DriveClub Announced for PS4

DanielVT

Sony Unveils New Racing Game: DriveClub

by Matt Miller

http://www.gameinfor...-driveclub.aspx

DriveClub610.jpg

Team based racing takes center stage in the new PS4 title from Evolution.

DriveClub aims to let players drive cool cars in awesome locations, but DriveClub’s centerpiece feature is the option to play with other teams. Players will join clubs and compete to complete challenges to rise to the top.

Players are able to craft their own race challenges by setting the weather, time of day, locations, and more features, and then send out that challenge to other players.

The game focuses on a first person view of the cars, with an attempt to perfectly replicate the real-world details of the original cars. Objects on the car are so detailed that even the suede carpets in the cars change their visual experience after they are touched.

Once you get into the car, players play the game in a first person perspective that aims to replicate the true experience of driving some incredibly fast cars.

Check out the game in action:

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

The game LOOKS good, and it has some great ideas behind it :hmm:

I prefer my view from behind the car in racing games though...

Need for Speed: Shift focused on first person perspective and that game had other camera options available, pretty certain this one will too. Besides, I doubt they would spend so much time modelling the exterior if you can only see it when you're not driving the car. Edited by AndroidFox

Need for Speed: Shift focused on first person perspective and that game had other camera options available, pretty certain this one will too. Besides, I doubt they would spend so much time modelling the exterior if you can only see it when your not driving the car.

So focused as to actually call it a First Person Driver?

Of course it would make a lot of sense to have it whatever view you want, but the way it was being introduced didn't give off that impression.

So focused as to actually call it a First Person Driver?

Of course it would make a lot of sense to have it whatever view you want, but the way it was being introduced didn't give off that impression.

As I said, Shift was heavily marketed as a first person driving game, it still had other views available. No console racing games since the 90's have had forced camera perspective, only the hardcore simulators do that nowadays and they're all on PC.

Edited by AndroidFox

If it drives like NFS games (shift included) it can stay on the shelf as I still prefer closer to life like handling over graphics :)

Oh and also : Once you get into the car, players play the game in a first person perspective that aims to replicate the true experience of driving some incredibly fast cars. <- would suggest in car only (games like Ferrari challenge also did this)

Edited by leprodigalson

Oh and also : Once you get into the car, players play the game in a first person perspective that aims to replicate the true experience of driving some incredibly fast cars. <- would suggest in car only (games like Ferrari challenge also did this)

That's what I was thinking. Either way I'm sure we'll fine out soon enough.