Road to Nowhere Need Help on Time Trial

Alantor32

I am having some issues with the time trial in Road to Nowhere. I keep dying while doing the time trial. And I keep messing up on jumping on the fence. Plus, I need some pointers on how to time your jumps on the planks that broke instantly when you jumped or walked into them. Any help would do. Sorry if I asked this.

Stay in  the middle of the bridge and at the really tricky parts jump on the rope but then quickly jump back off onto the bridge. Don't stay on rope for long because it is too tricky. You need to jump right from the edge of the bridge to avoid the planks that are split in the middle. This one needs a lot of practice and it is the most talked about level for being so HARD! Hope that helps.

I see you allready got it. But for anyone else wondering...

What hogie says. It's just a really, really hard level.

Watch the video posted in the trophy guide and develop your own tactic based on it. When jumping on the rope (I just jumped on it once or twice): be sure to get really close to the rope so you only need to push left a tiny bit. That helped me a lot, as I always seemed to jump too far when jumping from the middle of the bridge.

Broken planks should be avoided at all times: jump on the solid planks and/or the darker brown planks (that drop after a second or so).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For these bridge levels, I used rope techniques. If you have the patience and keep practicing you eventually learn how to handle Crash on the ropes. It took MANY attempts to get the technique down, but I eventually learned the "feel," yes the "feel," of jumping on the rope and knowing when I would fall or when I would not fall. I even got so far as to move my analog ever so slightly that I could maneuver Crash on the rope to center him properly without falling. 

Honestly, the key is PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE. Try to have fun why doing it despite it being a pain. It is a game after all. 

Whenever I got frustrated, I would force myself to stop despite my stubbornness and take a break. It does you no good to be frustrated or lose your patience when going for relics. 

I hope this gives trophy hunters some guidance because doing this sure helped me! 

• 2 months later...