How to access UK PSN account on PS3

IntroPhenom

13 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Create new user on PS3 and sign in with existed account in PSN menu. 

Okay, so I create a 'User 1'.  Done.  I go to the PSN store, and I'm prompted to enter my country, language, and age.  Done.  Now what do I do?  Despite being a gamer, I'm not very good with technology, so pardon me.

4 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Okay, so I create a 'User 1'.  Done.  I go to the PSN store, and I'm prompted to enter my country, language, and age.  Done.  Now what do I do?  Despite being a gamer, I'm not very good with technology, so pardon me.

Did you already signed in with your PSN account? Irc you have to sign in on the same menu as the store.

If you have 2-step on with your UK account, you'll need to enter a device password the first time you log onto the PS3 with it. They should text you a link where you can get that code. 2-step does make the whole process more complicated, unfortunately. :(

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

If you have 2-step on with your UK account, you'll need to enter a device password the first time you log onto the PS3 with it. They should text you a link where you can get that code. 2-step does make the whole process more complicated, unfortunately. :(

Do I have to revoke my existing 2 step password before requesting a new one, or can I just request a new one?

7 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Tried many approaches, and can't get it to work.  Oh well.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Simply temporary turn off the 2 steps verification on your PS4 as you know how, then go back on PS3 and log in. You don't have to enter age, country or anything else, just sign in with existing account. When done, mark automatic sign in. Then try to turn 2 steps verification on your PS3.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Simply temporary turn off the 2 steps verification on your PS4 as you know how, then go back on PS3 and log in. You don't have to enter age, country or anything else, just sign in with existing account. When done, mark automatic sign in. Then try to turn 2 steps verification on your PS3.

I will try this tonight.  

17 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Do I have to revoke my existing 2 step password before requesting a new one, or can I just request a new one?

You can request a new device password for each console. If you do decide to disable it temporarily, make sure you remember to turn it back on unless you're not super worried about your UK account. I myself use 2-factor only for my main account, but I don't have any credit cards or anything linked to my others.

Edited by RNumbers

9 hours ago, RNumbers said:

You can request a new device password for each console. If you do decide to disable it temporarily, make sure you remember to turn it back on unless you're not super worried about your UK account. I myself use 2-factor only for my main account, but I don't have any credit cards or anything linked to my others.

Success.  I had to disable my 2-step verification, change my PS3 password, then I could log in, make my purchase, log out, and re-establish the verification.  Kind of a hassle, but effective in the end.

With your guidance, I was able to purchase two more games I don't need, and don't have time to play.  Many, many thanks to you both. :) 

18 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Message above was meant for you, too, but I quoted erroneously.  D'oh!

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 1