film fanatic

lurch_9944

I found this comment on Youtube, by a guy called Dallas I think, when I done it just now which helped me understand the ending part a little better. I do admit, though, I still don't entirely understand it.

I think for anyone having trouble and not understanding what's happening.. At the end you want a low amount of people.. Somewhere between 2.9 million and 3.5 million, because if there is any less, the game will end. So you're waiting until that number while you have max lethality and then letting them find the cure so that a few survive, and the rest die almost instantly. And you win the game. I had trouble with this one because I wasn't sure what was going on at the end.

But I got a bit fed up towards the end and let my symptoms dismiss the people of Earth until the 2.5mill mark. By that time I got the popup saying, along the lines of, "the apes are the dominant species in the world - but will humans be tolerated?" then, once I devolved all of the symptoms, it came up saying that I won (I didn't have to bother doing the abilities because I was at 99% cure, but you might).

I probably just got lucky but I hope that helps.

This and NAZG can go to hell.

Edited by GarryKE

• 8 months later...

In my experience to get the trophy you absolutely MUST have some humans alive in USA.

I followed a guide & completed the Planet of the Apes many times, but USA always went black in those games. I simply couldn't stop USA being wiped out.

So in later games, when I got to the end-game, I kept an eye on USA & saved often while it as still good. When I saw its population plummet, I devolved all the lethal symptoms, till it started to rise again. Then I quickly  evolved them.

Also, during the end-game if a lab appears or you get a drone in USA, it's best to leave them alone (I got both on my successful trophy run!). Using Rampage will likely wipe out the few remaining humans there, which is the last thing you need!

In fact, I thought I was doing well, but just before I won, the US got wiped out (no trophy AGAIN!) That'll teach me for using the 2x speed. Fortunately, my previous "healthy-USA" was just before the population dropped below 4m, so I reloaded & played at normal speed. This was how I spotted that the US population was dropping too quickly again. So I devolved a few lethal symptoms to allow it to recover, Although I assumed this was another failure, I figured I may as well see it out.

When USA population had picked up again, I evolved only a couple of lethal this time, Much to my surprise not long after I got the trophy with around 28,000 healthy & 500,000 infected humans still alive.

Now if only I can get that stupid NAZG trophy... Six games and counting, but no appearance of any rabid bats, ever.

• Like 1

I don't think the USA needs to have people. I had some games where I had 3,000,000 ish people left and some were in the USA. What triggered it for me I think was having a colony in the USA which I never did till my last game when I got it. I also had Neuro symptoms and total brain dead evolved at the end when cure went to 100% which may have also been a contributing factor that I did different this game.

My final counts were:
Healthy : 2,039,995
Infected: 377,661

Dead: 7,122,126,306

Apes

Intelligent: 644,462
Dead: 429

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, Vampirelovr said:

I don't think the USA needs to have people. I had some games where I had 3,000,000 ish people left and some were in the USA. What triggered it for me I think was having a colony in the USA which I never did till my last game when I got it. I also had Neuro symptoms and total brain dead evolved at the end when cure went to 100% which may have also been a contributing factor that I did different this game.

My final counts were:
Healthy : 2,039,995
Infected: 377,661

Dead: 7,122,126,306

Apes

Intelligent: 644,462
Dead: 429

And that were the major factors in completing this tricky little pain in the a#$.Neuro symptoms,total brain d. and colony in the U.S.

Thanks a lot Vampirelovr.I ve been dying here and now Veni Vidi Vici!!

• 2 months later...

I just got this trophy after approximately 30 attempts. I just wanted to say the thing that made all the difference for me was 1. Having humans alive in the USA. and 2. Allowing the cure to reach 100% as LATE as possible.

In all of my previous attempts I devolved all 3 of the Genetic reshuffle abilities when there was between 3-5 million survivers left on the planet, thus allowing the cure to reach 100%. In my final successful attempt I waited until there was 500k alive in the USA which was just over 1m left in the world in total. I've seen videos of other people doing it the 3-5m way successfully, but it wouldnt work that way for me in over 30 tries. it seems to be really random or buggy as hell.

For some reason when I was doing it earlier (between 3-5 million survivers remaining), the game would allow every single person to be cured, including everyone in the USA and the game would just end with defeat without the popup in the middle of the screen.

I found the best way to ensure there's survivors in the USA so late in the game is to actively be killing people in other countries using the "Rampage" ability. Especially in countries with large populations like China and India.

Scroll down the screenshot if you want to see the USA population at the time of the trophy popping.

CuJfx.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also had a problem with this trophy, but I thought the trophy might have been bugged, so I send a email to the developer and got this response 

0CF537FB-9841-4AB4-9A88-0F298CE67365_zps

I think my problem was that I didn’t have anyone left alive in the US.

Edit: the link to the guide in the email is here - https://www.trueachievements.com/a210476/film-fanatic-achievement

Edited by LazyWynn
Link
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 25/5/2018 at 3:04 PM, Vampirelovr said:

I have played over 100 games, countless of hours trying and trying to get this trophy and after reading your comment and establishing a colony in the US (I moved my original colony to Canada as there was an airstrike and never bothered to move them back), I finally got it.

Thank you so much.

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2019 at 0:03 AM, Sarutoshi said:

I just got this trophy after approximately 30 attempts. I just wanted to say the thing that made all the difference for me was 1. Having humans alive in the USA. and 2. Allowing the cure to reach 100% as LATE as possible.

In all of my previous attempts I devolved all 3 of the Genetic reshuffle abilities when there was between 3-5 million survivers left on the planet, thus allowing the cure to reach 100%. In my final successful attempt I waited until there was 500k alive in the USA which was just over 1m left in the world in total. I've seen videos of other people doing it the 3-5m way successfully, but it wouldnt work that way for me in over 30 tries. it seems to be really random or buggy as hell.

For some reason when I was doing it earlier (between 3-5 million survivers remaining), the game would allow every single person to be cured, including everyone in the USA and the game would just end with defeat without the popup in the middle of the screen.

I found the best way to ensure there's survivors in the USA so late in the game is to actively be killing people in other countries using the "Rampage" ability. Especially in countries with large populations like China and India.

Scroll down the screenshot if you want to see the USA population at the time of the trophy popping.

CuJfx.jpg

This worked to me, really thanks :D

• 1 year later...

I'm having problems with this particular trophy. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the pop-ups that are necessary for the trophy: 

Plague-Inc.jpg

Is this not the pop-up for the trophy? Or is it something else? Because the trophy hasn't pinged. I've got this pop-up a couple of times, plus the 'end screen' with "Victory – [Disease] has created The Planet of the Apes". 

Edit: I finally managed to get it. So it appears that getting the pop-up isn't quite enough – as outlined above. It was definitely the case for me that I needed to have healthy (non-infected) humans alive in the US at the end. 

I found this pretty difficult, as China and India's populations are insane. I finally got the trophy by moving a significant amount of apes to China and India colonies. Then using Ape Rampage in those countries. This seemed to bring down the population faster in those countries. I was still cutting it pretty close at the end though – I only had 35,000 healthy people in the US at the end. But this was enough to ping the trophy. 

(Sorry for the boring explanation, but I thought it might help people who also get stuck here.)

To recap, I definitely needed an ape colony in the US, as well as healthy humans. I think my total world population was around 2 million when the game ended. This was finicky as hell though. And many of the guides I followed didn't quite do it for me - I had to make quite a few refinements to get things to work for me. 

Edited by Finch_III