Unresponsive screen fix?

SUPERVIRAL

Hello again back with another problem with my vita. After not being to charge it my vita for like more than a month I finally got to purchase another charger and now my ps vita is charging. Problem is when i go to unlock the screen, i can slide the wallpaper because my screen is unresponsive to my touch. During the time in which I could not charge my ps vita I just put my vita in a drawer and left it untouched. Now when I go to unlock it, for some reason I can not do so. Does anyone know how to get the screen to respond to my touch or is ps vita screen just dead?

Just now, ExHaseo said:

If you haven't, clean the screen. When my Vita's screen gets too dusty from sitting, or just too dirty, the touch screen freaks out and doesn't work right. Cleaning it always fixes the problem for me.

Just as I clicked submit the screen unlocked lol. But it is still not responding well to my touch Ill try to clean it some more.

12 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

If you haven't, clean the screen. When my Vita's screen gets too dusty from sitting, or just too dirty, the touch screen freaks out and doesn't work right. Cleaning it always fixes the problem for me.

Also how do you suppose I clean the screen. Is there something I should use or should I just wipe it down with a cloth?

I had the same problem when I bought a new charger as well. Is it an official Sony charger? If not it might not be using the right voltage to charge the vita and this can lock your screen. Unplug the charger and hold the power button to turn off the screen. Wait a few minutes then turn it back on and it should be back to normal. You may have to try a few times to get it to unlock the screen. I have to do this every time I charge my Vita and I can't use the touchscreen while it's charging. If this doesn't work it may be something wrong with the screen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SUPERVIRAL said:

Also how do you suppose I clean the screen. Is there something I should use or should I just wipe it down with a cloth?

I would recommend cleaning it once (using microfiber + something like glasses cleaner) then going out and buying a screen protector (Hori works just fine), there, all done.

6 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

I had the same problem when I bought a new charger as well. Is it an official Sony charger? If not it might not be using the right voltage to charge the vita and this can lock your screen. Unplug the charger and hold the power button to turn off the screen. Wait a few minutes then turn it back on and it should be back to normal. You may have to try a few times to get it to unlock the screen. I have to do this every time I charge my Vita and I can't use the touchscreen while it's charging. If this doesn't work it may be something wrong with the screen.

1 hour ago, Taobaka said:

I would recommend cleaning it once (using microfiber + something like glasses cleaner) then going out and buying a screen protector (Hori works just fine), there, all done.

Ok thanks Ill try both of those.

6 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

Turns out it is the charger. When I put it in the screen doesn't respond but when I take it out it works fine. That's so weird. Anyway thanks for the help otherwise I would of never known.