GAMECHANGING PS4 News!

DanielVT

How is this game changing? There are plenty of other softwares that enable users to stream games such as Onlive however the disadvantages of not having the actual game and keeping it for a certain amount of time is pointless, I think.

Gamechanging is something where I am the game or something or possibly the PS4 is just a pair of sunglasses which you can zone into and out of anytime.

• Like 1

Bunch of drama queens in here. Worst idea ever, seriously? I'd much, much rather have the OPTION to stream games rather than being FORCED to have an online connection to play my physical game. This is a fantastic feature that I'm sure ,any people will enjoy. My internet sucks and I'm sure I won't be able to stream games, but just because I can't do it doesn't mean I should keep that feature from countless others who would love to take advantage of it.

Drama queens, no I wouldn't say so since all they're doing is pointing out how ineffective this idea is and love the fact it doesn't seem to bother you that certain regions in their entirety wouldn't be able to make use of this at all since it'd seem to focus more on the US and Japanese gamers. If it gets advertised as a feature SONY would have to be pretty careful because if a feature can't be used that is advertised as being able to work they could lose out legally in certain regions due to false advertising.

Can you point out how exactly this is a fantastic feature seeing as how probably only around 10-15% of the PS3 user base will be able to take advantage of this feature at all with a HD game?

And to the poster above me, of Sony or a developer decide to only make their game available via streaming then they'll simply lose a ton of money. Sony isn't stupid, they aren't going to release a streaming only console with internet being like it is around the world right now, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with giving those with good internet the option to stream their games.

You could use this argument in regards to the PS3 being region free and yet ATLUS still region locked P4A for it which still hasn't seen a PAL release yet nearly 10 months after both Japan and the US recieved it. I don't remember stating anywhere that it'd be bad for those that could except for the one thing where this method would HAVE to be account bound meaning you're better off buying a physical copy or downloading IF they stick to the current PS3 account system.

I'd also probably use certain Capcom games as an example since some of them wouldn't work during the PSN outage so what's to say that some games won't be streaming only if their publisher/developer thinks it'll protect their profits like how Capcom thought with those few games and ATLUS did so with region locking especially IF they're account bound?

Look at the bigger picture and think how many can't use this and how ineffectual such a method is at this point in time, it is a few years too early maybe in a decade or so this might be a fine idea but at current it is just overall too flawed.

• Like 2

I don't understand why this would upset people? If you don't want to stream your games, then you still have the option to purchase a physical copy. The idea that a feature should not be included because some people can not or would not use it is ridiculous. I personally would rather still own physical copies of my games, but that doesn't mean I think the feature shouldn't be available.

Exactly! Everyone needs to calm down. lol Sony WILL NOT ALIENATE PEOPLE WITHOUT INTERNET. This will be availiable, on the new console but....IT IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY GAMES ON IT. In fact, the feature will start out streaming PS3 games NOT PS4 games. The system still has been confirmed by inside sources to use a blu-ray drive. Everyone can calm down...Sony is giving more options, NOT limiting people. However, whether you guys like it or not, streaming video games IS the way of the future, no matter how far aways that future may in fact be.

How is this game changing? There are plenty of other softwares that enable users to stream games such as Onlive however the disadvantages of not having the actual game and keeping it for a certain amount of time is pointless, I think.

Gamechanging is something where I am the game or something or possibly the PS4 is just a pair of sunglasses which you can zone into and out of anytime.

It is gamechanging, because it is a glimpse into the future. The future really is beginning with the new consoles.

• Like 1

Exactly! Everyone needs to calm down. lol Sony WILL NOT ALIENATE PEOPLE WITHOUT INTERNET. This will be availiable, on the new console but....IT IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY GAMES ON IT. In fact, the feature will start out streaming PS3 games NOT PS4 games. The system still has been confirmed by inside sources to use a blu-ray drive. Everyone can calm down...Sony is giving more options, NOT limiting people. However, whether you guys like it or not, streaming video games IS the way of the future, no matter how far aways that future may in fact be.

It is gamechanging, because it is a glimpse into the future. The future really is beginning with the new consoles.

Game changing is sort of like when the Dualshock controller was first unveiled or when the Wii was announced and shown with the whole, "You are the game!" - type deal. I'm still playing the game I normally would, however, how am I playing it differently? is the question you should be asking yourself. Streaming a game isn't doing anything differently, changing the Dualshock to something were it's just a pair of sunglasses you wear to game is game changing.

Game changing is sort of like when the Dualshock controller was first unveiled or when the Wii was announced and shown with the whole, "You are the game!" - type deal. I'm still playing the game I normally would, however, how am I playing it differently? is the question you should be asking yourself. Streaming a game isn't doing anything differently, changing the Dualshock to something were it's just a pair of sunglasses you wear to game is game changing.

Might not be that far away...

sony-virtual-reality-headset-4_zpsa9ba9fad.jpg

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/09/23/30-minutes-with-sonys-virtual-reality-headset-prototype-sr/

Parker

• Like 1