x Malice last week and it's one of my favorites. You get to see the perspectives of all the main leads and there is a great level of suspense throughout the stories so it keeps you invested. I'd also recommend Period Cube since no one seems to talk about it. The plot is a bit overdone and it can be a bit dramatic at times but it has some entertaining endings. I'd give them both a try if you get the chance.

• Like 1

Hakuouki was really enjoyable for me! I haven't played the Vita version yet (because it's only half the story, so you should wait for the sequel), but the PS3 version kept me invested.

I'd kind of recommend against Diabolik Lovers if you found content in Amnesia upsetting though. I haven't played DiaLovers because a lot of the subject matter is too gross for my tastes.

• Like 1

Code realize is really nice from what I've played from it.

The only Diabolik Lovers game I've finished is Vandead Carnival.. It's easy for me since I can't understand Japanese lol. Vandead Carnival has a series of mini-games to play throughout the game. To my knowledge though Diabolik Lovers Limited V Edition is the first one.. just going off from the anime since they end up introducing more characters in the second season and in other games.

As far as story goes, I wouldn't be able to say. I was following one of those youtube walkthrough translation videos, but that was a longg time ago lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terra said:

I just finished Collar x Malice last week and it's one of my favorites. You get to see the perspectives of all the main leads and there is a great level of suspense throughout the stories so it keeps you invested. I'd also recommend Period Cube since no one seems to talk about it. The plot is a bit overdone and it can be a bit dramatic at times but it has some entertaining endings. I'd give them both a try if you get the chance.

That one sounds pretty good as I quite like suspense and the character design looks pretty cook. I haven't heard of Period Cube, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

5 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Hakuouki was really enjoyable for me! I haven't played the Vita version yet (because it's only half the story, so you should wait for the sequel), but the PS3 version kept me invested.

I'd kind of recommend against Diabolik Lovers if you found content in Amnesia upsetting though. I haven't played DiaLovers because a lot of the subject matter is too gross for my tastes.

Yeah I might wait for the sequel then as I prefer VN games on the vita more so than console. Thanks for the heads up about DL, I'm not really into grotesque content and the game itself isn't cheap either so I wouldn't want to find myself giving up half way through. 

8 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Code realize is really nice from what I've played from it.

The only Diabolik Lovers game I've finished is Vandead Carnival.. It's easy for me since I can't understand Japanese lol. Vandead Carnival has a series of mini-games to play throughout the game. To my knowledge though Diabolik Lovers Limited V Edition is the first one.. just going off from the anime since they end up introducing more characters in the second season and in other games.

As far as story goes, I wouldn't be able to say. I was following one of those youtube walkthrough translation videos, but that was a longg time ago lol.

How was the content for Code Realize? It caught my eye as I like the way it's based in London and the way the characters look. About Diabolik lovers, does it have a lot of grotesque or bloody scenes?

9 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

How was the content for Code Realize? It caught my eye as I like the way it's based in London and the way the characters look. About Diabolik lovers, does it have a lot of grotesque or bloody scenes?

From what I played it was a really nice story (I still have to finish it because it's has a nice chunk of storyline). I really like the characters, personality and appearance. Overall from what I've played, which is like a couple hours in, I find the content extremely enjoyable. Have you watched any of the anime from Diabolik Lovers? If not, it's minor scenes.. nothing too bloody or gorey to the point where it's just disturbing and sickening. If you weren't aware that basically everyone is a vampire it literally looks like they're just trying to give you a hickey majority of the time lmao. I personally can't stand content where stuff is just gushing blood, this is nothing like that.

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Localized or not?

Because if localized, there's nothing else that hasn't been mentioned =D

Not localised as I usually play the Japanese versions as I speak Japanese, and i usually download all my vita games. So I'm open to all suggestions (preferably downloadable on the JP psn store as I don't really but physical copies for the vita). I'm not a fan of blood/ gore or pure sugary fluff without an actual story, but if it's good worth I'd love to hear about anything really?.