Spiral shot

BEANO_BRFC

I don't have the new game in the series but in the previous game I think there were 2 other factors that determined whether the special shot would work.

1. You had to have the skill unlocked
2. You had to hit the ball with pi and the correct inputs AND have the power rating over a certain percentage. For example if you were right next to the hole and did everything perfect it would have the spin effect but the ball would not go up the pin. If you are trying this from a really close position you may want to try from further back since you would have to hit it harder.

I don't know if any of this is helpful (doubt it) but I figured I'd try to help since nobody replied yet.

• Like 1

I think distance has always been a factor. In the ps3/vita version it needed to be 8 yards or more. I had the one on ps2 and it was a certain distance on there as well.

Oh yea, I know on the ps3/vita version, if the course you're on had big hole or gentle breeze or something like that, it didn't count as an official round. I had trick shots land on those and no trophy because it was unofficial. Pissed me right off.

You have done the other trick shots, right? Did you do them by accident? The spiral shot should be under similar circumstances. 

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

Sadly no, ive unlocked everything in the game. Hit the pin with super sidespin with full power and still bounced off so i have no clue what to do. Starting to think even after getting the exhausting condor bullshit and beating every character im not gonna plat this because of this stupid luck based crap.

7 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Sadly no, ive unlocked everything in the game. Hit the pin with super sidespin with full power and still bounced off so i have no clue what to do. Starting to think even after getting the exhausting condor bullshit and beating every character im not gonna plat this because of this stupid luck based crap.

What do you mean, "no"? I just checked your list. You have the rising and homing shot. Those are the same as the spiral shot. I also see you've done the 7th gen Everybody's Golf, so this shouldn't be new to you. Just keep trying. Try further from the pin as well as on an official course. I suspect you were too close to the pin when you hit it before. 

The Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf series looks cartoony but it's usually a very tough golf game to master. Although, based on your past games, it looks like you aren't really used to tough challenges, are you really going to let this plat get away from you because of one achievement? Take a break if need be, but never give up.

Eveytime i hit the pin from close range or distance it doesnt spiral, theres nothing i can do more to trigger it, im on an official course. Ive hit the pin at the top, middle, and bottom. Ive even hit it from a ground to pin bounce and still nothing. Im doing everything right.

Plus what games ive previously played whether easy or hard has nothing to do with what im asking for help with, why even mention it.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC

21 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Eveytime i hit the pin from close range or distance it doesnt spiral, theres nothing i can do more to trigger it, im on an official course. Ive hit the pin at the top, middle, and bottom. Ive even hit it from a ground to pin bounce and still nothing. Im doing everything right.

Plus what games ive previously played whether easy or hard has nothing to do with what im asking for help with, why even mention it.

Experience in difficult games is a huge factor. It shows patience and determination. 

In any case, I found a video. It looks like the trick shots are way easier in the 8th gen than the 7th gen version. Would love to try it. Hope a visual aid helps.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Everybody's golf on vita required more patience than this one, and I did that. The spiral in that video pretty much trickled in when it activated. I've even had ones go in like that with no success, I'm not gonna stop trying, I just don't know what more I can do to improve my chances of a better outcome.

Can anybody confirm that this trophy is possible with super sidespin (purple marker), because every video ive watched of this been done is with normal sidespin (blue marker). Because ive unlocked super sidespin i cant revert back to the normal one.

EDIT - Done it, didnt do anything different to make it happen either. Very fiddly trophy, anyone who can pull the spiral off on a regular basis i take my hat off to ya.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC

• 4 years later...

I just did this with a 4.6 yd chip-in, so there's not a minimum distance requirement. Aim slightly to the opposite side to the curve and try to land as close as possible. If you have a triple precision ball, it helps get the PI, and you won't lose it doing a single hole.

• Like 1

I tried this countless times and could not get it to work, however, I always use the ultra spin (tapping the buttons to get purple spin). The first time I tried it by holding the buttons (getting blue spin) it worked and the trophy popped.

If anyone's having trouble try this