lurch_9944

film fanatic

5 posts in this topic

I don't know what's with this trophy but I've gotten the pop up multiple times that says you've created the planet of the apes and the trophy has yet to pop. is anyone else having this problem and if so have you found a solution to the problem?

I found this comment on Youtube, by a guy called Dallas I think, when I done it just now which helped me understand the ending part a little better. I do admit, though, I still don't entirely understand it.

I think for anyone having trouble and not understanding what's happening.. At the end you want a low amount of people.. Somewhere between 2.9 million and 3.5 million, because if there is any less, the game will end. So you're waiting until that number while you have max lethality and then letting them find the cure so that a few survive, and the rest die almost instantly. And you win the game. I had trouble with this one because I wasn't sure what was going on at the end.

But I got a bit fed up towards the end and let my symptoms dismiss the people of Earth until the 2.5mill mark. By that time I got the popup saying, along the lines of, "the apes are the dominant species in the world - but will humans be tolerated?" then, once I devolved all of the symptoms, it came up saying that I won (I didn't have to bother doing the abilities because I was at 99% cure, but you might).

I probably just got lucky but I hope that helps.

This and NAZG can go to hell.

Edited by GarryKE

In my experience to get the trophy you absolutely MUST have some humans alive in USA.

I followed a guide & completed the Planet of the Apes many times, but USA always went black in those games. I simply couldn't stop USA being wiped out.

So in later games, when I got to the end-game, I kept an eye on USA & saved often while it as still good. When I saw its population plummet, I devolved all the lethal symptoms, till it started to rise again. Then I quickly  evolved them.

Also, during the end-game if a lab appears or you get a drone in USA, it's best to leave them alone (I got both on my successful trophy run!). Using Rampage will likely wipe out the few remaining humans there, which is the last thing you need!

In fact, I thought I was doing well, but just before I won, the US got wiped out (no trophy AGAIN!) That'll teach me for using the 2x speed. Fortunately, my previous "healthy-USA" was just before the population dropped below 4m, so I reloaded & played at normal speed. This was how I spotted that the US population was dropping too quickly again. So I devolved a few lethal symptoms to allow it to recover, Although I assumed this was another failure, I figured I may as well see it out.

When USA population had picked up again, I evolved only a couple of lethal this time, Much to my surprise not long after I got the trophy with around 28,000 healthy & 500,000 infected humans still alive.

Now if only I can get that stupid NAZG trophy... Six games and counting, but no appearance of any rabid bats, ever.

I don't think the USA needs to have people. I had some games where I had 3,000,000 ish people left and some were in the USA. What triggered it for me I think was having a colony in the USA which I never did till my last game when I got it. I also had Neuro symptoms and total brain dead evolved at the end when cure went to 100% which may have also been a contributing factor that I did different this game.

My final counts were:
Healthy : 2,039,995
Infected: 377,661

Dead: 7,122,126,306

Apes

Intelligent: 644,462
Dead: 429

On 5/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, Vampirelovr said:

I don't think the USA needs to have people. I had some games where I had 3,000,000 ish people left and some were in the USA. What triggered it for me I think was having a colony in the USA which I never did till my last game when I got it. I also had Neuro symptoms and total brain dead evolved at the end when cure went to 100% which may have also been a contributing factor that I did different this game.

My final counts were:
Healthy : 2,039,995
Infected: 377,661

Dead: 7,122,126,306

Apes

Intelligent: 644,462
Dead: 429

And that were the major factors in completing this tricky little pain in the a#$.Neuro symptoms,total brain d. and colony in the U.S.

Thanks a lot Vampirelovr.I ve been dying here and now Veni Vidi Vici!!