Duplicated Game Profile

Thalifm

Hello everyone!
So, a while back I played my brother's physical copy of Horizon Zero Dawn and loved it, got a few trophies and the game is now listed on my profile. 
I have been wanting to buy a copy for myself to finish the game and I was wondering if I buy the digital copy of the game, will it create a second game profile on my list or will it just continue with the one created when I played the physical copy?

4 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

Hello everyone!
So, a while back I played my brother's physical copy of Horizon Zero Dawn and loved it, got a few trophies and the game is now listed on my profile. 
I have been wanting to buy a copy for myself to finish the game and I was wondering if I buy the digital copy of the game, will it create a second game profile on my list or will it just continue with the one created when I played the physical copy?

It will continue unlocking trophies on your current trophy list.

If you're talking about the trophy list, it will use the one currently on your profile. There's only one trophy list for the game, and digital and physical releases tend to share trophy lists anyway.

So yes, you can keep earning trophies in the same list you already started with the physical edition.

As far as saved games go, I'd assume you'll also be able to pick up where you left. In most cases save data is identical with physical and digital releases, although there may be some exceptions.

6 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

It will continue unlocking trophies on your current trophy list.

That is a relief, but do I have to buy the standard digital version since the physical was standard, or can I buy the complete edition when it is out? in this case would it create a second list or will it just change the name of the first?

Also, if I buy the standar digital version now, can I upgrade to a goty version or complete edition later on, like on steam, you just pay for the upgrade?

Sorry, I am new to PS4

3 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

That is a relief, but do I have to buy the standard digital version since the physical was standard, or can I buy the complete edition when it is out? in this case would it create a second list or will it just change the name of the first?

Also, if I buy the standar digital version now, can I upgrade to a goty version or complete edition later on, like on steam, you just pay for the upgrade?

Sorry, I am new to PS4

Hmm that gets a little bit more complicated as some complete editions have different trophy lists. You'd have to wait till December when the complete edition comes out then check here to see if it has a seperate trophy list. If you're unsure how to check when the games out just quote me in this topic and i'll tell you.

31 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Hmm that gets a little bit more complicated as some complete editions have different trophy lists. You'd have to wait till December when the complete edition comes out then check here to see if it has a seperate trophy list. If you're unsure how to check when the games out just quote me in this topic and i'll tell you.

Got it! Thanks for the help! There is a deluxe edition, I imagine it would be the same as buying the standard one, wouldnt create a separate profile since it only adds some clothes and equipment. I bought Magika 2 special edition and it shows as only Magika 2 so I guess it is the same

3 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

Got it! Thanks for the help! There is a deluxe edition, I imagine it would be the same as buying the standard one, wouldnt create a separate profile since it only adds some clothes and equipment. I bought Magika 2 special edition and it shows as only Magika 2 so I guess it is the same

Yeah deluxe editions normally share trophy lists with the base game, I don't think I know of any games that don't do that.

I'd be more worried about the save file compatibility between standard and complete, but I assume they would work together. Has happened before they are not compatible, at least on PS3, and it's more likely they are not compatible if they are from different regions.

Maybe try asking the devs about this, idk.

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I'd be more worried about the save file compatibility between standard and complete, but I assume they would work together. Has happened before they are not compatible, at least on PS3, and it's more likely they are not compatible if they are from different regions.

Maybe try asking the devs about this, idk.

I dont really mind having to start the game again, I played only a few hours. What really bugs me is having the same game repeating on my game list, more so knowing that I can't delete games from the list, that would really trigger my OCD

15 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

I dont really mind having to start the game again, I played only a few hours. What really bugs me is having the same game repeating on my game list, more so knowing that I can't delete games from the list, that would really trigger my OCD

More than likely it won't be a new trophy list. That kind of thing is pretty rare.

@Thalifm

Probably 99% of the time, digital and physics discs share the same trophy lists.  There's very few cases where that's not true, but one that comes to mind is "Tales of the Borderlands."  

As a a general rule of thumb, check on the site here to see how many trophy lists there are, if there are more than one, investigate why (it's usually a different region and/or platform, i.e. PS4, PS3 etc)

Typically "deluxe" editions or GOTYs are just packaged with the DLC but it fires up the same lists.

Edited by B1rvine

14 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

As a a general rule of thumb, check on the site here to see how many trophy lists there are, if there are more than one, investigate why (it's usually a different region and/or platform, i.e. PS4, PS3 etc)

I see! Game of Thrones for exemple, the action role play game, not the telltale one, there are two lists for the game on PS3, how do I know why? I can`t see where it specifies the reason

39 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

I see! Game of Thrones for exemple, the action role play game, not the telltale one, there are two lists for the game on PS3, how do I know why? I can`t see where it specifies the reason

One is the North American region, the other is the European region.  You just gotta search for these things to find out.

Edited by B1rvine

Very rare that disc and digital have separate lists.

There's a few examples though, 

Back to the Future on PS3, digital has a list for all 5 episodes, disc has one list and a platinum.

Tales from the Borderlands on PS4, digital has a list, disc has the same trophies but shared with the PS3 list for some reason.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles, all three games digitally had their own list, but on disc they had one list and a platinum.

You get the idea.

Anyway, it's not very common.