Since there's no guide yet, can anybody help?

Topher_Man

I just have a few more trophies to get, I've searched every inch of this damn island and can't figure out the following:

1) I'm missing one news clipping. Any idea which one it could be?

2) How do I use the Spirit Radio?

3) How do I hear the lullaby?

4) Where is the hotel room?

5) I haven't watched all the scenes in Chapter 4. I've followed every character all the way through, but it still hasn't popped. I'm afraid the trophy might be glitched or I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Oh You Ok to use the spirit radio you have wait by it while Edison kills the young guy in like chapter 3 so just stay by it the entire chapter fast forwarding or rewinding until you see it start glowing a lil and the hand moving back and forth on the radio part. You have to listen to it there and it gives you instructions to wait till the next death so to the same thing for the duration of chapter 4 till it does the same thing and gives you more instructions to wait for "my death" which means Tesla in chapter 0. So do the same thing again and wait by it in chapter 0 until it does it again and Liston to it then finish chapter 0 and it will take you back to the theater where there is a door you can now use in the room with all the props. You will also find your last news clipping in there

ADVERTISING

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Same issues on all of those as well so if I find anything I'll let you know. But I'm missing one clue and some diaries where did you find them all? I have searched every chapter over and over again

Without knowing which ones you already have, I'll let you know the ones that were hardest for me to find. The last clue I was missing was Sarah's passport. After she and Mundy start moving up to the roof, it's laying on the floor in the hallway that leads to those stairs.

The last diary I was missing was in the area that you teleport to as Flora. It's behind you behind the left side of the machine. If that doesn't help, this video should. 

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Oh You Ok to use the spirit radio you have wait by it while Edison kills the young guy in like chapter 3 so just stay by it the entire chapter fast forwarding or rewinding until you see it start glowing a lil and the hand moving back and forth on the radio part. You have to listen to it there and it gives you instructions to wait till the next death so to the same thing for the duration of chapter 4 till it does the same thing and gives you more instructions to wait for "my death" which means Tesla in chapter 0. So do the same thing again and wait by it in chapter 0 until it does it again and Liston to it then finish chapter 0 and it will take you back to the theater where there is a door you can now use in the room with all the props. You will also find your last news clipping in there

ADVERTISING

Thank you so much for this! Now I just need to listen to the lullaby. Any help on that?

EDIT: Never mind. I got it. For anybody else that needs help, go to the beginning of Chapter 0. First go to the piano room and read the sheet music (even if you already have before). Then head down to the dock and it should start playing.

Edited by Topher_Man
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

ADVERTISING

So I am having trouble locating the Spirit Radio in Chapter 0. It’s not where it’s at when Chapter 4 ends, nor where it’s at when Chapter 1 starts. I have also listened to it in both Chapters 3 and 4 in order. Anyone have any ideas?

8 hours ago, DarkTempest13 said:

So I am having trouble locating the Spirit Radio in Chapter 0. It’s not where it’s at when Chapter 4 ends, nor where it’s at when Chapter 1 starts. I have also listened to it in both Chapters 3 and 4 in order. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, you can find it here:

Spoiler

There's a little alcove next to Vanderberg's (the young guy) room.  It's on the table there.

• Like 1

Okay, the only thing I'm missing now is the last newspaper clipping and it's driving me crazy.  It's the fourth one in the book on the pause screen.  I've got an empty page to the left of "WHERE DOES HE GET HIS IDEAS" and I can't find it anywhere.  Does anyone have any idea where it is?

EDIT: I have the one from the hotel room, so it has to be somewhere in the main house.  Is there a newspaper clip anywhere outside maybe?

EDIT 2: Okay, so here's where the other 9 are at, if anyone is missing them. in order that are in the book on the pause screen.  Hope it can help someone

1. Vanderberg Boy Drowns - On a table next to the fireplace in he big room in the back on the first floor that Gustaf brings Mundy (don't know what to call that room but it's the big main one that Gustav interviews everyone in)

2. Disgraced Swedish Detective Quits - Bernhardt's Room

3. Sarah Bernhardt Knocks Them Dead - Back in the Kitchen Storeroom

4. ????

5. Where Does He Get His Ideas? - In Edison's Room

6. Where is Tesla? - In Tesla's Office (The room where the will is at.  It's on the floor, next to the desk)

7. Mundy Trial Erupts in Violence - From the previous room, face the exit towards the stairs from Tesla's Desk, turn left and go through the door you're now facing, turn right, it's the first door on your right, in the bathroom

8.Free Energy Ten Years On - In The Hotel Room on the desk

9.The Man In Room 3327 - Inside the piano

10.Tesla Dead - In newspaper clip 7, in the bathroom, go out the door and towards the bed in the main room there.  It's to the left of the bed on the floor.

Edited by FrumpleOrz

8 hours ago, FrumpleOrz said:

Okay, the only thing I'm missing now is the last newspaper clipping and it's driving me crazy.  It's the fourth one in the book on the pause screen.  I've got an empty page to the left of "WHERE DOES HE GET HIS IDEAS" and I can't find it anywhere.  Does anyone have any idea where it is?

4. ????

The fourth newspaper clipping is in

Spoiler

the secret room from which Flora teleports/time travels. It is on the left, along the outside edge of the platform, behind the second pillar going clockwise from the entrance.

Edited by DaisyVilla102

Indeed, thank you so much for helping me get the final few trophies to get a platinum. The Spirit Radio and Hotel Room really had me stuck. In addition, there was one Diary I just couldn't spot (the one in the room with the two beds, by the chest. Thanks to the video for helping me on that one.

• 1 month later...

This thread covered everything I would've had a ??? about, except... I find myself not having naturally come across the Priest trophy, in finding whatever mask it needs to pop. Does anyone have a location for that one handy...? Thanks so much!

2 minutes ago, Coladar said:

This thread covered everything I would've had a ??? about, except... I find myself not having naturally come across the Priest trophy, in finding whatever mask it needs to pop. Does anyone have a location for that one handy...? Thanks so much!

Swan's room, under the stairs in the main hall.  Look to the right on the far wall as you walk in.  It's a nice little reference to The Sexy Brutale :)

7 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

Swan's room, under the stairs in the main hall.  Look to the right on the far wall as you walk in.  It's a nice little reference to The Sexy Brutale :)

Thanks again! Just earned the Platinum for this - I figured they'd hide the mask somewhere out of sight, and figured it could be littered literally anywhere... Never occurred to me to think tribal mask, then put two and two together with the one African character's tiny little room. So thanks so much for the assist there!

Now, having earned them all, I'm so-so on this as the trophy list. Really, everything was decent enough, save for the "find this and that random item" like the logo and other thing in the attic+tribal mask, etc. Those, and *especially* the Spirit Radio. My god, even knowing when and where, it took me several minutes to figure it out. I figured the thing would speak automatically to anyone in range at first, and then assumed that the whole thing would perhaps glow or something. Took forever to realize to look at one particular side, and then to pick it up and inspect it when it was "on" on top of that. 

For that matter, the Sailor - I mean, really now! In one secret ending chapter, go to one out of the way room, inspect one obscure item, *then* return to a totally out of the way location not used throughout the game and serving zero purpose in this section, and await the music to play.......? I mean, where in the game/trophy description is the hint clue'ing players into what is necessary herewith?

Some of these trophies simply must've required pure luck/absolute obsessiveness/being part of the dev team to figure out at first; required, that is, without the Internet+forums/guides, in which case they're merely rendered into being relative PITA's that essentially require you to step out of the game and "cheat" just so if you'd like to retain your sanity/many countless hours of your precious time.

Edited by Coladar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Go to the pause menu, so that you're back up on the balcony, looking at the map.

While each chapter is selected, as you select each character's portrait, the timeline will show how many of their scenes you've seen.

So, with chapter four selected, you should see this number of scenes for each character below:

Spoiler
  • Gustaf:  3
  • Flora:  3
  • Swan:  3
  • Vanderberg:  none
  • Edison:  3
  • Bernhardt:  4
  • Mundy:  4
  • Tesla:  none

Whoever's missing a scene, follow them through the chapter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, DaisyVilla102 said:

Go to the pause menu, so that you're back up on the balcony, looking at the map.

While each chapter is selected, as you select each character's portrait, the timeline will show how many of their scenes you've seen.

So, with chapter four selected, you should see this number of scenes for each character below:

Hide contents
  • Gustaf:  3
  • Flora:  3
  • Swan:  3
  • Vanderberg:  none
  • Edison:  3
  • Bernhardt:  4
  • Mundy:  4
  • Tesla:  none

Whoever's missing a scene, follow them through the chapter.

Thankyou I got the plat after posting this and forgot to come back and update. But thankyou for reply :)